Interesting question to think about...

T

Tootz

I don't post on here often, but sometimes I like to try and ignite some discussion without the usual whining and hurling of abuse you seem to get these days on every thread. Forgive me if this has been done before, but I'm not glued to these boards 24/7 ;)

The recent spout of people complaining about which realm is overpowered, who needs nerfing, etc, got me thinking, so I'd like to pose a question to everyone.

If you could make the perfect RvR group using classes from any of the three realms, would an alb be included?

If everyone is being honest with themselves, I don't think albs would get a lookin. Here's one suggestion why (no buffbots were harmed in the making of this group):

Healers:
1. Druid - Full heal specced and worth it for Group Purge alone.
2. Healer - AOE insta stun, AOE stun, AOE insta mezz, AOE mezz, plus mana crack and back-up healing.
3. Shaman - Full enhance with the 2nd spec line being cave for aoe dot, and aoe root. Gives permanent end regen to everyone so they can run at speed song 6 all the time.

Tanks:
4. Warden - PBT/damage add/resists plus an extra sword never goes amiss.
5. Savage - obvious choice but at this time there is no higher damage dealer and with stuns and mezzes galore, the group doesn't need defense.
6. Savage - ^^^
7. Savage - ^^^

Speed:
8. Bard - last but not least, the bard. As well as being the source of the groups speed, he'd have his faithful insta AOE amnesia interupt, and insta AOE mezz, followed by AOE mezz.

This is of course just one suggested group by me and I doubt its the best one you can get. You could swap the tanks for casters of course, but if you did, I'd be willing to bet it would be hibby or mid casters you'd include.

Anyway, I was just interested in peoples responses and if, in fact, anyone would use an alb ;)

R

Rg.Roller

Mincer better than bard for the speed bit, Sos and ablat chanter etc.. insta stun. Bard skill already covered by others

shazzam

K

Kagato.

True but the bard is also a back up healer and end song etc, yes some skills already covered but it never hurts to have a back up.

The minstrel may be a better choice still, but if so its only due to SoS.

F

fl3a

shaman
healer
cleric
druid
savage
savage
savage
mincer

sos + gp + bof + perma end + insta disease + aestun + mana regen + savages + interrupt pet and loads more

edit: other tank setup -
savage
warrior
BM

PF + guard + savage :)

C

chronictank

If i was simply defending a mile gate:

Healer
Animist
Animist
Animist
Animist
Animist
Animist
Animist

:D
Mass pets blocking the way through :)

K

kirennia

Originally posted by Rg.Roller
Mincer better than bard for the speed bit, Sos and ablat chanter etc.. insta stun. Bard skill already covered by others

shazzam

Then you have to add a paladin/shaman for end chant = less hitting power

K

kirennia

Savage
Savage
Savage
Healer
Healer
Healer
Cleric
Bard

eeeeeeeeeeeevul!

O

old.Zoyster

Why should Albs have good classes, we have numbers............

M

mehuge

Characters from different realms are not designed to be in same group, so you cannot draw the conclusion that alb does not have as good characters just because some mid/hib combo's happen to fit quite well.

F

fl-gorre

Originally posted by mehuge
Characters from different realms are not designed to be in same group, so you cannot draw the conclusion that alb does not have as good characters just because some mid/hib combo's happen to fit quite well.
compared to both other realm, alb only got "decent" classes except our rogues, hence the minstrel in the team
hib on teh other hand is a stronger caster realm and mid melee realm

this shows alot in the proposed grp setups

T

telaron

Originally posted by fl-gorre
compared to both other realm, alb only got "decent" classes except our rogues, hence the minstrel in the team
hib on teh other hand is a stronger caster realm and mid melee realm

this shows alot in the proposed grp setups

Well yes but not only is it so that a savage outdamages a merc or a chanter outdamages a wizard.
The supportclasses are almost a bigger issue as albs normally have to run with one damage dealer in order to get necessary supportabilities.

I

iantheace

imho:

Bard (Amnesia shout makes mezzing 1st quite easy), good mez, backup end supply. speed

2 x Druid, 2X GP is completely uber in many situations, extra pet to piss people off. ae root

Mana eld: To protect the support with pbae should the assist train come that way. Suplly insta str/con debuff, AE disease, and stun for when the tanks are on support. Add damage to assist train if battle is clearly won

2 x savage: Because they are overpowered

Blademaster: To supply PF to make sure escape for enemies is completely hopeless, and still deal very good damage.

Cleric: For when the shit hits the fan and u are fighting multiple FG's (BOF). Extra healer

Users who are viewing this thread