Is Cali the "decicion place of the world"? Oh and weed.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
HEard this in a discussion yesterday and if you consider the smoking ban and now this, seems so :p

ECA

I am a FH squatter
What cave have you been living in? ^^

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
20030515-06%20-%20Fantasy%20Cave.jpg

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
That's a funky cave.

Sounds to me like "Okay, you can smoke yourself insensible, and you'll pay Uncle Sam tax dollars on every joint. Just don't go doing it in front of nice people, and don't peddle your shit to youngsters or we'll lock you up".

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
yeah that is a nice cave
wonder what the accoustics would be like

Zede

Part of the furniture
If the state manages to sell to the kids what the mexicans have been sellin to em since the 60s, it should wipe out approx 70% of the cartel's profits & make cali. a very profitable state and irk the mexicans.

so many conspiracies concerning illuminati & the like, why not a kick ass one from a dope smokin' presie who secretly wants to turn the world from an petrochemical based, to hemp based economy. REEFER MADNESS.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Its certainly a positive move if it goes through but isn't it still illegal under federal law?

There is growing support for it to be legalised, its such a waste of resources to police something that is essentially harmless if taken in moderation. I really wish politicians would do some real research into it and this at least might lead to that.

Being an ex-smoker I still support peoples freedom if they would rather have a joint that a pint, its better for them and is far less likely to lead to addiction, crime or anti social behaviour. Its medical qualities have still not been looked into properly (though more and more people are recognising some of its benefits) Not to mention all the uses for cannabis by-products, fuel, clothing, paper every single part of the plant has a use.

I don't smoke it any more for the same reason I don't drink alone, I would rather go out to the pub and drink than sit at home in front of the TV and drink.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
But should all weed be legal? Since there are some weeds that can knock out even a "pro smoker"

And they should put harder "fines" and/or "penelties" if someone commits a crime or hurts another person while being influenced by drugs and/or alcohol.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
But should all weed be legal? Since there are some weeds that can knock out even a "pro smoker"

And they should put harder "fines" and/or "penelties" if someone commits a crime or hurts another person while being influenced by drugs and/or alcohol.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
May as well legalise it all, people can get access to it anyway. At least if it is legalised you can tax it whilst removing a massive source of income for the criminal element. Yes, more people will be stoned and stupid, there will be more mental health issues too but at least with the taxation we can actually get some money back to pay for treatment.

As it stands we are just fighting a battle we can never win.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber

Alcohol will kill, no cannabis will kill, no matter how much you smoke.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I'm sorry but the legalise will reduce crime argument is bollocks.

People will always deal because it's profitable. You'd have to have a massive crackdown and change of laws to make it not worthwhile for dealers. People will buy illegal drugs because you'll be able to get higher grade, cheaper, or just because of convenience.

If dealing weed becomes to risky, then dealers will move onto other criminal activity or other drugs. It's a bullshit argument based on a perfect world.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture

People will always deal because it's profitable. You'd have to have a massive crackdown and change of laws to make it not worthwhile for dealers. People will buy illegal drugs because you'll be able to get higher grade, cheaper, or just because of convenience.

If dealing weed becomes to risky, then dealers will move onto other criminal activity or other drugs. It's a bullshit argument based on a perfect world.

Still, you are cutting one of their income sources. Sure, theyll move onto the next new one, but still, you are making them work for it, maybe "losing" some of the criminals in the process.

But, think on us poor customers, what i get now for 30€ i bet it will go for 45€ after the legalisation process. And not necesarily for a beter quality, its weed or hash what we are talking about, not "better cut" coke.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Alcohol will kill, no cannabis will kill, no matter how much you smoke.
Alcohol might kill if you drink too much. And they have found links between pot and testicular cancer.

Everything you overuse is harmfull.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Alcohol might kill if you drink too much. And they have found links between pot and testicular cancer.

Ask Georgie Best (R.I.P :( ), or Gazza for all that maters :p

ECA

I am a FH squatter

I'm on board the legalise train.

Think about Prohibition of alcohol - it drove the trade into the hands of organised crime - and brought with it dealer violence to control the trade - and lowered the quality of the product ( watered down, to make more money - the same reason drugs get cut with shit ) and _increased_ the consumption rate.

The same thing occurs where drugs are prohibited.
Basically the cure is worse than the problem.

Look at portugal where they decriminalised a lot of recreational drugs - using rates have gone down, crime down, treatment and rehab rates up.

I'd go a step further and have a government distribution monopoly on it so it can get taxed properly as well.

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved

So you're comparing a possible and rare longterm effect of pot against a rare short term effect of alcohol, but how about alcohol's longterm health effects?
How about their respective collateral damage as well, not just direct damage. Alcohol ( even if only slightly (over)used) isn't that innocent.

Danita

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
We have to ask ourselves. Do we benefit from paying shady drug dealers or the government?

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Well, I trust the drug dealer more , but at least the government is less violent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom