Is Albion extraordinary dark?

Das_Hibbie

Fledgling Freddie
I just can't stop to be amazed every time night falls in Albion. I've never had a problem with this in Mid or Hib, but Alb becomes almost completely pitch dark at nighttime. If I do tune up my screen brightness to 100% I can sometimes see a little, but not much at all.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
are you getting sun glare? for me daoc is near enough impossible to play when the sun is on my screen (late afternoon/early evening) unless i ramp the gamma up high. bring on the winter!

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Oh... And it is Dark age of Camelot!!

bump bump ding.... I'm here all week folks

tedStar

Fledgling Freddie
had the same prob, just set my 3dcard to go up .2 on gamma whenever a 3dgame is loaded up (very handy with cs too :p)

Leathas

Fledgling Freddie
I cant see in both Hadrians and hib mainland..ToA has problems with night light levels i think..In the end,realistic enouh :)

Firebirth

Fledgling Freddie
Is your monitor switched on

ahahaha :eek6:

I sometimes find it hard to see specially in places like campa forest or underwater during night time. in the end you learn to live with it.

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
I`m playing on a TFT screen and found out that if you stand up during the night, watching the screen from a certain angle, you can actually see pretty far even in the night.
Drawback is, that you spend 50% of your time standing. :(

;)

Red HATred

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:

:) hihi

a real spooky treat.. run in the forrests of Ft Gwyntell :) now that is pitch black... suddenly..; blue spamm msg in your screen... "a sudden thundering noise can be heard in the distance..." that is fun :) Tower keeper and guardian suddenly stand in front of ur nose :)

Das_Hibbie

Fledgling Freddie
Ah cool!
It's not illegal anyhow is it? Just wondering to be sure ;-)

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:

/waits till next week ...

Next week : Billy Connely ;P

Gorbash

One of Freddy's beloved
Das_Hibbie said:
Ah cool!
It's not illegal anyhow is it? Just wondering to be sure ;-)

not as far as im aware, it doesnt affect gameplay at all, other than allowing you to brighten up your screen (which you can do via other non-dynamic methods, i.e. control panel) it also has nifty little functions built into it like memory recovery, on-the-fly overclocking gfx card controls, screen capture etc etc, but as far as i can tell, nothing that would allow any kind of unique advantage in daoc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom