<insert class> sucks after lvl40

Tapper

Fledgling Freddie
I'm seeing alot of whining about classes being useless after lvl40 compared to other classes on the official forums. More specifically I am interested in being a Nightelf Druid, since all my other friends are insisting on going Alliance. Has anybody here got any comments on Druids being wet flanels after lvl40 or should i just dismiss the people who want every game ever created "nerfed".

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Ignore at least half of the people saying shit about X class on blizz forums tbh... yanks dont have a fuckin clue

Nugusta

One of Freddy's beloved
Tapper said:
I'm seeing alot of whining about classes being useless after lvl40 compared to other classes on the official forums. More specifically I am interested in being a Nightelf Druid, since all my other friends are insisting on going Alliance. Has anybody here got any comments on Druids being wet flanels after lvl40 or should i just dismiss the people who want every game ever created "nerfed".

Why nightelf? Just wondering btw :)

Fedaykin

Fledgling Freddie
LordjOX said:
Ignore at least half of the people saying shit about X class on blizz forums tbh... yanks dont have a fuckin clue

seconded.

Ignore 90% of all american boards, they all expect to be able to beat every other class anytime, and when they realise that they can't they scream nerf...

i don't think they understand the concept of balance

Tapper

Fledgling Freddie
well I don't have anything against Taurans, its just most of my RL friends will being going alliance, and I quite liked the idea of being a druid... that only really leaves me with 1 choice, Nightelf.

Slatelighttone

Fledgling Freddie
Think the Druids just got a little boost to their armour for Bear and Dire Bear forms. Go with what you want to play.

slate.jpg

Poon

One of Freddy's beloved
Druids are pretty shit after 40 yes, its because at this lvl hunters and shammys move up to chain while druids are stuck on leather, yes bear armour has been boosted but bear form is not any use in PVP and youll find yourself in caster form most of the time with the odd change to avoid poly or break root (actually works in the latest patch)

But dont get me wrong druids have their uses and maybe shit is too strong a word, lets just say they could do with a self armour buff for caster form to take the edge off melee a little, i enjoyed my Druid on the US alot though so i think it would be worth leveling one if your interested and then having it a little hard untill they get abit of a boost as the class gives you a true taste of everything, taste of what its like being a warrior, some rogue, and healing and dd's.

hope that helps

AhoyHoy

Fledgling Freddie
Cat mode isnt bad for PvP tho, just a slighty less effective rogue.

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
Think of a Druid as WoW version of a Daoc's Minstral

Jack of all trades master of none. Can be very powerfull if played right, crap if its not.

Spix

Fledgling Freddie
dismiss IMO.

Too much people seem to know alot about the game and open their mouth even more.
Was listening to a conversation in /1 about a guy who asked what class was best etc and some lvl5 was agressivly claiming that rogues are shit in groups and only ok as solo char and hunters was the worst class, warriors was utterly crap, and that was the truth and only truth since he had read it on some board, so rumors can easy be started and spread out.
I must say if you like a class, play it no matter what the US people or others say, it only gets better thats for sure, even if some classes like hunters get a "huge" boost when getting access to Chain.
It took over a year before people oversea realized that a group with 1+ primary healer in a pvp group is a must in Daoc (same in europe ofc) or people was laughing at savages when they got introduced, but when the first lvl50 was showing their skills everyone rolled one. And it took very long before debuff nuking got fotm even if it has been there for a long time.

Remember, play to have fun.

Sh33p

Fledgling Freddie
Spix said:
dismiss IMO.
Was listening to a conversation in /1 about a guy who asked what class was best etc and some lvl5 was agressivly claiming that rogues are shit in groups and only ok as solo char and hunters was the worst class, warriors was utterly crap, and that was the truth and only truth since he had read it on some board, so rumors can easy be started and spread out.

That's about right tbh :)

Rogues are next to useless in 5 man instance groups at high level.

Hunters are fast solo but even more useless in groups than Rogues are.

Warriors can be pretty strong in group PvP situations but you won't be winning any duels, without a priest to back them up they drop easily to most classes.

Picking a class you enjoy is part of it but with the current class balance Rogues/Hunters/ will really struggle to get in groups.

Druids do ok because you don't steal loot from anyone else and they're by far the minority class usually but people will always take a priest over you in a 5man.

Shamans are overpowered up to 40, ghost wolf and frost shock dominate the contested zones for 20 levels; after that your dps won't come anywhere close to rogue/mage and you're basically reduced to a back up healer in groups, forget meleeing much and shocking at all in high level instances.

I'd say Warriors/Mages/Priests to an extent get better post-40.
Shamans/Paladins/Hunters get worse.

Sanzor

Fledgling Freddie
Sh33p said:
Warriors can be pretty strong in group PvP situations but you won't be winning any duels, without a priest to back them up they drop easily to most classes.

Again your wrong. Have you even played the class!?!
It depends on how you play it. Its difficult vs some and easy vs some.

Sh33p

Fledgling Freddie
Sanzor said:
Again your wrong. Have you even played the class!?!
It depends on how you play it. Its difficult vs some and easy vs some.

I'm talking about at level 60, I spent weeks just sitting around Kargath waiting for raids at 60 dueling and watching duels so I think I have a fair idea :)

Mage/Priest/Shaman destroy warriors; it's a no brainer, Rogues in practice have a good chance if they get their cheapshots etc. in, can't say I've seen many 'locks duel warrs, they have semi decent fear resists in zerk form so they might do ok, locks are generally one of the strongest 1v1 classes though.

In group PvP it's different but I've already pointed that out.

tsaxpinoula

Fledgling Freddie
LordjOX said:

:clap:

play the class you like the most imo.and remember that when thanes in daoc were crap montarloo got rr11 with his thane :cheers:
i think that playing a class you like will make you more effective cause you r gonna love it ;)

Zenith

Part of the furniture
I would say Priest is one of the best 1on1 chars.. They can have a hard time vs rogues, but they will rock vs most classes.

Garax

Fledgling Freddie
Sh33p said:
Rogues are next to useless in 5 man instance groups at high level.

All i can say is you must have been playing with useless rogues. You just need a warrior to hold aggro and the rogue can dish out some serious damage over time, stack up the deadly poisons and 5 point ruptures.

I have been in a priest/mage/warrior/paladin/rogue group many times, and i can assure you it works fine.

At level 48 i can safely take on an even level elite mob solo as long as i have evade buff up (may need a healing pot just to be 100% certain).

Vantros of the Delerium

Fledgling Freddie
i played a priest in eu beta and im playing it in retail too, and as i have said on daoc forums before its not the class its the player behind it.. i have killed people 4-5 lvls above me and yet had trouble with someone a lvl or 2 lower cos they have a clue... (on PvE server but its amazeing how much PvP goes on there tbh)

Heres a healers point of view.. i love palas and warriors cos they last i can actually get a heal into them (heals take 3 seconds to cast for the big ones), rogues and hunters can work just as well if played properly and thier strong points put to good use. The only class i have had problems keeping alive is a mage, if theres no warrior in group, cos simply they hit very hard and without me useing mind blast to take aggro they are stuck with it.

The fact is all the classes are superb and all have thier strong points but all are useless if the person playing them sucks donkey balls..

I would defo agree that a priest played well is one of the most powerful classes about especially in 1V1 or even 1V2 fights.. mind control and chargeing the poor lad off a cliff works a treat :kissit:

Sh33p

Fledgling Freddie
Garax said:
All i can say is you must have been playing with useless rogues. You just need a warrior to hold aggro and the rogue can dish out some serious damage over time, stack up the deadly poisons and 5 point ruptures.

I have been in a priest/mage/warrior/paladin/rogue group many times, and i can assure you it works fine.

At level 48 i can safely take on an even level elite mob solo as long as i have evade buff up (may need a healing pot just to be 100% certain).

Hehe, wait till scholomance/stratholme/ubrs and see how useful you feel :)

[TB] Benedictine

Fledgling Freddie
Vantros of the Delerium said:
i played a priest in eu beta and im playing it in retail too, and as i have said on daoc forums before its not the class its the player behind it.. i have killed people 4-5 lvls above me and yet had trouble with someone a lvl or 2 lower cos they have a clue... (on PvE server but its amazeing how much PvP goes on there tbh)
I would defo agree that a priest played well is one of the most powerful classes about especially in 1V1 or even 1V2 fights.. mind control and chargeing the poor lad off a cliff works a treat :kissit:

That is very situational ;) I heard so much about mind control - tried it on a few lowbies and it broke so often I couldn't even drown one in the nearby pond.

Vantros of the Delerium

Fledgling Freddie
never had it break on me tbh even if they where a lvl or 2 higher than me.. but i think it has something to do with you intel also.. if its high then it will stick better etc

Z^^

Can't get enough of FH
I heard of someone grouping with a rogue in valing caverns(level20+) and he had his 1.5dps offhand axe you get @10 in the store.. so what for optimal groups rogues might not be the first pick but played right with decent gear vs a priest who can't play you would pick the rather take the rogue then no healer.

lewskie

Fledgling Freddie
seems that a lot of the warriors i'v emet and grouped with up to 40+ in beta didnt have a clue what half their moves did and what the taunt button was. i as a mage was constantly getting the aggro luckily for the group i knew where my frost nova or sheep button was :p. but i think thats the main problem with these groups half the warriors dont have a bloody clue about their class and just play them to do some uber damage with cool weapons without caring about the group. personally im going warrior in release and im always gonna have a shield with me so i can hold aggro; and imho with a warrior holding aggro a rogue is a near must in group simply because of their dps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom