Is anyone here into Warhammer Battle Tabletop ?

Sigmar

Regular Freddie
I'm looking for some help and feedback from anyone who plays Warhammer Fantasy Battle.

I've created a new army list called the Nauticans which I need some people to play test.

If you're interested I'm happy to post any battle report you come back with and will take on board any findings.

The army is complete and ready for use and can be printed off (page by page unfortunately). Once it's been well tested I will change it into a free pdf and pop it on my main blog.

For anyone interested:- Nautica - for Warhammer fantasy battles

Thanks folks,
Sigmar

Belgerath

One of Freddy's beloved
Its a good effort, but its missing something...

I don't like your monsterous creatures unless you have a fantastic conversion in mind.

I would of went with something more like a Giant Crab and some form of chariots pulled with some form of sea horse.

I'll think more on it for you.

Would I play them if they where introduced, probably not needs more + i'm a die hard Skaven :D

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
It looks really good, alot more thought out than alot of armies I have seen fans design.

I am afraid I am not in a position to do any play testing at the moment. (All my stuff is in boxes in another country)

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
used to love the old tabletop game when i was a kid... 3rd edition mind.. realm of chaos etc.. then they went and spoilt it with the 4th edition and the battle magic stuff.

still think it would be good if there was a pc version tho. i know there's stuff like Dark Omen knocking about.. but one where u built an army from scratch and battled other peeps using proper game rules (turn based not RTS) would be cool

Boggy

Fledgling Freddie
Remember playing WHFB back in ... oooh ... 1985 or something like that when I was still at school. Is huge fun if you have the right friends playing and acres of space to set up your miniature armies :)

Can't critique your army, mind you. Sorry ;)

Gromnir

Fledgling Freddie
I think last time I played was 11 years ago ... or more.

played epic, war40K, necromunda, mordheim (i think it was called) bloodbowl and regular war.

lpep

Can't get enough of FH
loved 40k... played alot of the other games done by games workshop just never played classic warhammer on the tabletop so i wouldnt even try to comment on your army....

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Vet good :)

have some feedback though not on mechanics but on unit equipment names;

Clam Machete - sounds like something i would buy from Ann Summers!

Vulcanis - doesnt feel right a "fire elemental" in a water themed army, maybe an alternative?

Giant crabs - like it, goes well, but maybe another more fantastic creature or allowing them to be mounted. Crabs just seem a bit boring :-(

I know yo have a leviathan and giant octopus but the Kraken would be good even if it is jjust a special unit leviathan.

Man-o-war would replace this with jellyfish swarm

Other units ideas:

Undines - water spirits (google them)

Sea horses for cavarly units

Water elementals

sea dragon (cross between a sea snake and dragon, the chiease mythology long necked dragons look best)

Naga i know they are in WoW, but it just feel right in there apperance, i would expect the wave breakers to look a bit like this

all very good the above is positive critism not negative :fluffle:

:m00:

Vintersorg

Can't get enough of FH
Been playing Warhammer Tabletop on and off for the last 10 years...I play High Elves, Chaos, Dwarfs and O&G...

Sigmar

Regular Freddie
Thanks for the comments scorge and everyone else.

Scorge,

I've taken a copy and I'll be adding your notes to the list for consideration in the next draft 1.2. which I'll be posting up soon (next few days)

Other people have said the same abaout Vulcanis. I thought about cavalry and deliberately decided that the army wouldn't have them so I probably won't use the sea horse idea but thanks for the suggestion.

I'lll let you know when I post the changes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom