Is Galaxies for me?

D

darthshearer

Hi there

Ive been reading a few threads on here after a mate told me about Galaxies.

I enjoy all sorts of games, but I prefer games where I can play online. It sounds like I would enjoy galaxies I love sci-fi / Star wars etc. Gaming I enjoy RPG's & Adventure games and I like the idea of trading fighting etc.

Can I have an idea of peoples views of Galaxies please? I know 90% of people who have it will like it.

What is the subscription like? I have been on the main webby like so its all in $$ :)

Is there a demo I can get, fan sites etc

Cheers

Darthy

D

darthshearer

Cheers :)

I have just read this months PCG and it a had a little "review" of it in there and they gave it a good rating althoucg they did say that it has got a lot of bugs but the peps are working over time to try and sort them out :)

Hmm still thinking :)

btw what is DAoC like?

C

cr3

Originally posted by darthshearer

btw what is DAoC like?

rubbish

its good ish, till you hit 50. your always under the illusion that when you hit 50 you'll suddenly become some killing machine and really start to rock in rvr. but its the total opposite, you suck just as much as the other 350 players zerging you... its 0 skill, and really dull.

E

Ebonn

Originally posted by darthshearer

btw what is DAoC like?

Terribly linear and no thought involved. fun for a few months till you realise just how little there is to do.

F

Fafnir

Well i can say this, i almost hated the game cause it was just another money maker for Mr. Lucas, and would be full with leet kids, but i bought the game just cause i had many from my daoc guild here. And know i'm really starting to enjoy the game, and have seen no of thoose leet kids, sure you can almost tell by talking to a person if he is young or old, but thoose who i've meet are really nice.

Hell i ran past a ch master out in the wilderness never seen him before and i asked him if he needed some training so i could scoop up some apprentice points. His first answer was no but 10 min later he called me back and said well i can drop some pistol skill and let you train me, and voila 180 apprentice points just like that. :D There are some really nice people and the game is from my point of view pretty good and can only get better as they iron out the bugs.

D

darthshearer

Thanks for the views please keep them coming :)

S

Shinlu

btw what is DAoC like?

It's yust a nice looking meat-grind...
It was a bit fun at the release but after a few months it got all boring.

Not many nice people ingame either, always bitching and whining about something :(

Users who are viewing this thread