Is Barrysworld Being Nazi'ed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

old.Gombur Glodson

I think you got a warning cause you spammed the bring back fonz pic all over the place, but that's just me.

T

Teh Krypt

Originally posted by old.Gombur Glodson
I think you got a warning cause you spammed the bring back fonz pic all over the place, but that's just me.

Well no, if you read the post it says I got it for unlocking the thread.

M

mirieth

What I think. What I really, really think is this...

It's a forum, you post stuff and read stuff on it. Stop over-analysing it.

Mmmkay?

M

Munkey-

krypt was a young child
he cant feel the love.
off topics gone mild
he sets forth a dove

M

mirieth

Strong poetry skills!

*gives Munkey a smiley face sticker for effort*

M

Munkey-

Oh joy!

When can i start finger-painting miss?

S

SilverHood

forums are what you make of them

lots of negative posts/whines will create a negative atmosphere

lots of non-negative ones will create a good atmosphere

its really up to you guys to get Barrysworld back the way it once was, where people had their opinion, you respected that or argued and flamed?

:rolleyes:

M

mirieth

Originally posted by Munkey-
Oh joy!

When can i start finger-painting miss?

Three weeks next Tuesday, when the moon is full.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Just make sure Cadire doesn't become a PS mod...

Fonz was one of the witty, intelligent posters and a fun poster.

OT was always a bit like the general BW forums... before Cadire rushed in to Nazi every thread that was not filled with love and/or fluffiness.

Heck, no one killed each other before you came in, Cadire.
There was always a bit of self censorship involved - and where not, Damini or Brinx stepped in - but only in extreme cases.

Someone calls someone a fuckwit and you rush in to close the thread.

There goes my last DAoC/OT post... it's just no enjoyable anymore. :eek:

T

The Kingpin

Hail!

clinton-hitler.jpg

C

Cadire

Uncle Sick... you're post would be sad if it wasn't so laughable. The sound of dummies being thrown out of prams is almost deafening.

I feel bad about people like Uncle Sick losing their right to call people fuckwits.... whatever will I do next, demand civil discussions?

However...

I am tired of being called a nazi by halfwits who couldn't string a sentence together without the word 'cunt' in it.

I am tired of the whines after I edit/close/delete a thread.

I am tired of people like Uncle Sick/Fonz/etc pontificating on their right to call people Fuckwits/Queers etc.

I'm handing all my nazi regalia to return to the life of a non-mod.

D

Damini

Oh, for fucks sake, you're such a bunch of drama queens sometimes. To be honest, Fonz got away with murder for a long time because he happened to be witty, intelligent and amusing alongside it. If you troll and you're a low IQed peon, you get stamped on far sooner because you lack any redeeming features, and maybe thats wrong but thats the way the cookie crumbles. Uncle Sick, you know as well as I do that if you only stayed in your foul moods as Uncle "Drunk At The Wedding" Sick then you'd have probably got banned a while back for stealing all the babies candies and making the bride cry, but as it happens when you are witty and helpful you're pretty damn good at it, and so therefore people tolerate a lot more. It doesn't mean that it should be tolerated indefinately and by everybody though, and the same applies with Fonz.

To be frank, calling someone a homosexual umpteen times in one thread and then putting the cherry on top by saying how you beat up homosexuals as an equal opportunity beating affair does warrant some kind of response. I don't want Fonz to leave at all, and I'm sad that he has deleted his account, but I don't think Cadire was out of line in a warning.

Sure, you enjoyed Sigurd. Yet at the same time, we had reported post after reported post, and were having to deal with the very upset/irate people that didn't appreciate it. Krypt, you've spent ages in IRC before complaining because someone has flamed you, and yet here you are as an ambassador for the flaming masses. There are two sides to every issue.

BW isn't dying. It isn't going to become the VN Boards. Me and Brinx save the ban stick for real life threats and things that really truly madly deeply warrant it, and you all know we have to be pushed pretty far to press the big red button. Nothing has really changed, the major crack down has been on the +1 brigade, not on content.

R

Rubric

Originally posted by Cadire
I'm handing all my nazi regalia to return to the life of a non-mod.

Seems a shame to me you where the only mod to stand up to those sorts of people. Y ou seem a fair and nice guy to me. ill be sorry to see you step down.

T

The Kingpin

I dident call you a nazi,

I was just adding something to cheer people up.
To much bitching going on.

A

Arnor

Originally posted by Damini
Oh, for fucks sake, you're such a bunch of drama queens sometimes. To be honest, Fonz got away with murder for a long time because he happened to be witty, intelligent and amusing alongside it. If you troll and you're a low IQed peon, you get stamped on far sooner because you lack any redeeming features, and maybe thats wrong but thats the way the cookie crumbles. Uncle Sick, you know as well as I do that if you only stayed in your foul moods as Uncle "Drunk At The Wedding" Sick then you'd have probably got banned a while back for stealing all the babies candies and making the bride cry, but as it happens when you are witty and helpful you're pretty damn good at it, and so therefore people tolerate a lot more. It doesn't mean that it should be tolerated indefinately and by everybody though, and the same applies with Fonz.

To be frank, calling someone a homosexual umpteen times in one thread and then putting the cherry on top by saying how you beat up homosexuals as an equal opportunity beating affair does warrant some kind of response. I don't want Fonz to leave at all, and I'm sad that he has deleted his account, but I don't think Cadire was out of line in a warning.

Sure, you enjoyed Sigurd. Yet at the same time, we had reported post after reported post, and were having to deal with the very upset/irate people that didn't appreciate it. Krypt, you've spent ages in IRC before complaining because someone has flamed you, and yet here you are as an ambassador for the flaming masses. There are two sides to every issue.

BW isn't dying. It isn't going to become the VN Boards. Me and Brinx save the ban stick for real life threats and things that really truly madly deeply warrant it, and you all know we have to be pushed pretty far to press the big red button. Nothing has really changed, the major crack down has been on the +1 brigade, not on content.

I totally agree, try vn only for a week. thats nazi, this is anarchy heaven compared. So lay off with the (subtle) hints and questions, this isnt a nazi-board with nazi mods, and hopefully it wont ever be. (unless the evil spawn of the devil that ign is buys it too :puke: R.I.P Ve3d :( )

T

The Kingpin

If you are giveing up you're mod status Cadire, may the bumface avatar be with you :(

K

klavrynd

vn is slow, has no utility and mods find it fun to edit the naught naughty words out, but hey that's amerika, land of hypocrisy and political correctness

I do think that there should be some stricter rules in the non-off-topic sections to prevent postfarming (admitted, i do sometimes postfarm some for myself)

and ps : krypt .... :hat: might be appropriate here

ill take the role of mod if cadire wants to stop , i can be a real thightarse sometimes :)

K

klavrynd

class destroyed, nothing to whine about anymore

O

old.LandShark

Honestly cannot believe some of the posts here...
Well said Damini, and Cadire: illigitimae non carborundum.

K

klavrynd

which means :"Don't let the bastards wear you down" for the people that don't know how to use google :)

O

old.LandShark

Think it's a very bad translation actually, something like "bastards not grind you down"... couldn't remember the longer version "Never let the bastards grind you down", which some mildly famous guy mildly famously had enscribed on the back of his watch.
Aren't I just a goldmine of vague and useless information?

K

klavrynd

i'll stick with "Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari"

E

Ekydus

For shame on you Moderators! Spelling and grammar people!

T

Tilda

I have noticed the crack down, but I think, as Damini said, it really has been on the +1 brigade. 90% of the stuff that the oldies post is normally fine.
But imo as has been said calling someone gay repeatedly in a thread was too far.

Tilda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom