Instanced rvr

Eva

Can't get enough of FH
the Camelot Herald said:
Instanced RvR

A common question during Catacombs’ development was whether or not Instanced RvR would be coming. We decided to focus Catacombs on PvE – but now that the expansion has launched, we’re putting together a design and starting to implement Instanced RvR. I don’t have too much to tell you about it, other than it will be a “matching service” that will find groups of like level and power in other Realms on your server (or cluster!) and put you into a dungeon-type area to RvR. We are working on different types of rulesets right now; more information will be forthcoming when Instanced RvR goes into testing.

It's quite some time untill it will hit europe (since this is still in the working), but I think Mythic finally answered to the ones who prefer smaller fights and not zerg bashing. I will definately play activly again if my friends still play when this hit europe.

Post your thoughts. :)

Edit: Bah, didn't see the other post on the subject already, close/delete this thread, please.

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
omg daoc becomes a FPS team deathmatch game (just without the skill), must be heaven for the "FG VS FG ONLY FFS!1" d00ds \o/

DavidH

Part of the furniture
This rumour has been on VNBoards for a little while. Think its suppose to be called "Dark Age of Camelot - Arena" So this will be the next free exp pack.

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
cool will we get a server list like STEAM aswell?

Scanned 285 of 285 games

GAME: Join now no QQ no BDS, GAME TYPE: FG vs FG, PLAYERS: 7/16, MAP: Emain Macha

GAME: infils suck GAME TYPE: Stealther Only, PLAYERS: 4/8, MAP: Jamtland

GAME: GER ONLY, GAME TYPE: Zerg-for-all, PLAYERS: 94/120, MAP: Snowdonia

GAME: level 50 combat is for noobs GAME TYPE: Battleground, PLAYERS: 20/20, MAP: Thidranki

uber!!1.............................................. :m00:

Ketinna

Fledgling Freddie
so cool that you have played cs before Morchaoron, i wanna be just like you! :worthy:

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
Ketinna said:
so cool that you have played cs before Morchaoron, i wanna be just like you! :worthy:

why would i play that p00p game?

never assume!

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
Will probably be something like Guildwars... lots of people gathered at the portal, make a random group and start the fight. In Guildwars you could just start while solo and let the server add you to a random group = insta action. Could be fun with two totally random/gimped groups fighting... oO

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Sounds awesome imo, exactly whats needed. DAoC will finally cater to all tastes when it comes to rvr - And i dont think large scale rvr (zerg) people need to worry that this will take players from ordinary rvr since we also get that server clustering thingy, so should be plenty of people to fight in ordinary rvr.

Win-win situation really, dont see how anyone could have anything negative to say at this stage.

Novac

Fledgling Freddie
Sounds cool imo. but really dont want daoc to be turned into CS :m00:

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
Morchaoron said:
omg daoc becomes a FPS team deathmatch game (just without the skill), must be heaven for the "FG VS FG ONLY FFS!1" d00ds \o/

I think there is more skill in Daoc Battles then in FPS Games. In FPS Games you only need to be the first who does the Headshot. xD

That sums a FPS Game up:

Jump Jump/Strafe Jump/Strafe Jump Peng > Dead > Bye

Xeanor

Fledgling Freddie
Icebreaker said:
I think there is more skill in Daoc Battles then in FPS Games. In FPS Games you only need to be the first who does the Headshot. xD

That sums a FPS Game up:

Jump Jump/Strafe Jump/Strafe Jump Peng > Dead > Bye
Seems like you know NOTHING about fps games.

And more skill in daoc battles than in fps games?.... I'm not gonna bother replying to that....

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
I guess their simular tbh.

Need to have ok reactions in both DAoC & FPS games, as well as knowledge, like knowing the map/weapons in FPS, and in DAoC of player/class/realm rank. Also predicting where people will be and go is another thing I guess.

Equendil

Fledgling Freddie
Someone email Clanbase and request a new ladder : DAoC, Capture the Keep, 8v8.

Oh, and could ask Jolt for a League too.

Now where's that Shock Rifle already #@*$%

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
Morchaoron said:
cool will we get a server list like STEAM aswell?

Scanned 285 of 285 games

GAME: Join now no QQ no BDS, GAME TYPE: FG vs FG, PLAYERS: 7/16, MAP: Emain Macha

GAME: infils suck GAME TYPE: Stealther Only, PLAYERS: 4/8, MAP: Jamtland

GAME: GER ONLY, GAME TYPE: Zerg-for-all, PLAYERS: 94/120, MAP: Snowdonia

GAME: level 50 combat is for noobs GAME TYPE: Battleground, PLAYERS: 20/20, MAP: Thidranki

uber!!1.............................................. :m00:
Thx for making me laugh :m00: :m00: :m00:

Z^^

Can't get enough of FH
Morchaoron said:
thats why u zerg around like a noob?

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Morchaoron said:
You've got your boring zergathon RvR for the "casual player" now. Fuck everyone else?

I am in awe of your maturity.

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
Icebreaker said:

you must be talking about the semi-realistic games like CS ;p (and yes one-shotting with no battles suck in every game)

Rulke said:
You've got your boring zergathon RvR for the "casual player" now. Fuck everyone else?

I am in awe of your maturity.
I had always run in FG vs FG l33t d00d groups until somewhere in rr7 (then i quit cuz of boredom), so what it your point really?

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
Z^^ said:
thats why u zerg around like a noob?

name one single time/situation/location where you've seen me zerging please...

ofcourse you cant but you just didnt like the term 'fg vs fg d00ds'

Buffer

Fledgling Freddie
Equendil said:
DAoC, Capture the Keep, 8v8.

Actually thats not a bad idea, a Capture the Flag game. storm the keep, get the flag back to your keep/pk in bg.Of course would have to be under a sensible ruleset. Oh wait they are called relics.
Seriously tho it could work, as a fun element in game.

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Morchaoron said:
I had always run in FG vs FG l33t d00d groups until somewhere in rr7 (then i quit cuz of boredom), so what it your point really?
Ah right, you got bored so obviously others cant enjoy it.

Xeanor

Fledgling Freddie
Jaem- said:
I guess their simular tbh.

Need to have ok reactions in both DAoC & FPS games, as well as knowledge, like knowing the map/weapons in FPS, and in DAoC of player/class/realm rank. Also predicting where people will be and go is another thing I guess.
Try playing fps games with the directional buttons... yes people who do that have gotten to rr11, you wont see them kill anything in an FPS game.

Also, aim is 100000000000000000x harder than the daoc "nearest target" button. (can get a savage to rr11 like that)

Theodoric

One of Freddy's beloved
Well from what i can make of that it will pretty uber . DAoC will cater for all , you wanna 8v8 or you wanna zerg

Also seems to me it will stop the gank grps for insta killing less experienced grps

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
Xeanor said:
And more skill in daoc battles than in fps games?.... I'm not gonna bother replying to that....
Depends on fps-game of course :cool: Saying Daoc doesn't require skill is a good point up to some degree - you can be below avarage player and get your character maxed in exp/RPs/whatever. Does that mean Daoc requires no skill? Hell no, I've seen plenty of better players than me or you for example - skill is always included when you can say that ;o

FPS-games and Daoc are two different things - both requires skill in their own way and by mastering one of them doesn't automatically mean you'll master the other one too ;o

Xeanor

Fledgling Freddie
Saggy said:
Depends on fps-game of course :cool: Saying Daoc doesn't require skill is a good point up to some degree - you can be below avarage player and get your character maxed in exp/RPs/whatever. Does that mean Daoc requires no skill? Hell no, I've seen plenty of better players than me or you for example - skill is always included when you can say that ;o

FPS-games and Daoc are two different things - both requires skill in their own way and by mastering one of them doesn't automatically mean you'll master the other one too ;o
And where did I say daoc requires NO skill?

Daoc sure requires skill, it's just that there isn't a "best daoc player", for example. There's a world champion UT2004, there's a world champion Halo, but there is no champion in daoc or anything, it's not possible, the measurement of skill in daoc only goes up to a certain degree, and most of the times you don't need exceptional skills to get realm points, you just stick or face, and nuke or use styles, there sure is more to it than that too, (knowing what classes enemies are, counter their tactics, good insight, etc.) but having all those things doesn't improve much of your "rps income".

Take for example, the Fatal1ty guy on the Great China Shooutout, everyone could challenge him in Doom3 Deathmatch and the one who would beat him wins 120.000 $ (serious), it took 80 matches until he was defeated. Now, there's no "undefeated" players or anything in daoc, if you're good you won't always win, you can't be the best, as you will always be able to lose quite easily.

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
Xeanor said:
And where did I say daoc requires NO skill?
You didn't say that, Morch did. I wasn't quoting anyone saying it though, just said my opinion about something that had been mentioned in this thread. Wasn't said clearly enough, sorry ("Saying Daoc... <- as talking in general and the point being that both Daoc and FPS-games requires pretty much the same amount of skill).

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
Xeanor said:
Daoc sure requires skill, it's just that there isn't a "best daoc player", for example. There's a world champion UT2004, there's a world champion Halo, but there is no champion in daoc or anything, it's not possible, the measurement of skill in daoc only goes up to a certain degree, and most of the times you don't need exceptional skills to get realm points, you just stick or face, and nuke or use styles, there sure is more to it than that too, (knowing what classes enemies are, counter their tactics, good insight, etc.) but having all those things doesn't improve much of your "rps income".
Just because its harder to prove someone is the best in a game, doesnt mean that game requires less skill to play though.

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
Saggy said:
You didn't say that, Morch did.

i said it would be a FPS just without the skill, what you say is not what i said :/

to get back where i started:
isnt this iRvR the thing which all of you 'fg vs fg only lovers' (to not annoy anyone this time) wanted?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom