internet problems,

cazno

Fledgling Freddie
hey, I got some problems getting internet on my laptop and I have no idea how to fix it, it just didnt work this morning, if I go to "my network place"

it says that my local area network blablabla is disabled and I can enable it..

Anyone got any ideas ?

<using my mom's computer atm>

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Why exactly isn't it working? Have you re-enabled it? Are you wireless? Are you using a router? Are your ISP username and settings correct? is the modem/router plugged in?

Etc.

cazno

Fledgling Freddie
sorry for the little info I gave you, well we are using a router, not wireless, I turned on my computer and it was Disabled and I cant enable it, it says "connection failed!" when I try to right click it and enable..

this computer im using right now is on the router and works fine..

thanks for the reply

Overdriven

Basic stuff, check to make sure it's actually connected to the router. If it is, see if you can connect to the router itself (http://10.0.0.2 - I use .2 because I can!) - Not sure other than that, maybe need to reinstall drivers etc.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Basic stuff, check to make sure it's actually connected to the router. If it is, see if you can connect to the router itself (http://10.0.0.2 - I use .2 because I can!) - Not sure other than that, maybe need to reinstall drivers etc.

Failing that, run the Windows connection wizard. That usually picks up things like LAN and routers :)

cazno

Fledgling Freddie
where exactly is the windows connection wizard?

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
My two cents: before you re-connect to the net, do a complete virus and spyware scan / clean.

preacherboy

Fledgling Freddie
hey, I got some problems getting internet on my laptop and I have no idea how to fix it, it just didnt work this morning, if I go to "my network place"

it says that my local area network blablabla is disabled and I can enable it..

Anyone got any ideas ?

<using my mom's computer atm>
Throw out of window get a duel comp:) prob just bad connection due to weather:)

Overdriven

Center and quoting is the most annoying thing ever. Please stop... Only OTHER thing I can think of is a dead port on the router, but that's rare. Reply when you're back with the fix.

preacherboy

Fledgling Freddie
Center and quoting is the most annoying thing ever. Please stop... Only OTHER thing I can think of is a dead port on the router, but that's rare. Reply when you're back with the fix.
Take comp back to earlier date if on windows ftw accessories system set up system restore ftw ftw ftw

soze

I am a FH squatter
Like said you can delete it in Device Manager and then search for new hardware to try find it. But first check the IP settings. Right click on the connection properties. Go into TCP/IP properties and check to see if you are using DHCP or Static. If its static try changing it to DHCP but make a note what was there incase you do not have DHCP. The other thing to try would be unplug your network lead and then try to enable the card to see if its the card or the router.

cazno

Fledgling Freddie
I went to Divice manager and

Shot at 2007-07-21
I've tried to update driver but it says that I have the newest and when I right click my network card and hit properties It says whats on the screen when I hit "enable Device"

really thankfull for all the replies and I hate being such a idiot when it comes to stuff like this but hope I might sort it out soon !

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom