Installed 1.80 over Cata, still lots to patch??

Oysterboy

Fledgling Freddie
Downloaded the 1.80 patch a few days ago, and an hour or so ago I installed it.

Then I started DAoC and it started to download quite a lot of new files. First about 18 MB, and now it's about 60 MB more to download...
Is this normal?

Download is real slow too, about 5-10 kB/sec.

:confused:

[GOA]Erivoss

[GOA] Official type person
The 18MB is normal for Catacombs if you installed the patch.

The 60MB seems to be an optional download that you didn't have before - maybe Tutorial or NewTowns?

Dest

Fledgling Freddie
Same problem...

If its optional... why are we downloading it then?

Oysterboy

Fledgling Freddie
Ah, the big patch is probably New Towns & Tutorial then.

Thanks Erivoss.

:)

[GOA]Erivoss

[GOA] Official type person
Dest said:
Same problem...

If its optional... why are we downloading it then?

Because we try as much as possible to make people download these as they are actually quite good and "game enhancing". For example in the Darkness Rising client and the New Atlantis clients - these "optional" downloads aren't actually optional anymore and will get downloaded regardless.

Anyway, if you really don't want them (and you're using Catacombs) you can stop the download and simply delete the folders (Tutorial for the tutorials and NewTowns for the new town graphics). It shouldn't force you to download them. If you're using the Atlantis client then the only "optional" download you have is Frontiers and again, you can delete that if you really want.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Zardoz said:
BAH!, I find this out at 85% complete :(

Trust me, the "optional" content is well worth a couple hours (if you are on a slow connection) extra download tbh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom