Instant RvR

Zedenz

Can't get enough of FH
This convenient arrangement of realms capturing and holding keeps in opposing realms in order to enforce “Instant RvR” has got to end.

At the moment RvR is basically, the entire rvr population of Albion/Midgard and Hibernia crammed into an area the size of thidranki which is no good for both sides of the rvr divide, both the opted fg and the stealth wars.

At the moment the elitest RvR guilds are setting up these arrangements (which btw is no short of cross realming which is wrong in itself) and then have the audacity to demand that people don’t add on their fights when any idiot could for see that would happen when you have so many people in the same zone.

[16:41] <CstasY|Aw> "I dont like zergs, yet i do like 200 people in 1 zone, and i want 500 ppl in 1 zone in a few weeks"

Puts it better than I ever could I guess, basically it is how I said in the other thread, sure when the keeps are played how they are meant to be, then you will need to spend a little longer roaming around to find things to kill, but who cares.

It will spread the numbers out much more evenly as there will be more than one optional place to go rvr.

At the end of the day the game is about realm versus realm, there is no point having keeps when they are just freely handed over like they have been in the past few weeks.

Sadly most of the mids/albs/hibs who oppose this are scorned at and treated with distain by the pro irvr camp. I myself have witnessed members of Midgards own RvR Guilds insult fellow mids because they dared to take a tower back the other week to stop the onslaught of Hibs coming into Midgards back yard.

The likes of XxXxXxXXxXcalli will most likely flame this, but I couldn’t give a pair of fetid dingo kidneys about the fact. A lot of the people I have spoke to in recent days also feel the same way as I do.

/rant

MaditioN

Can't get enough of FH
when hibs had berk and mids eras, most hibs and alb fg's roamed between eras<->berk and creating a uber landscape for fg vs fg, and the zerg could match their strength with eachother between beno<->berk area, gifv again!

Litmus

Resident Freddy
its only shit if you play stealther..

try make a real char thats useful

GrivneKelmorian

Fledgling Freddie
Litmus said:

it sucks for anyone who isnt in an opted fg to be honest.

i didnt have much fun on any of my chars during this period.

Xxcalibur

One of Freddy's beloved
had good fg vs fg fights today at afternoon, this is imposible without ports.

Xxcalibur

One of Freddy's beloved
dwera only plays sb for rvr imo :/ another stealther

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
GrivneKelmorian said:

Agree :eek:

Boggy

Fledgling Freddie
I don't like the idea of people cross-realming to make this happen, and people telling me not to add are gonna be completely out of luck, but I do like the RvR it creates.

Iron Wolves don't run opted and often have nothing like a FG. We lose a lot of fights but still have a lot more fun with the instant rvr situation than we do in most other situations.

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
GrivneKelmorian said:

That place may suck for everyone who isn't in an opted group but the situation it creates rocks for everyone - those who dont play in opted group knows where they shouldn't go and bang, there is plenty of room for non-opted groups to RvR without needing to worry about opted groups :cool:

Zedenz

Can't get enough of FH
Saggy said:
That place may suck for everyone who isn't in an opted group but the situation it creates rocks for everyone - those who dont play in opted group knows where they shouldn't go and bang, there is plenty of room for non-opted groups to RvR without needing to worry about opted groups :cool:

There is not, it creates a too many cooks spoils the broth situation.

The area is way too small so every fight = instant zerg train.

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
Now if only half of the RVRing Albs and Hibs would bugger off, it would actually be possible to run around solo a bit without getting zerged. >_<

Belomar

Part of the furniture
CstasY said:
LOGIC PREVAILS!
Don't worry, logic never was Xxcalibur's strong point! Unfortunately, the same was true of most of human activities for the poor guy. :(

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Just give port for all realms in each realms RvR zones.

Or is it this attitude off:

"OMG, No group! lets whine about no RvR when all we do it give up right away"

Roadie

Fledgling Freddie
didnt like the insta rvr situation, the ppl who come off well from it are :

casters who do good dmg (and archers) - since they just sit in the zergy areas with a few of their realm mates in front of them nuking anythin that gets in range. Requires a bit of skill to stay in positions where other ppl are better targets than you but there isnt much challenge

decent fg's - who can farm the zerg to some extent and can rival/kill the other fg's who are roaming.

Sucks for :

everyone else,

if your in a small group unless you stick with "teh zerg" you just get farmed by the fg's (or you mess up their fights) and unless your a high dmg caster you cant do much in the zerg situation other than be just another body.

Soloers for the same reasons

Stealthers (who dont hide in the zerg): all the other stealthers hang around the same area and that area is regularly patrolled by full groups, the full groups who are out farm all the small groups or soloers who you might have a shot at hurting. So even if you do get a fight it will probably be interupted by fg's or the other stealthers in the area.

Never saw so much whine about adding than in the times we have had insta rvr. It normaly starts of well when its caiotic but then gets stagnent after a week or so.

Kvadi

One of Freddy's beloved
Xxcalibur said:
had good fg vs fg fights today at afternoon, this is imposible without ports.

Don't understand where this comes from.... wtf did u have in OF? You never got any good fg vs fg then because u didn't have instant ports?

Puppet

Part of the furniture
How about go somewhere else if you dont like it ?

Oh wait... there's nothing else.....But... when there's no instant-porting THERE IS NOTHING ELSE EITHER.

Yeah we can get insta-chambered during insta-lifetapping bonedancers on Brynja; while a RR5+ Dark SM (with MOC up) with 3 Brittles and a ML9 Pet up patrols in 1000 radius from the bridge... WOW THATS MUCH MORE FUN.

But wait... that's not all... we get resist-buffed (preferably 6 resists) high-RR shadowblades with DI3 bot groupstealthed to add.. Drop a end3 pot and sprint (on hastener) to add... MUCHOS FUN MEGAMEIGHTS!!!11

Basically the situation we have now at Beno is like ALL DAY RvR at Brynja... except 2 distinct differences:

a) Mids cant instaport, so muchos QQ from Mids. Albs/Hibs say FO to Brynja so the Mid-campers whine.

b) Instead of 1 realm having instant-port we have 2 realms now.

If you dont like Beno-iRvR, why not just go somewhere else and have the RvR we have with all keeps neutral...... no RvR and a fight once an hour you loose because your buffbot went LD.

If you wanted small action... Mids take a keep in Alb-frontier too and solo'ers can roam between Beno and that keep.... Instead Mids in the person of Trollum take unclaimed towers in Hib-frontier all night long.. Nobody gives a fuck about them, it serves no purpose either and in the end.... Mids get Bolg but nobody uses Bolg as the iRvR is in HW at the moment.

Live with it, or move somewhere else.

Z^^

Can't get enough of FH
Puppet said:
But wait... that's not all... we get resist-buffed (preferably 6 resists) high-RR shadowblades with DI3 bot groupstealthed to add.. Drop a end3 pot and sprint (on hastener) to add... MUCHOS FUN MEGAMEIGHTS!!!11
lol this works omfg hahaha so retarded it makes me laugh

Vilje

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:
Yeah we can get insta-chambered during insta-lifetapping bonedancers on Brynja; while a RR5+ Dark SM (with MOC up) with 3 Brittles and a ML9 Pet up patrols in 1000 radius from the bridge... WOW THATS MUCH MORE FUN.

You seem frustrated about the behavior of some solo people, so I just have to ask ..

What happens a dark sm/bd/warlock, IF he moves more than 1000 units from that bridge? (<-- That be brynja ). Or any other solo guy for that matter. Picture this happening during irvr, or regular rvr.

( oh and imo, the action doubles at brynja when albs/hibs or both take a keep closeby, compared to how it is regulary )

gohan

FH is my second home
Litmus said:

stfu fag ive played caba/arms in grp with RL m8s an its still shit

as well as being shit for my scout, must be hard for u running in ur RR8+ full ml10 grp ganking solo'er an rr3 grps /clap /clap oh to be that skilled

Zedenz

Can't get enough of FH
If the keeps are neutral puppet you get the choice of both alb and mid, atm its go alb or do nothing. With two choice places to rvr people spread out amongst the two.

Niko

Fledgling Freddie
gohan said:
stfu fag ive played caba/arms in grp with RL m8s an its still shit

as well as being shit for my scout, must be hard for u running in ur RR8+ full ml10 grp ganking solo'er an rr3 grps /clap /clap oh to be that skilled

LORDS OF ENGLAND
Gohanssj 51 Briton Scout Phoenix Knight ML6
Ziera 50 Avalonion Cabalist Gryphon Knight ML0
Inxy 50 Half-Orge Armsman Myrmidon ML2
Shasha 50 Saracen Minstrel Warder ML0
Seraphine 46 Avalonion Cleric Gaurdian ML0 Buffbot
Gohanz 4x Briton Friar Gaurdian ML0

Do I need to say more? :sex:

gohan

FH is my second home
Niko said:
LORDS OF ENGLAND
Gohanssj 51 Briton Scout Phoenix Knight ML6
Ziera 50 Avalonion Cabalist Gryphon Knight ML0
Inxy 50 Half-Orge Armsman Myrmidon ML2
Shasha 50 Saracen Minstrel Warder ML0
Seraphine 46 Avalonion Cleric Gaurdian ML0 Buffbot
Gohanz 4x Briton Friar Gaurdian ML0

Do I need to say more? :sex:

yes

Niko

Fledgling Freddie
Zedenz said:
This convenient arrangement of realms capturing and holding keeps in opposing realms in order to enforce “Instant RvR” has got to end.

At the moment RvR is basically, the entire rvr population of Albion/Midgard and Hibernia crammed into an area the size of thidranki which is no good for both sides of the rvr divide, both the opted fg and the stealth wars.

At the moment the elitest RvR guilds are setting up these arrangements (which btw is no short of cross realming which is wrong in itself) and then have the audacity to demand that people don’t add on their fights when any idiot could for see that would happen when you have so many people in the same zone.

[16:41] <CstasY|Aw> "I dont like zergs, yet i do like 200 people in 1 zone, and i want 500 ppl in 1 zone in a few weeks"

Puts it better than I ever could I guess, basically it is how I said in the other thread, sure when the keeps are played how they are meant to be, then you will need to spend a little longer roaming around to find things to kill, but who cares.

It will spread the numbers out much more evenly as there will be more than one optional place to go rvr.

At the end of the day the game is about realm versus realm, there is no point having keeps when they are just freely handed over like they have been in the past few weeks.

Sadly most of the mids/albs/hibs who oppose this are scorned at and treated with distain by the pro irvr camp. I myself have witnessed members of Midgards own RvR Guilds insult fellow mids because they dared to take a tower back the other week to stop the onslaught of Hibs coming into Midgards back yard.

The likes of XxXxXxXXxXcalli will most likely flame this, but I couldn’t give a pair of fetid dingo kidneys about the fact. A lot of the people I have spoke to in recent days also feel the same way as I do.

/rant

Nobody is forcing you to go to HW, camp brynja or smth, might be someone attacking it! :D

ev0_o

Loyal Freddie
Ive been playing this game a hell of a long time, and i can honestly say, this 'ipvp' is the most retarded thing ive ever encountered. Since there is no pvp atall apart from there, your forced to pvp there, and in 2 days, so id assume around 12-14hrs playtime, i havnt had one single fight where i havnt been added on, or killed right after.

God knows how anyone would find this fun. Ive seen FG hibs charge into the middle, fight FG albs.. then the albs camping the tower come down and add.. hibs fall back.. albs camping the bridge come and add, Thats all it is. Ive poped an infil at the tower, and 10+ albs from bridge have seen me and added.

I cant begin to fathom how people would prefer this to usual pvp, sure, it does tend to centre around brynja / beno / crauch, but hell, atleast it gives ppl the choice to pvp where they like. If you ppl with set groups ( who i rarely see at the addathon ) want a nice pvp arena, arrange it, say between xx keeps or something, And let other ppl pvp how they want.

Now my bitching is down, ill try and pre-empt some comments after..

qq stealther etc roll a real class -ok ill roll a sorc/cabby/necro, camp the bridge or tower with 20 other ppl and add on anything that passes, better?

With no ipvp its only brynja - well the zerging adding clusterfucks know where to go then :p

And last and final thing..Im not one to whine, infact it took me 3 attempts to actually write this on diff occasions, since i didnt want ppl to think less of me... but goddamn what a sucky 2 days ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom