Iron Maiden \,,/, -_- ,\,,/ Mush Mush :d

E

Elomiem

well,im just back from the UBER IRON MAIDE CONCERT in stockholm/stadion from the Give me Ed till im Dead world tour and it was just so heavy metal fucking great that it isn't true,if u were close to stockholm u REALLY MISSED SOMETHING!!!!
finally this afternoon i put on my beloved IM t-shrt with Fear of the Dark albm print on,packed my six pack (beer),put on my cut jeans,got my knobbed heavy metal belt and bracer,messed up hair and went off to go to town,when i got there it was like picknick as there were people just sitting everywhere ,even on the roads although traffic was going :p,well,i had some friends right at the front of the queu( they had been waiting there since 10 am this morning ) and was so damn lucky that a security guy didnt see me when i jumped the fence.
when we finally got in at 16.30 cet ( all times are cet) we ran to the front as we had special tickets for close to stage) and posted ourselves there.
well,then the wait began..concert was to start at 17.30 but time ticked by and not even the pre band (murderdolls,i'll come to them later) hadnt played yet..people all knew that murderdolls where mega crap and all were yelling " FUCK MURDERDOLLS<WE WANT MAIDEN" etc.. well,after along wait,and more pressing forward Murderdolls came on stage and EVERYONE was buuing and telling them to go home.well,they started playing (they look like marylin manson the whole bunch and play what they call new metal which everyone thought was just noise and all the same crap) well,all were doing the ,,|,_ -_- _,|,, sign and yelling " fuck u ,go home,we want maiden" etc..well,i came up with a nice one .went like this..under 18 dont read!! "U suck so much u should be giving out blowjobs.." well,alot of people thought it was a good one as we started to chant it
well,FINALLY i was at the front (i could touch the barrier) and IM started to play,ALL WENT CRAZY WITH JOY and started mushing/headbanging/jumping/singing etc.well,just before they started to play i managed to take out my last beer and shared it with some others..
After some while it got really amazing as they played Fear of the Dark,Wicker Man and all the goodies
after abit they made a small brake (in wich i fought 5000+ other maiden fans to get out and get something to drink..i fought myself in again to..those knobbed bracer and belt help alot :p ) and Bruce (the singer in IM for all those who dont know) started talking bout all differant things,especially about how Sweden is the Country of Heavy Metal/Hard rock and he asked if they should come back in november when their new album is released,well we got him to promise and we all yelled " MAIDEN" and "BRUCE" till he lost his words and we continued.
well,then they played "run to the hills" and all really flipped out,it was already hot in their,but now everyone wanted it to rain as it was so damn hot..prob never swetted so much ;p . after this they played " bring ure daughter to the slaughter".well,then they played some more songs and then slowly thanked and told us theyd be back in november and told us that sweden will always be HM/HR country n1 ( as it really is!! ) and then it was over,well the concert was,the partying and so went on..
we left the stadium ( me and 2 friends ) and started walking with bout 10000+ IM fans down a main road ( it was bout 11 pm or so) and we were singing and drinking and all sorts of stuff..
well,the later part i wont go in on but it really was A HELL OF A CONCERT
IM4THEWIN..

K

Krakatau

Hate to say this, but IM are sell-outs these days...
I remeber back in 1984 when I saw them in Johanneshov- no Globe arena at that time - back then they really rocked :D

I'm gonna watch DIO on the 4:th of July, that's more like it I think :D

EDIT:
BTW I got 1000+ Leather & Metalworkingskills - guess I'm a real heavy metal fan ;)

S

Sortbane

That's f'cking great, wish I were at that concert, been a fan of IM since my early days, my parents at were what we call at that time heavy metal fans so I was raised up with Deep Purple, Jimi Hendrix, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath and countless other bands just to mention some few :D

oh, and the part with leather and nails I know is true, never anything handier when being at the front rows in a heavy concert to have, been punching people in the head with nails that are about an inch long that I had covered my arm with (nail-arm-bracelets), they moved out of the way after a 2-3 "strokes" with those. Helped me alot on a Satyricon concert a while ago :D

METAL4TEHWIN!!!!!!!!1111111

[partly edit]:

oh, Dio surely rocks too, but not in the same way as IM :D
[/pe]

K

Krakatau

Originally posted by Sortbane
That's f'cking great, wish I were at that concert, been a fan of IM since my early days, my parents at were what we call at that time heavy metal fans so I was raised up with Deep Purple, Jimi Hendrix, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath and countless other bands just to mention some few :D

oh, and the part with leather and nails I know is true, never anything handier when being at the front rows in a heavy concert to have, been punching people in the head with nails that are about an inch long that I had covered my arm with (nail-arm-bracelets), they moved out of the way after a 2-3 "strokes" with those. Helped me alot on a Satyricon concert a while ago :D

METAL4TEHWIN!!!!!!!!1111111

[partly edit]:

oh, Dio surely rocks too, but not in the same way as IM :D
[/pe]

I DO like IM, just that I think they were much better back in the 80's :)
I bet you forgot that your parents listend to Rainbow too ;) That's why you dismiss Dio ;D

Great singers fortunate enough to team with Ritchie Blackmore:
(1 of them not being (dis-)honoured by me ingame)
Ronniejames DIO
Ian Gillan
Candice Night
etc...
:cheers: :cheers: :drink:

D

[DK]hakke

Just woke up, fuck me that concert was so great :p
Bruce speech about mp3/metallica was helarious.
Everybody cheered when Murderdolls got of etc :)
They played all the goodies :) Missed Aces High tho...
But they played Die with you boots on, didnt excpect that :p

K

kinag

IM kick ass :)

Big fan of them, but I love Metallica!

Oh dont forget.. EVANESCENCE 4TEHWIN!!!1

E

Elomiem

yah,i love metallica to and evanescense are great to,but nothing beats a concert with IM :)

J

Jonaldo

Originally posted by kinag
EVANESCENCE 4TEHWIN!!!1

I'll wait till they record a good song first, so far the first two I've heard have been laughably bad, especially that one that hit the top of the UK charts the other week.
She's not got a bad voice but I find it hard not to laugh when the man decides it's really clever to shout her next line just before she sings it.
Absolute F*cking crap :)
Gimme more early/mid 90's rock like Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Alice in Chains, Stone Temple Pilots, Blind Melon, Rage Against the Machine, Screaming Trees , Smashing Pumpkins, Mansun and even throw in some old Guns 'n' Roses, Faith no More & Metallica and all the kids can just use their Evanescence CDs for coasters.

E

Elomiem

well,imo IM are really great,as are Slayer,Manowar,Megadeth,Killerrun,Blind guardian or Gammaray
:))

J

Jiggs

best metal band i ever saw was jane's addiction, years ago after they had just release ritual de lo habituel album :D

iron maiden really suck major homo cock dude :eek:

B

Belsameth

Originally posted by kr0n
Pop and Soft Rock fan aight?

don't tell him, he thinks he's 'ard :p

edit: to stay on topic
never been much of an IM fan, tho I have a great bit of respect for them for what they meant for the metal scene as it is...

M

Madonion Slicer

Just been listening to Seventh son of a seventh son now because of this post, man the songs like 12mins long still rocks though.

Will have to check out the new album see if they are as good as I remember them to be.

M

mirieth

I know they started their particular genre and all that, but I really do think IM are terrible :p.

J

Jiggs

oh yeah lol what was it:

NWOBHM

for short: lots of ugly brits in tight jeans, white trainers and with horrific long hair :)

O

old.Glabbin

Yeah.. Iron Maiden rocks tbh...

Children of The Damned is my favorite song

O

osy

Iron wha ?

Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple...

You in the corner, wake up and tell these youngsters what rock means.

M

MesS°

Originally posted by Elomiem
well,im just back from the UBER IRON MAIDE CONCERT in stockholm/stadion from the Give me Ed till im Dead world tour and it was just so heavy metal fucking great that it isn't true,if u were close to stockholm u REALLY MISSED SOMETHING!!!!
finally this afternoon i put on my beloved IM t-shrt with Fear of the Dark albm print on,packed my six pack (beer),put on my cut jeans,got my knobbed heavy metal belt and bracer,messed up hair and went off to go to town,when i got there it was like picknick as there were people just sitting everywhere ,even on the roads although traffic was going :p,well,i had some friends right at the front of the queu( they had been waiting there since 10 am this morning ) and was so damn lucky that a security guy didnt see me when i jumped the fence.
when we finally got in at 16.30 cet ( all times are cet) we ran to the front as we had special tickets for close to stage) and posted ourselves there.
well,then the wait began..concert was to start at 17.30 but time ticked by and not even the pre band (murderdolls,i'll come to them later) hadnt played yet..people all knew that murderdolls where mega crap and all were yelling " FUCK MURDERDOLLS<WE WANT MAIDEN" etc.. well,after along wait,and more pressing forward Murderdolls came on stage and EVERYONE was buuing and telling them to go home.well,they started playing (they look like marylin manson the whole bunch and play what they call new metal which everyone thought was just noise and all the same crap) well,all were doing the ,,|,_ -_- _,|,, sign and yelling " fuck u ,go home,we want maiden" etc..well,i came up with a nice one .went like this..under 18 dont read!! "U suck so much u should be giving out blowjobs.." well,alot of people thought it was a good one as we started to chant it
well,FINALLY i was at the front (i could touch the barrier) and IM started to play,ALL WENT CRAZY WITH JOY and started mushing/headbanging/jumping/singing etc.well,just before they started to play i managed to take out my last beer and shared it with some others..
After some while it got really amazing as they played Fear of the Dark,Wicker Man and all the goodies
after abit they made a small brake (in wich i fought 5000+ other maiden fans to get out and get something to drink..i fought myself in again to..those knobbed bracer and belt help alot :p ) and Bruce (the singer in IM for all those who dont know) started talking bout all differant things,especially about how Sweden is the Country of Heavy Metal/Hard rock and he asked if they should come back in november when their new album is released,well we got him to promise and we all yelled " MAIDEN" and "BRUCE" till he lost his words and we continued.
well,then they played "run to the hills" and all really flipped out,it was already hot in their,but now everyone wanted it to rain as it was so damn hot..prob never swetted so much ;p . after this they played " bring ure daughter to the slaughter".well,then they played some more songs and then slowly thanked and told us theyd be back in november and told us that sweden will always be HM/HR country n1 ( as it really is!! ) and then it was over,well the concert was,the partying and so went on..
we left the stadium ( me and 2 friends ) and started walking with bout 10000+ IM fans down a main road ( it was bout 11 pm or so) and we were singing and drinking and all sorts of stuff..
well,the later part i wont go in on but it really was A HELL OF A CONCERT
IM4THEWIN..

Ouch... Head hurts...

G

gibberish

Just love IM - have seen them 5 times starting way back in the '80's at Donington Park - arguably the greatest rock festival ever - but won't go in to that right now.

Have to agree with Krakatau up to a point. The earlier Maiden stuff was much better than what they are releasing at the moment, altho I still think that they release great albums and are undoubtedly one of the icons of the heavy metal world. :clap:

M

Madonion Slicer

WOOO holy moly Slogram my old buddie have you returned????

Drop me an email mate i lost your email when i changed PC's, Still playing ShadowBane?

Good to see you still around.

E

Ekydus

How the hell can Rockers jumping around in spandex call themselves hardcore?

G

gibberish

Have just sent u a PM, Mad. Big gratz on ur 50 btw. Wish I had been there for it.

G

gengi

Maiden were good back in the day when I were a lad Piece of Mind was the stand out tour, saw them once with the fatgit singing before Dickinson. But you should all know by now the best rock band ever was/is ? RUSH

Later

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom