Insane amount of mid/hib latenight activity

Docs

Fledgling Freddie
Is it just me or are all you guys free from work/school or something?

The last two days have showed lots and lots of mid/hib activity.
Almost emty on early sunday and then after 10 PM there are mids and hibs
everywhere, and from what I hear keeptakes till 5 AM.

Something that also pussles me is that all of a sudden we got loads of mids/hibs
where as just before christmas you were not this numerous at all.

What is the occation? :touch:

You are keeping me up way to late every night and I need my beauty sleep.
Im about to fall asleep at my desk here...

Kalba

Can't get enough of FH
Christmas break aint over yet methinks :(

orbin

Fledgling Freddie
Maybe its because we meet less albs at those hours! ;)

Votan

Fledgling Freddie
orbin said:
Maybe its because we meet less albs at those hours! ;)

Riiiight and thats why certain mid groups sack a tower without killing the lord and wait for inc albs ;)

Skilgannon

Fledgling Freddie
Simple.

Most people who work have to go to bed early but schools/nurserys are still on holiday.

Thats why there are fewer Albs and shitloads Mids/Hibs late at night.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Havent really played alot at all lately, but when i play i seldom venture into rvr before 10pm for the reason that its less zergy overall (albs, mids and hibs) later in the evening/night. Also, my sleepcycle is completly fucked up so im often on at silly hours (f.ex today i went up at 10pm). I did solo back a tower in mid from albs at 4.30am the other night, because there was nothing else going on :)

But yes, as Orbin said, i do think a significant number of mids/hibs try to scheduale their rvr activities alil later than peak times to get away from the massive albzergs, and the zergs of their homerealms that oppose them, that rule the lands at peak. Then again, im pretty sure alot of albs do the same.

Mysst

Fledgling Freddie
Votan said:
Riiiight and thats why certain mid groups sack a tower without killing the lord and wait for inc albs ;)

Haha! Sadly I was there! :D Took us about 2 hours to kill that stupid npc. Kept wiping out.

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
had free yesterday yes =) , not now tho ... bored!!111111111111111

QQ =/

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Offpeak is the only time to play unless you enjoy being zerged by 100 schoolkids shouting 'for Arthurr!!1111'.

I think its really hard for some albs to understand this, but its just not enjoyable to play at times when albion can summon more people to defend/attack insignificant towers than our realm has lvl 50s online.
Its a lot more fun to attack something significant like a keep when populations on all sides are low.

skunksmoka

Fledgling Freddie
peak time albs bring more seige than hibs have lvl 50s it seems like :)

Tiarta

Fledgling Freddie
well yesterday night hibs ran around with 4 fg hibs together and hit Boldiam and erasleigh keeps (most of them rr8+) at 3 am.

albs had 141 online and i think kagato said we had 50 lvl 50's online in total, its ok vengeance is back and zerging but is it really nessecary to zerg at that hour? :p

at that hour we are having problems even getting 1 balanced group together (some classes are impossible to find)

well nvm me - its a 24/7 game - but i doubt its fun killing npc guards and solo albs (but i could be wrong)

Asq

Fledgling Freddie
Skilgannon said:
Simple.

Most people who work have to go to bed early but schools/nurserys are still on holiday.

Thats why there are fewer Albs and shitloads Mids/Hibs late at night.
That would mean a 180 degrees change in population over 2 months... not very likely methinks :p

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Tiarta said:
well yesterday night hibs ran around with 4 fg hibs together and hit Boldiam and erasleigh keeps (most of them rr8+) at 3 am.

I wasnt on last night, but I got a feeling you need both a list of realm ranks and what they are called so you can identify rr8 hibs and perhaps a calculator so you can count the large numbers greater than 10.

141 albs online and you couldnt make a fg, jeez I fucking cry for albion.

Docs

Fledgling Freddie
Boni said:
Offpeak is the only time to play unless you enjoy being zerged by 100 schoolkids shouting 'for Arthurr!!1111'.

I think its really hard for some albs to understand this, but its just not enjoyable to play at times when albion can summon more people to defend/attack insignificant towers than our realm has lvl 50s online.
Its a lot more fun to attack something significant like a keep when populations on all sides are low.

This is somewhat the point of my post, yesterday we had lots of hibs at beno docks, bold was a complete mess, bold t3 was a trap and we also had roaming mids and hibs inbetween eras/surs/bold.

I know I played crap and got killed a few times due to lack of attention, but
when I go out in a duo/trio after 11pm and get killed by FGs, 2FGs and even more something unusual is happening.
It was not just that I got killed by a FG, it was the thing
that another FG would run by me within 30 secs of the first grp killing me.
There were lots of groups and ppl roaming all over the place.

Usually its fine to duo or trio at those hours but yesterday it was impossible.
There were just to many adds and stuff all over the place.

Thats why I asked if theres something special going on, and apparantly
we got lots of ppl who are still on christmas leave.

Id like to hear from a mid or a hib about last night, was it just me or were there lots of mids and hibs in albland?

Ohh, and Boni drop that schoolkid/arthur stuff please, last night I actually think albs were outnumbered.

Tiarta

Fledgling Freddie
Boni said:
I wasnt on last night, but I got a feeling you need both a list of realm ranks and what they are called so you can identify rr8 hibs and perhaps a calculator so you can count the large numbers greater than 10.

no need to be rude Boni, ive been playing this game since beta and i perfectly well know a fg when i see one and a high rr also.

you shouldnt even be commenting when you werent online last night.

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Tiarta said:
no need to be rude Boni, ive been playing this game since beta and i perfectly well know a fg when i see one and a high rr also.

you shouldnt even be commenting when you werent online last night.

I didnt like your exagerations. I dont have to be online to know your figures where not the truth, as I know that hib hardly has 2fg of active rr8 characters even if they did all decided to log on last night and go keep taking together which I very much doubt. More likely you bumped into the usual late night vengeance ninja raid featuring about 2fg of very varied realm ranks.

Slipurson

Fledgling Freddie
i think it is that simple as ppl say that mids and hibs are well tired of the amount of albs that is all over all the time..

its like:

"Ooh look albs are on glenlock and they are around 100, lets go take a tower in albion"
Get to albion and hit the door on a tower and suddenly there is another 100 albs swarming the tower (well 50-60 atleast)

it is a fact that albs have more population and therefore have learned to play "zergy" and i am sure that there are many mids and hibs that like it when they have the upper hand in numbers and kill all in sight at occasions, (aswell as there are many albs that i am sure of dont wanna run in zergs, only look at alb stealthers they only run in FGs ;) ) but it cant be that fun in the long run, so therefore now around hollidays and weekends we (mids) try to gather a bunch of ppl and go have some fun.. grab a keep and try farm some and when more ppl see that some are doin well more and more will join in and suddenly u have a small zerg :)

only my two cents... now back to work :(

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Smilewhenyousaythat said:
hibs/mids love the challenge of fighting npc guards.

When school starts up they'll be back in bed earlier.

npc guards dont zerg, and if you meet them in small numbers they put up a better fight too ;)

Votan

Fledgling Freddie
Mysst said:
Haha! Sadly I was there! :D Took us about 2 hours to kill that stupid npc. Kept wiping out.

I was where too watching the mids do a very nice impression of an ant heap in heat :D Fell over laughing more then once.. only to realise that scouts dont have safe_fall :eek7:

Docs

Fledgling Freddie
Thats not impossible Slip, but still. Im surprised at the numbers in our frontier lastnight. I saw numbers I havent seen since the early days of NF.
And it felt like we were less albs than usual, I tried to have a last few runs with two friends but we were hopelessly killed all the time whereas the same
setup usually work just fine at that hour.

Tiarta

Fledgling Freddie
hmm when you talk about population issues.

(info takes from this thread) - https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=42674&highlight=population+excalibur

Excalibur
Alb - 3849 Chars 39.9%
Hib - 2363 Chars 24.5%
Mid - 3420 Chars 35.5%

if you take this info it seems we have 15 % more than hibs and 5 % more than mids.

am i wrong by saying that if hibs have 100 ppl out in rvr that mids would have 110 ppl out in rvr and albs would have 115 ?

polza

Loyal Freddie
Docs said:
Thats not impossible Slip, but still. Im surprised at the numbers in our frontier lastnight. I saw numbers I havent seen since the early days of NF.

Maybe cause u woke us up from pve by attackin crim?

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
Boni said:

dont be harsh on us - over 50% albs are fotm scouts :) -all looking to 'tag' the enemy then hide until their rp's roll in

yes its crap getting 21rps for a kill :( :(

Emergency Roma

Fledgling Freddie
Smilewhenyousaythat said:
hibs/mids love the challenge of fighting npc guards.

When school starts up they'll be back in bed earlier.

Yes, ofc......

I Smilewhenireadthat :m00:

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Tiarta said:
[/url]

Excalibur
Alb - 3849 Chars 39.9%
Hib - 2363 Chars 24.5%
Mid - 3420 Chars 35.5%

if you take this info it seems we have 15 % more than hibs and 5 % more than mids.

am i wrong by saying that if hibs have 100 ppl out in rvr that mids would have 110 ppl out in rvr and albs would have 115 ?

Yes you would be doing the math wrong - if hibs had 100 online it would mean that there was alil less than 400 people total online since hibs have 24.5% of the total population (24.5% of 400 = roughly 100), meaning albs would be roughly 160 and mids 140.

Tiarta

Fledgling Freddie
Fana said:
Yes you would be doing the math wrong - if hibs had 100 online it would mean that there was alil less than 400 people total online since hibs have 24.5% of the total population (24.5% of 400 = roughly 100), meaning albs would be roughly 160 and mids 140.

you were right with your calculations.

mids and albs nearly equal and hibs are somewhat underdogs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom