<Insert flame regarding GOA's connection provider here>

S

Spudgie

:flame: kak :flame:

maybe you french need a lesson in comms eng.

H

Hulbur

:flame:

Ill give that a flame! Hell ill even give it 2.
:flame: :flame:

O

old.Xarr

i have better ping from the us servers when downloading patches and playing than the european. and i live in norway, which last i checked, is in europe. 'nuff said ;p

S

SFXman

and that connection provider is Wanadoo... but why have I started to suffer ONLY after 1.48, pre-1.48 I had a great connection 24/7 and now I am getting huge PL?! I mean WTF!

2up.gif

D

danskmacabre

Since last night it was better.
At least better than the night before anyway.

That's not a bad response time of fixing a problem to what was probably a hardware problem AFAIK...

:)

D

danskmacabre

Originally posted by SFXman
Last day it was total butt.

do you mean last night? or yesterday in the afternoon?

My time is GMT+1 (euro standard)
I was online from Denmark from about 4:30pm and it was pretty good. and was ok while I was online (until around midnight)..

(Excalibur, Albion).

S

SFXman

I was on at maybe around 16:00 +2 GMT for an hour or two and the packet loss was horrible, usually my perf meter shows all green but lately the PL has been red for longer periods of time and I do not like it :)

A

Alrindel

I don't have any latency issues and my ping to GOA's servers is amazing... except when it suddenly drops for no apparent reason and I go LD. I've been averaging 2 linkdeads a night now for the past couple of weeks. Very frustrating.

GOA's home page says they are aware of the problem and are working on tracking it down. Let's hope they get it sorted quickly... bad server connection means quick death to MMORPGs. I can live with slow patching and updating, I can live without real-time CSRs and a PVP server (for now :) ) but if I can't reliably play I won't pay.
On a side note, we are aware of router problems on Sunday and Monday evenings (causing lots of disconnection for German and English players). I will bring you more news as they come.

O

old.Tbird

http://www.theinquirer.net/01070215.htm

I'd suggest people read this link before calling GOA too many names, and to those pinging the US better than Euro dont get too confident as Worldcom are up for billions of $ of mis-accounting and they control a huge amount of the transatlantic pipe.

S

SFXman

Interesting and this shed light on a problem I have been having... could very possibly have something to do with it...

B

Brannor McThife

OMG at 100 packet loss...
No you schmuck! They've switched those routers off! :p

That's Frankfurt, London, Paris and Stockholm. All short one major router...

-G

S

SFXman

I see, guess that explains a ping of 0... eh... eh... but it looks bad :p

D

dittytwo

I see, guess that explains a ping of 0... eh... eh... but it looks bad :p

looks like the rest of the routers will be handeling the traffic========= LAG LAG LAG

Sniff the poor internet

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom