Interesting Article

Nate

FH is my second home
What does this have to do with DAoC skar ;o

C

Carss

Intresting, the game has become all they do pretty much because they have nothing else :/

Steffan-

Fledgling Freddie
I would so not want that job :eek: The part about the Donghua raid company was just sick, and why would anyone pay real money to get the top gear, just so they could kill more mobs? That's just sad imo.

C

Carss

I would so not want that job :eek: The part about the Donghua raid company was just sick, and why would anyone pay real money to get the top gear, just so they could kill more mobs? That's just sad imo.

Thats what ive always thought about pure pve games.

But then i guess the answer is in the article, all those guys appreciating his charecter.

Wild

One of Freddy's beloved
good read :)

i knew about gold farmers and PLers .. but was first i hear about the 40 man "guild" you could rent to get u yr items lol .. its totally insane

i wonder if we could get a "rent a zerg" on cluster ?

Steffan-

Fledgling Freddie
i wonder if we could get a "rent a zerg" on cluster ?

If you had the money, you could probarly rent one of the gold farmer companies and start a new zerg guild, and eventually kill the cluster. Now that would be fun! :D

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
I just thought it offers a view of what life of a gold farmer really is like. 12 hours of repeatly killing the same mob (agggrrrrhhhh). Where dying actually in game has direct impact on your earnings.

It was interesting to see the pleasure derived from forming a 40 man raid and over time harmonising into a unit which just flows through these epic raids. Then to have it taken away because its not generating enough revenue.

It always good to see the other peoples lives.

Personally I am very anti gold farming due to its impact on the econmics of the game. I suppose we in DAOC don't have the same level issues. But I think that the Auction House in WoW generates a market place where ultimately money talks.

I am not sure what is going to happen in Warhammer regarding a Auction House equivalent, but the same issues will propably come to the fore. Though I am not sure how "equipement/recipes" are going to be sold/found and distrubted.

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Intresting read. I knew about chinese etc gold farmers, but had no clue was on such a scale, actual companies at it and 10+ man teams.

Given the mark up, what I can't understand is why some don't cut out the middle man and earn money themselves, setup their own auction sites etc. Lack of english? The whole thing controlled by gangs?

anioal

Fledgling Freddie
they work for shitty money.
maybe they cant afford having a single computer not to mention 10+, the game, subscriptions, paying the bills for space, electricity, bandwidth, etc.

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
they work for shitty money.
maybe they cant afford having a single computer not to mention 10+, the game, subscriptions, paying the bills for space, electricity, bandwidth, etc.
Old thing of you need money to make money :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom