Internet lag on games but no idea why...

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
My download rates are fine - 400-500k/sec - but when playing online games I'm lagging. It's almost as if my connection can't send/receive the necessary data quick enough.

I'm a bit miffed at this since my download speeds are very healthy. The server's are based in England too so I should have no problem.

Anyone have any ideas?

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Try using pingplotter to see what the latency/packet loss is like to the server, and where it might be going wrong ?

Darzil

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Just ran PingPlotter for 2 different IP's i'm trying to connect to & I'm constantly getting 100% Packet Loss at a certain point.

http://www.sharebigfile.com/file/82620/pingplot-JPG.html

Imageshack won't work ^^

100% packet loss tends to just mean that the router is set not to respond to pings and isn't an issue.

What's the overall ping time, and does it vary ?

Is there any packet loss at the final hop ?

Darzil

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
100% packet loss tends to just mean that the router is set not to respond to pings and isn't an issue.

What's the overall ping time, and does it vary ?

Is there any packet loss at the final hop ?

Darzil

Ping time has a tolerance range of about 10-15%

The current ping has a habit of dropping suddenly however. It's like tiny spikes which cause it to increase in time, which then drops.

& I'm noticing now that the second hop & the last hop keeps jumping up massively. The rest of them seem fairly constant but those two are increasing massively.

I'll upload a second pic.

Main question is ofc - what can I do about this? As far as i'm aware (via. communication with others), i'm one of very few affected.

@Pysco - what about them? You have to explain things to me - i'm a bit dumb :(

http://www.filefactory.com/file/c34e85/

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
@Pysco - what about them? You have to explain things to me - i'm a bit dumb :(

np, i assume your running through a firewall/router?

and you need to open the ports for optimism use for many programs used in internet connections... im not a genius on the matter... but it alows a smoother contection between the server and PC

to find out what you need to open you'll have to get someone else to tell you, i have no idea about the specifics;)

and your not dumb, you used pingplotter, i dont get that at all:p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom