Interesting...

Dathcald

Fledgling Freddie
Matt Firor quote:

So what about Buffbots ?

It wouldn't be a day if I get out of here without having to answer a question about buffbots. To understand about buffbots you have to understand of course as I said two questions ago : Mythic isn't perfect. Of course we introduced this system where players acquire buffbots and get advantages over players who don't have buffbots. By the time we really realized how many people were doing this it of course was very widespread.
Now we are in a situation where some people love buffbots and most of you hate them. What we try to do is to make lots of little changes over time to make buffbots less attractive to people. If we just one day strike them down then the people that have loved to play buffbots of course won't play anymore and we don't want to make that huge change. We want to make them not appreciate the buffbots so much but still continue to play.
One example that we do to make buffbots less attractive : in Catacombs for example - we haven't released information about the classes yet - but I can tell you that the classes will be much less reliant on buffbots and on buffs in general. They will be a little more self-reliant, so with the new classes it won't be quite so necessary to have a buffbot so players of those classes can compete ; one example.
Read the patchnotes in the future as we do a lot of little things as we try to alleviate the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom