Interview with Mythic Entertainment

Fleeting

Fledgling Freddie
A link i found on the VN boards.

http://www.gamersinfo.net/index.php?art/id:307

Somthing i found quite irritating:

quote: "Larian: What about the classic classes and lands? With each expansion, they seem less attractive and antiquated.

Matt Firor: Well, with each expansion, the "new" stuff needs to offer something to the player that they can't really get from what is already out there. It's a fact of life you have to deal with if you want to actually sell something. The Team Leads are doing a good job in making sure that overall realm balance is maintained, but we are not planning to do anything monumental to change these classes."

I was kinda hoping that they would be planning to take a look at some of the classic class's at some point (some are really pale in comparison to the new catacomb ones) but i guess it wasn't to be :(

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
/roll warlock is going to be the cata buzz here same as the US.

Sucks donnit :)

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Well he does have a point, how many RvR-only people would have brought SI, Toa (and later this year, Catacombs) if all it offered was extra PvE areas :D

Fin

Fledgling Freddie
It's a fact of life you have to deal with if you want to actually sell something.

lol, who has brain washed this dude=)

maybe they should look their sell / sub numbers and compare those to peeps who actually r playing , 1 person needs more and more 2 accounts to cover the need of BB's so they r looking numbers , yay, again addon, now all these peeps needs to buy 2 of them and its even better farm / lvl speed when they buy 3rd, rock on , we sold again some 3rd accounts to peeps and that just covered the numbers who quit, rock on , lets make another addon in 6 months...

Comos

Loyal Freddie
Lol, so they actually say it themselves.

"Our new classes are overpowered otherwise no one would buy our new shit."

Tualatin

Fledgling Freddie
so, they should release an 'add-on' which brings more.. but worse? why would someone wanna spend some money, if it doesn't bring something usefull?

They did quite a nice thing with cata's.. it's alot easier for 'new' players to commence now.

Softy

Fledgling Freddie
Archeon said:
Well he does have a point, how many RvR-only people would have brought SI, Toa (and later this year, Catacombs) if all it offered was extra PvE areas :D

So what exactly did SI, TOA add other then extra pve area ?

And so what if he has a point or not, did you buy the addons because you wanted Myhic to earn more money ?

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Softy said:
So what exactly did SI, TOA add other then extra pve area ?

SI :

Necromancers
Reavers
Animists
Valewalkers
Bonedancers
Savages

TOA:

Artifacts
Masterlevels

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Dukat said:
SI :

Necromancers
Reavers
Animists
Valewalkers
Bonedancers
Savages

TOA:

Artifacts
Masterlevels

Aye, thats more or less it.

I brought SI&TOA because I wanted too, because they added in more content (content being the umbrella term for everything which was added) I wouldn't be able to get with the Classic client alone. However i'm not foolish enough to think Mythic developed DAoC for the love they would surely recieve from the gameplaying community.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Archeon said:
However i'm not foolish enough to think Mythic developed DAoC for the love they would surely recieve from the gameplaying community.

I am! they did! stop spreading such lies :( i wub mythic :D

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Dukat said:
I am! they did! stop spreading such lies :( i wub mythic :D

Don't make me go to the North Ocean, get naked, dive in, wrestle a whale into submission and use it to beat several types of hell out of you boy. Because otherwise i'm going to foot you the docters bill for the prosthetic limbs :p

Teslacoil

Can't get enough of FH
Archeon said:

hmm i would actually :)

I LOVE PVE! <i know i'm a stupid sod>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom