IRC logging...

K

*Kornholio*

Does anyone know of a program that logs all IRC activity, even these java website based ones ??

N

nath

well, mirc can log all the text in a channel, but do you mean something more specific?

K

*Kornholio*

Yeah, it's for a mate, his daughter is using IE based chat prog's & he wants to log them to make sure nothing dodgy's going on... I've never heard of any program that could do it though...

O

old.Fweddy

Summo that link doesn't work. You're not going to be very helpful if you keep posting out of date urls.

D

danger

Originally posted by old.Fweddy
Summo that link doesn't work. You're not going to be very helpful if you keep posting out of date urls.

He seemed so serious the way he said that :D

P

Perplex

Originally posted by *Kornholio*
Does anyone know of a program that logs all IRC activity, even these java website based ones ??

Not possible, only thing he can do is get a general key-stroke logger to see what SHE is typing. If she's getting up to no good, he might only have half the conversation (her half) but that will be enough

K

klavrynd

hook up a *nix box and ngrep for date sex pr0n and drugs ?

P

Panda On Smack

on the subject of logs who has the most logs going furthest back?

i ask this as the other day i looked in my dir by accident and noticed 71mb of logs (2,562 files) going back 2 years to march 2001

how sad

P

Perplex

Originally posted by Panda On Smack
on the subject of logs who has the most logs going furthest back?

i ask this as the other day i looked in my dir by accident and noticed 71mb of logs (2,562 files) going back 2 years to march 2001

how sad

Approaching 1gb of logs, dating back to 1995

K

klavrynd

I had an irc log directory of 11xmb worth of logs until i cleaned it out

never understood why i log anyhow

P

Perplex

Originally posted by Panda On Smack
wow, how sad

Says the person that actually raised the subject, in a purile pissing contest

K

klavrynd

i'm gonna charge you a hotdog for hijacking this thread!

P

PR.

Re: Re: IRC logging...

Originally posted by Perplex
Not possible, only thing he can do is get a general key-stroke logger to see what SHE is typing. If she's getting up to no good, he might only have half the conversation (her half) but that will be enough

Simulated keyboard log
<Girl> Yup I'm unzipping it now ;-)
<Bloke> <unseen>
<Girl> Oh its huge!!! :-0
<Bloke> <unseen>
<Girl> sux!!!1¬

I have a better idea... talk to the daughter, and warn her about possible dangers etc... It shows her that you trust her and shes more likely to come to you than sneak off behind your back...

Maybe

(DISCLAIMER: This post was not based on experience only how I would prefer to be treated)

P

Panda On Smack

yeah, i realise i raised the subject but as i pointed out it was an accident and this thread had all ready been created.

ive since deleted my logs, how about you delete yours Mr 1995?

P

Perplex

Re: Re: Re: IRC logging...

Originally posted by PR.
I have a better idea... talk to the daughter, and warn her about possible dangers etc... It shows her that you trust her and shes more likely to come to you than sneak off behind your back...

Maybe

(DISCLAIMER: This post was not based on experience only how I would prefer to be treated)

Heh, obviously that's the better choice - I just answered his question :)

K

klavrynd

allso what i do is check the users on the other computers using vnc (its my network so i get to play network gestapo!) to check on anything fishy

oh yes, this is a home...

O

old.Fweddy

Originally posted by danger
He seemed so serious the way he said that :D

Oooh, I get it. Summo was joking. It was a made up url. Very clever.

A

Aikon

Could always set up CCTV at the computer then you'll know what she is doing.... :D

K

*Kornholio*

Cheers for the help, I think PR has the best advice so far :)

O

old.Kez

Originally posted by Aikon
Could always set up CCTV at the computer then you'll know what she is doing.... :D
Have you seen a CCTV tape? You couldn't make out a goddamn word if you tried.

C

caLLous

Get her into using mIRC instead of shitty web-based clients (what does she use, yahoo chat or something?), then he can log until the cows come home (or until the logs are required in a lawsuit).

L

Lester

When, exactly, do the cows come home? 6 o' clock? Does that mean IRC only logs till then? I'm glad I didn't register it now.

:m00:

: pissedandboredsorry:

Users who are viewing this thread