Ireland and Holland!

Nomans Land

One of Freddy's beloved
Ok after playing this game since it was released I finaly want to meet some of you ugly mugs! ;) j/k

Im only 16 (17 on August 10) :p but I have big plans cause I know I will go ahead with them both next summer. (Yes its a long way away but might as well plan ahead cause you will need to for the Holland part).

Ok first off. I want to meet the players from Ireland and N.Ireland :). Im good friends with a guy who used to play and lives in Dublin and I was going to ask him if I could plan a little trip down south next summer to meet him, since I was meant to meet him this summer at a concert but in the end I couldnt go. So anyway, he might not have time off work but for anyone else I would like to see who is interested and I could sort something out in the coming year.

And Second: Holland. Now this is a long shot and im sure none of you will have ever heard of it or even done it, but I did it this year and I want to go again... The Nijmegen. This is a big event in Holland each year and it consists of doing 30/40/50 km a day for 4 days. Its a once in a lifetime experience as seeing all the crowds as you walk the last day is like nothing before. While doing it this year I even got onto the Dutch News :) This one is a little more complicated though because I go there to do it with Scouts which means I get in straight away. But from what I heard people without any organisation have to go do some training somewhere? (correct me if im wrong). If any of you are up for this and would like to meet up then that would be cool.

I'll get a website for the Nijmegen in a while.

So all who are interested in Ireland reply with Ireland and maybe a little info?

And all interested in the Holland thing type Holland and some info.

Would be great to get a bit of feedback on this. For Holland I will need the interested people to say before the end of November or sometime around then as thats when the flights are posted out and I will be booking my ticket.

Thanks in advance

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
Ireland - Dublin here =)

I'd be well up for meeting some fellow freaks .. i mean Daoc players ;P

jsut let me know when and where =)

Khale

Fledgling Freddie
You mean the "International Four-Days' March Nijmegen". And yes I believe they have some training day(s) so people can check a bit if they can really walk that distance. Most who run also come early so they got plenty of time to make it (yes you gotta reach the goal before 5-6 PM I believe, you'll notice it sooner or later when the sweeping fan comes by ;))

Offical Website: http://www.vierdaagse.nl/
(don't worry also in english, well for some part of the info)

Nomans Land

One of Freddy's beloved
Khale said:
You mean the "International Four-Days' March Nijmegen". And yes I believe they have some training day(s) so people can check a bit if they can really walk that distance. Most who run also come early so they got plenty of time to make it (yes you gotta reach the goal before 5-6 PM I believe, you'll notice it sooner or later when the sweeping fan comes by ;))

Offical Website: http://www.vierdaagse.nl/
(don't worry also in english, well for some part of the info)
Aye thats the one. Thx for posting website.

I do my own training (although I did none this year but still managed to complete it, thank god).

It is vital that you do training for this though. Dont want people getting badly injured. Next year I will be doing alot more than I did this year :)

Melachi

Fledgling Freddie
[SS]Gamblor said:
Ireland - Dublin here =)

I'd be well up for meeting some fellow freaks .. i mean Daoc players ;P

jsut let me know when and where =)

feck sake so there is some Irish people playin this game? I heard of one chap from Waterford or Wexford on mid/pryd, and Im from Kildare and so is my mate who also plays, but taught that was it :p

Speedr

Fledgling Freddie
i stopped playing the game about a month ago, but still look at the boards to see what's going on. I'm from Dublin myself and there's quite a few irish lads in Ilfirin Arda [Hib/Excal] who live around the country. As you already know though, us Irish are everywhere you look.. :clap:

Also, there's some irish ppl playing on Mid/pryd that i've heard of, one i know IRL called Taair, 50 shaman.

It's not hard to find irish ppl in the game.. sure Na Fíanna were set up by us Irish waaaaaaay back in beta :)

Melachi

Fledgling Freddie
Now I might be wrong but I also heard that Vengeance was set up or atleast a gm was Irish, Gilead? He played CS for a while forget his name now, and I went to school with a bard Yoshimitsu or somethin who played for Vengance ages ago. Also I heard Tusks orignial owner was an Irish lad too?

These could all be wrong, grapevines eh? :p

Btw, heres my Ma's side showing, nagging about spelling, but isnt Ilfrinn Arda spelt Ifrinn Arda? :p Means hell or somethin :D

Diar

Fledgling Freddie
Melachi said:
Now I might be wrong but I also heard that Vengeance was set up or atleast a gm was Irish, Gilead? He played CS for a while forget his name now, and I went to <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=school&v=56">school</a> with a bard Yoshimitsu or somethin who played for Vengance ages ago. Also I heard Tusks orignial owner was an Irish lad too?

These could all be wrong, grapevines eh? :p

Btw, heres my Ma's side showing, nagging about spelling, but isnt Ilfrinn Arda spelt Ifrinn Arda? :p Means hell or somethin :D

www.duskwave.com/daoc -> search for Elricstormbringer -> check guild name -> Ilfirin Arda :p

Taen

Fledgling Freddie
Irish here too .. Living in Galway atm and loads of peeps who game in the lan that I work in that play DAoC .. most of them are hibs though.

Nomans Land

One of Freddy's beloved
Good then you all better bloody make it next summer :p

Would also be good if this post could be moved to the General Discussion of all DAoC please (so the Pryd people who dont check these boards can see it to please?)

Fianno

Fledgling Freddie
im irish, from south derry, at home on tyrone/derry border atm but live mostly in belfast for uni

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
Melachi said:
feck sake so there is some Irish people playin this game? I heard of one chap from Waterford or Wexford on mid/pryd, and Im from Kildare and so is my mate who also plays, but taught that was it :p

eheh , well There's me , 2 of my bros (Vindicator and Sirex the Virus)
then 2 nutcases from Galway , both retired from Daoc though .. Seymour and Pepe ... umm a good few from up north , mostly Belfast and around there.

I remember when SI came out , i went and picked it up in Game , and there was a guy there picking it up , we started chatting , i asked what realm/server he played .. Mid/excal and he was a Thane ( Poor guy)
all i could say to him was Pwnd ;P

Nomans Land

One of Freddy's beloved
lol. Well im up at the VERY north in good olde Portstewart. Never knew there was also others in N.Ireland that played. But would be really good, seeing from all the response of Irish people already if we could all make it next summer. Maybe even earlier but since im only just coming 17 I cant drive yet so wouldnt get far.

Anyone live anywhere near Portstewart btw? Eg near Coleraine. Just a though of we could meet up some time before the big gig.

Statix says Hi btw Taen :p

Nicky Nook

Fledgling Freddie
I uses to live in Ballymena and moved to Derry City I played DAoC from day one and Started a Guild Called Na Fianna with a guy from Derry and a guy from Redcastle Donegal.
Gilead was in NF as was Tyka and most of the Vengance Guys before they started that Guild.I met quite a few Irish players over the years ..

Also btw i been to Portstweart many times as i have Portrush but i now live in California :)

Regards Nicky Nook.

Taen

Fledgling Freddie
[SS]Gamblor said:
eheh , well There's me , 2 of my bros (Vindicator and Sirex the Virus)
then 2 nutcases from Galway , both retired from Daoc though .. Seymour and Pepe ... umm a good few from up north , mostly Belfast and around there.

I remember when SI came out , i went and picked it up in Game , and there was a guy there picking it up , we started chatting , i asked what realm/server he played .. Mid/excal and he was a Thane ( Poor guy)
all i could say to him was Pwnd ;P

I know Seymour and Pepe irl :)

Taen

Fledgling Freddie
Nomans Land said:
lol. Well im up at the VERY north in good olde Portstewart. Never knew there was also others in N.Ireland that played. But would be really good, seeing from all the response of Irish people already if we could all make it next summer. Maybe even earlier but since im only just coming 17 I cant drive yet so wouldnt get far.

Anyone live anywhere near Portstewart btw? Eg near Coleraine. Just a though of we could meet up some time before the big gig.

Statix says Hi btw Taen :p

lol how do u know Statix .. He is a good m8 of mine irl :)

Nomans Land

One of Freddy's beloved
Nothing special just we used to be in the same guild and then I got his MSN so I pester him most of the time hes online on it since he quit :p

Hes the one I was origionaly going to see.

Nomans Land

One of Freddy's beloved
Hmmm was wondering if this could be made sticky so I dont have to /bump it every month or so? :p pleaseee :)

Ronso

Can't get enough of FH
Im from Galway here - also a list of Galway players in Daoc are :

Warlok Darkmatter ( 50 chanter hib excal )
Ronso Darkmatter ( rerolled 50 hero hib excal )
Lube Zalot ( 30 skald camlann )

Lav ( 40ish menta hib excal)
Terminater ( 50 infil alb excal )
Terminater ( 25 infil camlann )

Tinneth ( 50 bard )
Tinnith ( 40ish warden )

Deadredeye ( rerolled 50 ranger hib excal )
Pine ( 50 animist hib excal )
Pinstripe ( 50 champ hib excal )

Snowslash ( rerolled 50 enchanter hib excal )
Punishment ( soon to be 50 hero - will pwn big style ) :clap:

Commandment ( soon 2 be 50 chanter hib excal )

Prodical ( 49 chanter hib excal )

Maksvillaz ( 50 animist hib excal )
Maks ( dont think this name is right --- 50 chanter hib excal )

Triggerhappy ( some random valewalker class ;) hib excal )

Tuscan ( hard workin shar hib excal )

Microhard ( no comment - some form of inbread bard but unsure :twak: )

Anyway thats a few of us who play together - friends of Taen ( ref earlier posts ) if u dont play hib excal u can shout us on camlann -

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
well just came back from a GUild Real life meeting

Was a really good laugh, good weather and cheap beer =)

so just let me know when, where and who to blame when things go wrong and i'll be there =) :cheers: :cheers:

Marc

FH is my second home
[SS]Gamblor said:
well just came back from a GUild Real life meeting

Was a really good laugh, good weather and cheap beer =)

so just let me know when, where and who to blame when things go wrong and i'll be there =) :cheers: :cheers:

Cheap beer??? Blackpool is well expensive!! Was a good laugh tho. Will post a pic of that old lady you got off with later :eek2:

But yeah, real life meets so all the gob shites and badboys from RvR forum can turn up and we can see how hard they act in real life.

Marc

FH is my second home
Taen said:
I know Seymour and Pepe irl :)

They both came over to manchester on guild meet last year. I couldnt make it to that one but by all accounts a crazy time was had by all

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
Marc said:
Cheap beer???. Will post a pic of that old lady you got off with later :eek2:

it was dead cheap beer imo , and as for that Old lady .. i never touched your mum ;P

Tinneth

One of Freddy's beloved
Funs over boyos , Tinn ere :p, i Live in galway :drink:
know taen and a alooooot of caelot players IRL, i do not know any ppl who play mid tho :x

prodical

Fledgling Freddie
lo guys irish aswell, from the taen contingent.
btw taen bud......'all hibs tho''..... really tinneth mate i think he's annoy u and pine powneeeeeeeed him :fluffle:

Melachi

Fledgling Freddie
Im irish and I used to play mid/pryd, when I reactivate am going camlann though.

Blackdeath is another Irish player he plays mid/pryd also :D

All you feckers are culshies though, suprised DAoC hit the west :p

Run0ff

Loyal Freddie
\o/ To all from Ireland & N.Ireland
Im from Belfast Playing Mid/Excal.
Runoff 50 Zerk 5l6
Kobol 50 Hunter 2l5
<Aesir's Blade>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom