Invincible Lemers

O

old.Kihon

Anyone had an encounter with an invincible lemer near the blodfelag camp nw of Hugginfel?

Saw a giant lemer, then a horde of lemers (smaller ones) one of which attacked my thane. It con'ed green to me, but I was hitting it for only 1 hp each time. It was not hitting me for too much, but since I could not kill it, eventually, it wore me down and killed me :(

Anyone else encounter this? Is it a bug?

O

old.Trine Aquavit

I don't know, but I was just outside ygddra gate the other day when I got a broadcast style message something along the lines of:

'a giant lemer screams...'

I didn't see any lemers but the next thing I saw was that someone had been killed by a giant lemer.

O

old.Friar Faith

The Lemer stampede was quite common in beta, but since I have not visited midgard since I didn't realise they took them out :)

Millions of small lemers will stamped...killing everything in its path and then a giant lemer would patrol afterwards....weird :D

O

old.ViscountCharles

Not seen it myself, but I know that a party of guild members got themselves wiped out by the Lemurs a week or two back - so it might be regular.

There are quite a few bits of weirdness off the beaten track - seen a big critter in the water called Kraken that I don't think is part of any quest ...

Hopefully we can have a bit more of this sort of thing - the biggest criticism I have of the game is that it's played in a world which never seems to evolve - for example, the werewolves seem content to have their fort raided at regular intervals, they never think "Gee, wouldn't it be fun to twat those humans over in Gna". Svartalf outcasts - outcast from where? Will they ever go back? And would it have an effect on me??

O

old.Trine Aquavit

Oh yeah, I'd forgotten about the Kraken. I saw this guy only a couple of weeks after release down near Nalliten (while grouping against the scourge of the spindly rock crab ;)).

Didn't think much at the time other than 'cool', but haven't seen too many rares like the Kraken about since.

S

Sarnat

Krackens

Krackens are epic mobs (?) that live in the sea and very rarely wander to the shores... I dunno if anyone has ever killed 1 and what lvl they are, do they drop stuff or anything... Only that they dont come out often ;)

O

old.Halfmad

lemer

I think the lemer is only able to be hurt by magic and not melee or bows.

T

Tasans

I saw the giant lemer message when i was a newbie then ran up to the walls of Jordheim in fear that thing might come after me :)

O

old.Tartanyak

Speaking out of experience here - I have been killed by the little lemurs once (also green to me at the time) and the big lemur twice. I'll post some piccies I took of them when I can be bothered to get round to doing it.

C

ceixava

that happened to me in macha too once

a midgardian invisible lamer saw me and killed me

no but really, there was that bug about invisible mobs and npc's a while back, maybe related?

H

Hufner

Well, I've seen the lemurs myself and survived :)
And when you're in w. svealand you will from time to time get the message "The screams of a giant lemur echoes through the land". Seen it a lot of times in Beta and in live...

As for the Kraken, I've killed it :D
I think it was yellow to me at 24...
It dropped a bottle of some kind of fluid, sold for 10S or so.
Funny thing was that when I clicked on the item I got the message "You target the bottle of.... It's from an enemy realm."
Strange, eh? Might the Kraken be an Alb, without the tin-can? :)

O

old.Kelmon

The lemurs have no particular use.. they're invulnerable to physical attacks, and can thus only be hurt with magic. Aggro like mad (even while grey), and are thankfully very rare to spawn.

Avoid like hell. ;)

O

old.Iunliten

I wondered about those too, then we have the mystical vrede who bashes the shit out of lowbies in mularn. Or halfmystical njessi who eats up people swimming in the lake of galplen.

Is there anything similar in Hibernia or Albion has gotten almost to 30 in hib but still no sign of these cool creatures?

V

Verena

Originally posted by Iunliten
I wondered about those too, then we have the mystical vrede who bashes the shit out of lowbies in mularn. Or halfmystical njessi who eats up people swimming in the lake of galplen.

Is there anything similar in Hibernia or Albion has gotten almost to 30 in hib but still no sign of these cool creatures?

We have several of these kind of mobs in hib too.

The Great Scourge in Connacht, big rat like creature that loves to sneak up on people and gank them.

The big skeleton guy that wanders around the woods at the Parth Farm in Lough Derg.

The big Ghoul like creature that wanders around on the hill in the middle of Cliffs of Moher.

The Blue Bilk, little kobold looking mob that wanders around Shannon Estuary.

The Unseelie Envoy that walks around in Bog of Cullen/Lough Gur.

So yes, we also have our collection of n00b ganking mobs :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom