Invalid CD Key

J

joe_black

One or two of my members are getting the error message "invalid key" when they try to log on to our server. They have genuine disks and can get into other BarrysWorld servers but not our server. This has only recently occured and is obviously annoying because the server they are paying for won't let them in.

Can you help BarrysWorld?

S

ShavedApe

This would be a server support question m8
I have never heard of this problem before though I have to say.

B

bigfoot

I've seen a few people reporting this kind of issue, but I don't know why a game server would be responsible as that kind of error usually relates to the authentication server. I'll ask the server admins to investigate.

X

xkill_sniper

Hello
I have the same pb.
All my friends have buy French Version of spearhead. We R in 2.11 patch.
Can't explain why, but sometimes it works, sometimes not.
I change the maplist, addind or removing a carriage return on the last line and it worked. But i'm not sure.
240 mins R a little bit just to make test ;)

For example, i started a 15 mins server to test, just before a "training session" with friends.
A friend and i were able to connect...
so, confident, we wait for this server to go down, try to connect to the trainin one : invalid cd key !!!
boring .....

X

xkill_sniper

Originally posted by xkill_sniper
Hello
I have the same pb.
All my friends have buy French Version of spearhead. We R in 2.11 patch.
Can't explain why, but sometimes it works, sometimes not.
I change the maplist, addind or removing a carriage return on the last line and it worked. But i'm not sure.
240 mins R a little bit just to make test ;)

For example, i started a 15 mins server to test, just before a "training session" with friends.
A friend and i were able to connect...
so, confident, we wait for this server to go down, try to connect to the trainin one : invalid cd key !!!
boring .....

Ok : Here is what i found .
while i got the message "invalid cd key" i press the ² key down (console key) and i browse the starting log.
Il tells that the client cannont read the keyn which, i suppose, means that spearhead on my computer cannot read the registry to find the key !!!
So i tried to uninstall , reinstall. Same pb .
In the meantime, a friend of mine that cannot connect to the server i booked due to the same problem tells me
"Hey , know what ?now it works !" He changed NOTHING on his computer, except the fact that he has connect to another server between the first time he was rejected and the next that works ! (i think this may be a workaround : thing to try !)

Last, i reboot. try again and .... it worked...

Strange isn't it ?

And of course, still no answer from EA despite of all my mails ...

M

muttley

i found this, hope it explains for those who have this problem!!!

A reply from EA tech support on the "Invalid CD key" error some of us are getting.

"You are getting this error because Gamespy is currently in the process of merging thier servers at this time. Please bear with them, and try again in a few days, when they are finished. We have no connection to this process, and there is nothing wrong with your CD key."

Users who are viewing this thread