Iraq

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/3990141.stm

So they've declared a state of emergency eh!

Presumably it was 'all quite on the Western front' last week.

Tanks rolling down the streets, rampant suicide bombers, 130,000 dead.

Bring back Sadders...put him back in power and turn a blind eye, he'll sort that shit out in a month.
I said at the beginning of the war that we would kill more Iraqi's and Kurds than he ever did, looks like we're right on track.

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
What a terrible mess. It seems to be getting worse and worse every day. One would think that it would've been starting to improve by now.

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
funniest thing is that most of these 'terrorists' arent even iraqis...

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Morchaoron said:
funniest thing is that most of these 'terrorists' arent even iraqis...
Correct, its drawing in every Muslim crackpot from the region. That's why they have been calling them insurgents. There seems to be a never ending supply of them from Egypt, Saudi, Yeman, Syria, Jordan and Pakistan. Basically anyone that wants to take a pot shot at the US/UK soldiers. We have basically created a playground for these brainwashed f*ckwits.

BTW I used the term Muslim crackpot, does not mean every Muslim is a crackpot or that the religion is in anyway responsible for their actions. Their are plenty of Christian groups the same (KKK etc). They are simply misguided and brainwashed by clerics that have their own agenda. I never have been able to see how these clerics can rationalise what they preach against the Koran which teaches peace and harmony. Yes, there are passages about taking up arms to protect your brother much the same is in the bible. But how these idiots can preach only a small section of the Koran and ignore the rest is beyond me. If I were the CIA I would be going after them first. The recruiters who send these mostly young and uneducated men into the war zone. So glad they finally got Hook in the UK /victory for common sense. He should have been sent back to Yeman years ago.

Read recently on the BBC that there is a famous Egyptian cleric preaching death to US etc. Quite vicious verbal attacks on the west in general. Anyway, guess where his kids are being educated and have police proctection at the cost of the local tax payer.....You guessed it, UK. When will we wake up!

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
It is reported from inside Falluja that insurgents, tribal chiefs and Sunni Muslim clerics have invited the media to enter the city under their protection to witness any assault, which they described as a crusade against Islam.

Bush started the war by calling it a Crusade and the word will stick, as it did with his voters. An assault on Iraq was the worst way to remove Saddam, an assassination would've ended it quicker. But the US wanted full control of the country and that's something they'll never have. Early reports of the number of 'insurgents' suggested there were a couple of thousand. This number is in the tens of thousands and moving into the hundreds. For every 'insurgent' killed, a dozen more will rise up.

Going in with guns blazing isn't the way to solve this, but the US forces don't understand this with their aggressive attitude. Even if Falluja was nuked, they would find harder resistance in another town, and then another. The people in that region don't see the US as peace-keepers, they see them as oppressors and every Iraqi casulty confirms that belief. Which increases the hate and gives birth to 'insurgents'.

The US has suppressed that region for too long. Millions of people who had economically stable lives are living in squalor due to western interferrence. So the ~20year olds who've survived through the sanctions, hearing of times when they had running water, medicine, education... will be pissed off enough to take up arms and do something about the occupation of their land. It's not about 'brainwashing' the youth, the reasons to hate the US are all around them... all they need is a little nudge and you have another 'insurgent'.

Frosen

Fledgling Freddie
Escape said:
Bush started the war by calling it a Crusade and the word will stick, as it did with his voters. An assault on Iraq was the worst way to remove Saddam, an assassination would've ended it quicker. But the US wanted full control of the country and that's something they'll never have. Early reports of the number of 'insurgents' suggested there were a couple of thousand. This number is in the tens of thousands and moving into the hundreds. For every 'insurgent' killed, a dozen more will rise up.

Going in with guns blazing isn't the way to solve this, but the US forces don't understand this with their aggressive attitude. Even if Falluja was nuked, they would find harder resistance in another town, and then another. The people in that region don't see the US as peace-keepers, they see them as oppressors and every Iraqi casulty confirms that belief. Which increases the hate and gives birth to 'insurgents'.

The US has suppressed that region for too long. Millions of people who had economically stable lives are living in squalor due to western interferrence. So the ~20year olds who've survived through the sanctions, hearing of times when they had running water, medicine, education... will be pissed off enough to take up arms and do something about the occupation of their land. It's not about 'brainwashing' the youth, the reasons to hate the US are all around them... all they need is a little nudge and you have another 'insurgent'.

right on m8 this is why they cannot win this so called 'war'

Maular

Fledgling Freddie
Hehe great logic

Teach them fighting is not right by bombimg the crap out of there homes, this is all the iriqy people have ever seen is "Death and war" most same go`es for most eastern countrys im afraid but Boming the hell out of them is no way to teach them tht fighting is not good.

The fact is religion is the key factor behind any conflict, We cannot win, the noble thing the British can do is walk away and wake up and realise outsiders are not the ones to sort this problem out.

oblimov

Luver of Buckfast

its the end of the world as we know it

:D

tbh :worthy: for a mass natural disaster to wipe out 99% of the world population and then maybe we might be able to start again and do better this time

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
oblimov said:

tbh :worthy: for a mass natural disaster to wipe out 99% of the world population and then maybe we might be able to start again and do better this time

wanna bet the 1% that survives will be the once that wasent supposed to? :)

besides, if there WAS to be a disaster in that scale. then i wanna be amoung those that die, cba to live without my computer and car and whatnot :)

Marc

FH is my second home
The Uk and the USA WILL win this war.

BTW, whats goin on in the ivory coast? They upset the french or something? Being a sun reader all i got was a paragraph about it in todays edition.

Maular

Fledgling Freddie
Marc said:

BTW, whats goin on in the ivory coast? They upset the french or something? Being a sun reader all i got was a paragraph about it in todays edition.

pfft that craps been going on for years, there only just publishing the odd story so ppl have some simpathy for the french getting shot to bits, by 12 year old war veterans, hey the U.S and U.K cant have all the "tragedy" lime light.

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
oblimov said:

depends, if these are relgious people the world will be fucked up once again...

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Yup they will after theyve wiped the population and taken all the oil.
Then its iran next to rid the wolrld of these 'evil' dictatorships.

Saying that what can they do?
Pull out the forces and the people funding the war wont get their oil, and chances are the country will go into anarchy.
Stay and the death toll will constantly rise

Such is the world today

depends, if these are relgious people the world will be fucked up once again...
Religion doesnt teach hate or to wake up one morning to go out to kill people,
Ignorance lets people be manipulated in such a way

Frosen

Fledgling Freddie
Marc said:

yes EVENTUALY they wil, when there is no house standing and all men have died

edit : and the frenchys where bombed and they destroyed the planes that where used not long after.

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
Chronictank said:

Relegion IS meant to manipulate people, including making them kill others if necessary (or not)

just look at how it has been used in the past and look at how it is being used today, like with the suicide idiots: "blow yourself up you'll get in heaven anyway, everything will be ok" :puke:

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Morchaoron said:
Relegion IS meant to manipulate people, including making them kill others if necessary (or not)

just look at how it has been used in the past and look at how it is being used today, like with the suicide idiots: "blow yourself up you'll get in heaven anyway, everything will be ok" :puke:

actually its something to do with honour, going to heaven an 40 virgins or something :eek6:

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Morchaoron said:

Yes and this is a standard generalisation that is often used by the psuedo intellectual munters that spout their liberal doctrine in a manner ironically similar to how gospel is ranted. Religion is not 'bad' per se. People allow themselves to be manipulated because it is easy for them. Why make tough choices when there are already rules that tell you what should be done?
Religon may aid in the subjugation of many non-western people but likewise western society is happy in the suburban stupor with media being beamed into their homes 24/7. We complain when people censor our fictional movies yet we complain when our news isnt censored... Didnt see any of the beheadings on the BBC did you? Maybe it would have shocked and disgusted viewers.. but that would have been the point. Get the fuck out of iraq. stop using the justification of saving lives for taking other lives. Remember that justification can now be applied the other way.

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
Rulke said:
There's gonna be another 4 years of it

and the 10 years of sanctions ... again.

a few hundred years ago it was called Seiging .. now it's called Sanctions :puke:

Zede

Part of the furniture
this "war" is all about oil, power, money and control - shit the west was doing this shit 700 years ago during the crusades - and its still happening. and we call ourselves civilised ?

kick the US out - vote liberal democrat in UK elections and get our troops out too - leave iraq to the iraqis - not iraqi puppets like the US have in "power" now.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Ballards right, we are such moronic fuckwits, we believe the censored highly edited 'news' that gets fed to us.

Never ever believe ANYTHING you read in the papers or see on telly, remember people the whole idea of SELLING news totally fucks up any faith you can have in it.

When editors are competing with each other for your cash you're almost guaranteed to recieve grade A bullshit.

Even 'serious' programming like Panorama, feed you tabloid level bollocks, complete with atmospheric music to twist your emotions and perceptions.

Mentioned this before, but in the early days of satellite I was watching a newsfeed on a Eutalsat satellite, it showed a load of crazy Iraqis slapping there heads and shouting 'Death to USA!!!
The guy says 'wrap it up' and the cameraman pans out, this crowd of Iraqis was just 5 blokes in closeup, behind them were hundreds of ordinary bemused Iraqi's carrying shopping and walking to work.

The camera never lies eh?

Marc

FH is my second home
The uk and US will never pull all the troops out of Iraq, purely because it will show that they have lost, if you will. Was talking to a mate of mine the other day who said he cant wait to go back to Iraq because "hes got a job to do". Wether he meant it or not i have no idea. Cant believe anyone would want to go back to a place like that.

Anastasia

Can't get enough of FH
Chronictank said:

Religion is now, and always has been about exerting control over others. Its a refuge for the weak-minded, and the cause of suffering and intolerance for the entire history of "religious man".

I'm totally, 100% with Morch on this one. Religion is for losers.

Marc

FH is my second home
Anastasia said:
Religion is now, and always has been about exerting control over others. Its a refuge for the weak-minded, and the cause of suffering and intolerance for the entire history of "religious man".

I'm totally, 100% with Morch on this one. Religion is for losers.

Im a catholic, albeit not entirely "practicing". Probably go to church about 10 times a year. So I would have to say, I am a religious person, so how does that make me a loser?

mts

Fledgling Freddie
we need religion police~

HEY YOU THERE, DROP THAT BIBLE!

Anastasia

Can't get enough of FH
I was generalising. One person's beliefs does not make them a loser. I believe that all religious beliefs are wrong. I don't consider myself a loser.

Following a religious doctrine for no reason other than because it is the religious doctrine you follow makes you a loser. IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom