Inverse Camp Bonus

K

kr0n

Was exping today at Cursed Forest finliaths for about 5 hours. We got around 26-30 million exp / mob until the camp bonus of 2-3 million ran out. Ok, seems normal. After that the exp just got worse, more and more all the time. We ended up with 17-20 million per mob.

Here's a screenshot from a Log Parser, nice graph how the exp went down.

ggexp.jpg

I talked to some people who know a bit more about the technical stuff and code withing DAoC and they said somethign about Inverse Camp Bonus which is there to reduce overcamping of spots. Sounds quite sensible.

But, since the realms currently have so few good exp spots, why is this there? When Mythic created the code there (if they did, or is this just another bug) it was normal for people to exp 1-2 hours at a time, max. Nowdays exping 5h+ isn't abnormal. They made Exp caps higher for levels 40 to 50, lowered the level limits in groups. But still they have this code there to prevent "Overcamping" of camps.

There is around 2-3 decent exp spots in each realm, excluding DF. Most of them dont support more than 1 FG. Some even less than that at higher levels.

I rest my case.

O

old.Iunliten

:m00:

(I really wanted the fluffy bunny that jumps and wiggles its ear, IT IS SO CUTE!)

E

erl

Hate that. When I was soloing at the bone easter oracles back in the old good days it happened all the time. Started out with camp-bonus, getting up to 10 mills per oracle. When all the camp bonus was gone the exp was something like 7,5 mills/oracle. It eventually reached the bottom of 5,8 mills.

D

-dewey-

ouch... 5.8 for oracles? don't think I've ever had them go that low... maybe 7 at the lowest

C

-chancer-

ive seen 3 and 4 million there ! did level from 39 - 44 there as wel

D

-dewey-

damn, hardly worth doing then, you can get 4-5 mil from varulv on scruffs (level 35-7 mobs I think)

E

erl

Originally posted by -dewey-
ouch... 5.8 for oracles? don't think I've ever had them go that low... maybe 7 at the lowest

You just have to stand there a bit longer and you'll see the exp decreesing nicely :p

O

old.Zeikerd

Best if you find two exp spot near to each other and alternate spots for best xp.

O

old.Zeikerd

Idea for lvl 30-40 mids and hibs, go xp in snowdonia. Stay clear of the guards and have fun, lots of spots there, super camp bonus and no albs.

O

old.Kal

You have 3 lvl 50s and u just figured this out ?....or am I missing something.....

V

Vell

Don't forget y'all that XP bonuses are much much higher in dungeons - so yes, it's a bit riskier, but the bonuses make it worth xping there.

K

kr0n

Originally posted by old.Kal
You have 3 lvl 50s and u just figured this out ?....or am I missing something.....

I've noticed it before but I just got statistics and actually CARED about it now. Exping sucks but its mandatory :(

D

deffy

you answer your own question there, xp "spots" try moving around a bit, as zeikerd mentioned give snowdonia a try, no-one goes there unless they have to even though the xp is great.

S

Sharma

DF - xping on diamond mobs, clearing em out very quickly around alb shredders.

1st hour) 30 mil per mob (inc the 10 mil camp bonus)
2nd hour) 20 mil per mob (camp bonus had gone)
3rd hour) 18 mil per mob (- 2mil)

it states in the the prima strategy guide this

xp will become less when a spot is camped and heavily hunting for a prolonged perios of time for example:

a mob gives 300xp

after 30 mins of heavy hnting of this mob the xp will drop to say 290xp

although the amount of xp earned does hit a hard cap as there really isnt any point in hunting mobs for 5 hours and finding you're gettin 2 xp for it :p

G

Gef

Thing is most groups wont stay together for more than 5hrs anyway. Thing about the fins grp is its always there, thats why its such great XP. People come and go but there are always replacments who can make their own way their so its non-stop exp. None of this, "Oh bugger the healer left, lets go back to innis for 2 hrs and try to get another" .. I would rather take the overcamping penalty anyday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom