Introducing your FH representative at the upcoming Mythic Press Event

Roffe

Fledgling Freddie
With this recent info about cross server bg's you have to ask them about that.
Also ask what Mythic think that will do for the realm pride- I really want to know how Mythic feels about that.

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
I fly out tomorrow morning, so this is your last minute reminder. Throw questions at me!

Try and drag some more information out of them. If you have read the interviews, they are very very guarded and will trot out careful prepared statements alot.

If they are going to carry on down that path. How about a schedule for the major annoucements.

1 Elfs - August
2. Crafting - ?
3. Guilds - ?
4. End Game - PVE ?
5. Final Tier information -

etc etc.

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
The flavour of WAR seems to be to allow players choice and freedom. How far are Mythic willing to take that philosophy?

For example, are there any long term plans to allow players to take control of their own areas like for example the Badlands in Warhammer.

A place where player guilds and alliances can hold their own society and defend it?

Will Mythic promote solo one versus one honour combat as a legitimate choice for players, if so how?

In other words how serious are they about allowing players free regin.

;)

Damini

Part of the furniture
Try and drag some more information out of them. If you have read the interviews, they are very very guarded and will trot out careful prepared statements alot.

If they are going to carry on down that path. How about a schedule for the major annoucements.

1 Elfs - August
2. Crafting - ?
3. Guilds - ?
4. End Game - PVE ?
5. Final Tier information -

etc etc.

Heh, don't fret. I have the bizarrest knack ever of getting people to tell me things. Without even wanting them to :( For example - the guy who delivered my cupboard was shot twice when he was nineteen, but survived because he was fat. People who I bump into in shops, or stand next to in queues, roll up their sleeves to show me dodgy tattoos, lift their trouser legs to show me their tracking devices, and tell me about their sex lives. Its faintly disturbing, and if I knew how to stop people doing it I would, since mind bleach doesn't exist, however - maybe I will be able to use this to my advantage ;)

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Heh, don't fret. I have the bizarrest knack ever of getting people to tell me things. Without even wanting them to :( For example - the guy who delivered my cupboard was shot twice when he was nineteen, but survived because he was fat. People who I bump into in shops, or stand next to in queues, roll up their sleeves to show me dodgy tattoos, lift their trouser legs to show me their tracking devices, and tell me about their sex lives. Its faintly disturbing, and if I knew how to stop people doing it I would, since mind bleach doesn't exist, however - maybe I will be able to use this to my advantage ;)

Look at the bright side. There could always be that lass (or lad) who steps in front of you and charmed by ur sexappeal just put off his cloths. Imagine all the bucks u can save in coffees/beers/chocolates/flowers.... u get the picture :p

Damini

Part of the furniture
Oh, trust me, if it worked that way I'd be one happy lady. Sadly, it's stories about shaving accidents, criminal records, or angels of death that tell them to burn. A distinct lack of chocolates.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Lou,

Enjoy the trip. Take plenty of pics (of women) and ask many questions.

Damini

Part of the furniture
Right, I'm off.

See you later guys :)

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Playtime - Starter Zones

Play - RvR Scenarios ][ how big will the rvr area's be

Tome of Knowledge w/ Q&A ][ how many players per server?

General Q&A ][ will there be instances?

anddd... i see im too late:< QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ

Damini

Part of the furniture
Don't worry. Damini sees all!

So... I've arrived. My eyes are bloodshot, I smell of plane, and I arrived twenty minutes too late for dinner, and an hour too late for the studio tour. Booo :( So, I am currently haunting my hotel room like a social pariah, wondering if it's acceptable for me to go to bed yet. Je suis shattered. It's probably best I didn't meet anyone today I guess. I look a little bit hobo, and surely that's not the impression we want to give of FH, upstanding citizens that we are :D

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Aww Damini,

Bloody flights eh!! Remember to take lots of pics, esp of pretty girls for us men :p

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Coolio - nice one :)

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
Good luck Damini! Hope you get rid of the jet lag soon! :)

Jarakin

One of Freddy's beloved
Congrats Damini, sounds like a load of fun! I've got a fairly meaty topic for you here too, should you choose to bite!

RvR discussion - Combat System.

This is somewhat cut and paste from a previous post of mine, but put into context for this thread! Anyway, obviously to draw the closest parallels, the two examples I have to use here are WoW and DAoC. My main query is about the combat system and how it will work, and whether it is set in stone, or still evolving.

With regards to the feel of combat in WAR and mostly the style of play, what exactly is WAR aiming for? DAoC's Style-cancelling, WoW's brainless mind-numbing button-mashing or something different and innovative?

I truely believe that style cancelling, style-chains and positionals were part of the best things about DAoC's combat system, it added a level of complexity and required a level of experience and skill to allow you to improve. Styles had to be timed correctly, you had to position yourself effectively and most of all, this made you need to think about what you were doing while in combat.

This is sadly lacking in WoW. DAoC required skill at "end-game" to be the top of the game, which didn't necessarily equate to hours played, but certainly helped. On the other hand WoW requires the acquisition of high-end items to compete, which certainly does equate to hours played, skill, although still evident, plays a minor part compared to gear here.

In a very poor and grossly generalised summary of the above:

DAoC - Style Cancelling + Skill = Party.
WoW - Button Mashing + mostly Items + teeny weeny bit of skill = Party.

Will WAR land somewhere in between these two, be exactly like one or the other, or go its own direction?

The main reason that I'm wondering about this is that although through different means, these both cause separation of the casual gamer from powergamer. I for one prefer the concept of natural selection to he-who-has-more-time-to-spend-wins.

I personally think that was part of the allure of DAoC and what kept me playing it for as long as I did and as such, I honestly hope WAR follows DAoC's lead on this one!

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
I agree with Deebs lots of girl pics!!

Damini

Part of the furniture
Ok, so it's all done now. I'm knackered, and perhaps more than a little hungover, so you'll have to wait till tomorrow for my write up, but let me just tell you this...

I love this game. I could lick it from head to toe.

I missed the studio tour, so I'm afraid no real photos to note, but hopefully I will be able to steal someone elses. You have a couple photos of me playing, a few more of the projector shows, and some rickety old video that shows exactly why I could never be a surgeon, or excel at Jenga. I think I have a permanent shake :( Luckily I have been given a press DVD, full of shiny new sexyness, and I will share all as soon as possible.

I tried to get as many of your questions answered as possible.

Calaen

You sound like you have enjoyed it.

Damini

Part of the furniture
Gah, a twenty three hour delay on my flight home. I have never been so bored and knackered in my whole entire life. I might have to wait till tomorrow to post my review, as I have developed narcolepsy, and just spent five minutes looking for a bag that was in my hand.

Sleeping on airport floors = suck.

Racing around a deserted airport at 3 am in the morning in a wheelchair, filming your own zombie movie by balancing your camera on your lap, and dubbing over the cleaners = good for half an hour.

People that refused to get out of my way when I was trying to get off my plane to make my connecting flight = the first to fall when the revolution comes.

Calaen

Gah, a twenty three hour delay on my flight home. I have never been so bored and knackered in my whole entire life. I might have to wait till tomorrow to post my review, as I have developed narcolepsy, and just spent five minutes looking for a bag that was in my hand.

Sleeping on airport floors = suck.

Racing around a deserted airport at 3 am in the morning in a wheelchair, filming your own zombie movie by balancing your camera on your lap, and dubbing over the cleaners = good for half an hour.

People that refused to get out of my way when I was trying to get off my plane to make my connecting flight = the first to fall when the revolution comes.

omg givf vid!!!!

Damini

Part of the furniture
omg givf vid!!!!

WPKenny has uploaded one onto youtube using my account (the hax0r!!), but I'm seriously debating the virtue of posting the link. I'd had two hours of sleep, and was left completely on my own for far too long in a deserted airport.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Not far off now - bless Damini, she's knackered!

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Do we get any boob shots? Even a side boob would be suffice!

Fizzing with excitement over the report!

Soyken

Fledgling Freddie
I only ask one question will you be doing something against players who create foolish character and guild names. Thats what used to ruin alot of the game for me in World of Warcraft so i quitted it and have great faith in you so i wont see a guild named "The Fellowship" with people named Arragorn, ***** etc. I just wish that people put some effort in choosing and creating names becouse the game is loosing alot.

Best wishes and hope to see ya soon in the world of Warhammer Online :)

MMO Expirience: World of Warcraft
LineAge II
Ragnarok Online
Mu-Online

Most Expirienc in WoW, LineAge II and Warhammer FRP

Oskorei

Fledgling Freddie
I only ask one question will you be doing something against players who create foolish character and guild names. Thats what used to ruin alot of the game for me in World of Warcraft so i quitted it and have great faith in you so i wont see a guild named "The Fellowship" with people named Arragorn, ***** etc. I just wish that people put some effort in choosing and creating names becouse the game is loosing alot.

I think she's back already, and knackered, so you might be a tad late :p

DAoC used to have a nice name-generator for people with no fantasy, I can immagine WAR has the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom