injuries/fears?

Amphrax

Part of the furniture
I'm really board at work so I thought about this as a topic :) Ok i'll say all my injuries/fears and how they happened and then its your turn to follow...

Injuries in order :)

When I was 8 I was around my mates house playing football in the back garden with a tennis ball and we some how kicked it over into next doors garden. I was looking over into next doors garden with my arms folded hanging over the fence when I had an alsation bite my right Arm.

When I was 11 my brother and myself were arguing before our journey into school. So as our tempers got worse as the morning went on I punched my front door and back then we had a huge glass window. After the glass window smashing I kept on apologising because I broke the window not realising I actually hurt myself. After looking down at my hand see'ing abit of my hand missing I thought this is really hurting and cried as you do when your young hehe :) 7 stitches in the end :)

My mate and myself went to quazer (what a game that was)... my mate decided to run up these concrete stairs really fast and I thought I could do that but trying to miss 1 step at a time hehe :) my bad... after running up these stairs my foot got caught as I was running up them and SMACK my chin hit the corner of the concrete steps... 4 stitches :)

When I was at college 17 years of age... I tried to be clever infront of my mates by taking a long run and jumping down these wooden steps... but I jumped too early and my right foot got caught on the last 2 steps and went 90 degrees and I heard a SNAP (by god that hurt). I hobbled into the tutors office and she told me to get out coz she was with som1, so as she told me to get out (I know I'm stupid blah blah blah) I never went to the hospital. 2 weeks later I thought my ankle was fine so I played football and 30 mins of playing my right foot went into a small ditch in the grass and it went 90 degrees again. I thought OK maybe I should stop playing... 2 months later I tried playing football again and exactly 30 mins later the same thing happened...small ditch in the ground... foot went 90 degrees again... that really hurt. Ever since then I stopped running/sports etc...

I think thats all my injuries from what I can remember hehe :)

Ok Fears :)

I think my worst fear is Heights and I never really knew how or why I was scared until not long ago I was speaking to my mum after 28 odd years of not seeing her. She told me that when I was young (4 years of age) I was playing in my room and I was calling her. She opened the bedroom door to find that I was hanging outside the window with my foot caught on the window latch (some how) and we were 3-4 stories high, so if I had fallen I would of died. My mum said to me that she would never have forgotten my face as I was really scared... So I think from that day I was scared of heights, which kinda make sense to be honest (I can honestly say I do not remember this).

Spiders???? again I really dont know why I hate spiders, yes even the house spiders!!! I know the house spiders wont hurt you but I just cant explain it...

I have a strange fear of the Sea... I can get in a boat ofcourse but I will never actually go into the Sea itself... again something I cant explain... I'm not sure if its something to do with watching JAWS (I know sounds silly) or a fear of drowning.

Sorry for rabbiting on :) ... YOUR TURN!!!

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
Not had any major injuries, except an extremely bad burn to my hand. You know in eletric ovens, they have an electric element for the grill? Well I touched it by mistake with the back of my hand when it had been on the highest temperature for 10 minutes. Skin went white instantly, and had burnt bits.

I have conquered by worst fears. I was always scared of needles and giving blood. Last year I had to have a lumbar puncture, which is as bad as it gets on the scale of 1 - to fuck off with that needle you twat. Since then Ive become a blood donor. Was also scared of roller coasters (who isnt though?) so I went to a theme park last year and went on all the coasters.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Injuries -

I steamed my foreksin with a hot iron while ironing naked. I was not a happy bunny.

While I worked at Dixons after school.

Punched through a TV box when I worked at dixons and broke a few knuckles on the screen of the TV.

I also fell 15 feet backwards and landed on a 14" boxed tv, I got whiplashed over both sides of the box, I was perfectly fine, but the screen has shattered and burst out of the plastic.

I Had a cage half full with crhistmas catalogues fall on my leg bending it in directions I did not think were possible again I walked away with a minor ankle strain and was back at work after 45 minutes in the hospital hobbling around (oh the joys of working for £2.58 an hour) :p

Fears -

Non really, I keep telling myself and anyone that wants to hear of my fear of needles, but when I need to have them done, dentist, hospital I just do it, I think it's a defence mechanism just incase it hurst or something :p

Death!!! Although I don't think I fear it, emotionally I fear how I could possibly live without seeing my daughter everyday and her making me laugh (which is strange cause I'd be dead anyway :p ).

I am scared that something happens to me and because she is so young she would never truly know how much I love her and how happy just watching her sleep makes me feel on a day to day basis. Keeping on my daughter since she is born I am scared of anything happening to her, I don't think I am a strong enough person to allow anyone to pyshically hurt her without getting myself in trouble.

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
Injuries : I made Togsy a bit ill trying explain what happened to me at football hehe.

http://d.yimg.com/i/ng/sp/empics/20...fulham-v-manchester-united-craven-cottage.jpghttp://d.yimg.com/i/ng/sp/empics/20...fulham-v-manchester-united-craven-cottage.jpg

Pic is to help explain

I went in for a slide tack on a huge geezer a bit like the bobby zamora pic above. BUT my left hand palm was facing to the sky. So I went right through this guy and he went flying in the air and landed on me. And my arm when flat out behind me with palm still facing the sky :( And basically him falling on my shoulder dislocated it and popped it right out ...then he hit the ground ontop of my arm and broke it to really high up so I couldnt have a cast on it either. Also my arm went back together at a weird angle. So at the hospital they wanted to Pull it apart again ! and then put it back together in a straight line lol.
Straight after the tackle I could see my shoulder sticking out under the shirt and it did not look pretty.

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Fears? Meh.

Injuries?
33 broken bones to date not counting fingers and toes (56/57 if you do and depending on what you count as a break). 2/3 of those are Martial arts related though so not accidents i guess.

The best of them was a triple compound fracture that left my ankle bone almost 12 inches outside my leg complete with a severed artery and 2 major veins! Accident on a bike :)

Dislocated shoulder that put my shoulder ball almost 6 inches out of the socket.

Breaking 5/8 of my fingers aged 14 when someone slammed the piano lid down on me when i was playing the piano in music class weirdly hurt more than both of the above though!

Ezteq

Queen of OT
i have a fear of an injury so im going to say that because if i listed all my injuries i'd be here till i died of old age.

I have this huge fear of getting my teeth broken, especially the front ones. B2 is the same he has bad dreams about it sometimes.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
Injuries: nothing really.
Fears: Spiders and getting my wrists cut.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
lol where do i begin...

between ages of 5-9 I did so many stupid things i was in hospital every two weeks on average and the staff in Rigshospitalets A&E knew me on sight :(

heres some of the more stupid things;

I had a competition with my friend to see who could hold a vitamin tablet under our noses longest by sucking in air through our nose... so, rather predictably i ended up with a massive multivitamin tablet stuck up my nose and had to go to A&E to get it pulled out...

with the same friend incidently, he dared me to put my head between the branches of this tree and see how big my head really was... typically my head then got stuck and i had to be wedged out (they subsequently cut down one of the branches to stop other stupid children)

in school when i was about 9 or 10 i was sitting on a giant iron ladder (it was ancient) the was lying on its side and had been there pretty much since i could remember as we always used to sit on it... typically one day too many of us sat on it, it fell over, everyone else jumped clear and the whole weight of it fell on my ankle (which despite being ok'd at A&E swelled up massively and still clicks and occasionally hurts to this day)

after this i didnt do anything too dumb for a while, not until i was about 18, when after a heavy party i decided to ride a tiny BMX through my friends house, out the front door and hit the curb fell off, broke my left wrist and impaled the handlebar through my right elbow (im 6ft7 riding BMXs is hazardous at the best of times :p )

phew nearly done...

shortly after recovering from my broken wrist my right lung collapsed (which hurt like hell), was just walking through Waterloo station in london when bam it hit me, pretty much collapsed then and there, dragged myself up to the medical centre where they said i could see a doctor or they could call an ambulance but it would cost me £60, so being a cheapskate i told them to go stuff themselves and went out and called them myself before collapsing on the floor barely staying conscious until the ambulance arrived, it was rush hour so hundreds of people passed me lying there and not a single person stopped to help o_O

<deep breath>

about 8 months later i broke my right thumb playing Lacrosse, unfortunatly no random story attached there...

about 3 weeks after i had recovered from my thumb i had pericarditis (google it) which is quite unpleasant and meant i couldnt really do much for a good month and a half...

and finally after finally getting back in the game, i got ITB syndrome (which i made worse by not getting checked out) so was limping about for 3 months with a pain in my hip and leg..

so, since october 2006 ive pretty much been in and out of hospital hehe but im all good now!! <touch wood> (too often hurhurhur)

and thats my story of injuries

well not completely, not really an injury but i had scabies while at uni and i am now terrified any time i have an itch on my leg, stomach or around my wrists, that is possibly the most maddening thing i have ever experienced :p

now for those of you who managed to read all that well done, to those who've skipped to this part, well done!

edit oh and i forgot to mention the time i got mugged and punched 3 times in the face with a knuckleduster (i could have written the book on "What Not to Say to an Angry Chav who is Mugging You at 4AM when You Can Barely Walk") but thats a different story altogether hah

tris-

What MA do you do, Binary?
My worst injury so far in MA was when I ran along a wall, jump kicked off and landed on a straight leg. Think I chipped some cartlidge or some shit out of it, doctor got me cycling though and it fixed it!

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Injuries: Not really an injury as such, but I've been operated 3 times in my stomach within 24months.. Everytime it has been acute, but the first time they had no idea wtf it was so from when the pain and vomiting started till I actually got into the OR 24 hours had passed! Thankfully I was shit high from morphine which is a wonderful drug and no matter what you say about me being a junkie I fucking love that shit

fears: Don't have any fears about myself or my body, but the worst thing that could ever happen to me would be losing my older brother in combat in Afghanistan, which is something I seriously fear! Didn't have a good nights sleep the entire time he was gone and everytime the phone rang I didn't want to pick it up nor when the doorbell went off

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
injuries: I've broken all the bones in my hands, a foot, a collarbone, ribs, and lastly and worst, I very badly broke my leg, needing an emergency operation and titanium rods in my leg for over a year. One is still in there. I still walk with a limp and will prolly do so for the rest of my life.

fears: I have a fascination/fear of sharks to the point where I can swim in the ocean but will have teh feer! at all times. as a child I could freak myself out to the point I'd not want to get out of bed because a shark might be in my bedroom :)

Amphrax

Part of the furniture
lol where do i begin...

edit oh and i forgot to mention the time i got mugged and punched 3 times in the face with a knuckleduster (i could have written the book on "What Not to Say to an Angry Chav who is Mugging You at 4AM when You Can Barely Walk") but thats a different story altogether hah

god I hate that... we should get all of FH and hunt them down... with a rope attached to their willy hanging from a very high Tree with knives pointing up at them from the ground!!!

tris-

Bad shit orm, have yopu thought about taking up martial arts incase it happens again?

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Injuries: Dent in right leg (below knee) into the bone/muscle where I fell onto a stupidly pointy thing as a kid, never got infected or anything. Scar on my right knee from falling down a hill covered in glass and stone (no infections thank god), burn mark on my right arm (which is now gone) which was there for 2 years.

Fears: Blindless, losing my mind and not being able to use my hands.. Spiders also. -_-'

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Bad shit orm, have yopu thought about taking up martial arts incase it happens again?

i dont think any amount of martial arts would have helped me that night... wandering blind drunk round an area you dont know in hull (especially in this area) in the middle of the night is generally a bad idea in any case :p

was my own stupid fault, they had taken my friends mobile and were walking away(which was insured) when i said something along the line "what a bunch of f****** wa*****" so he turned around and smacked me in the face o_O

ironically they didnt take anything from me at all... but gave me a nice reminder not to be a tool o_O

tris-

not when youre drunk maybe, but if youre walking sober and someone jumps you then it would come in handy.

Marc

FH is my second home
Injuries...fuck me, how long have you got??

8 broken fingers
Dislocated right ankle.
Torn Knee ligaments
Dislocated shoulder
God knows how many broken toes.
Broken nose
Broken hand
4 front teeth knocked out.

The last injury was when id been up for 30 hours solid playing champ manager and then had to go play footy outside in the rain and hailstone. Got the ball booted in my nuts from point blank range, walked to the side of the pitch in pain and fainted on concrete lol. Teeth first!! The rest were from rugby!

Fears..mmm, spiders!!! Losing the sight in my only good eye, dying. Thats about it!

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
8 broken fingers
Dislocated right ankle.
Torn Knee ligaments
Dislocated shoulder
God knows how many broken toes.
Broken nose
Broken hand
4 front teeth knocked out.

Sounds like my first time having sex

Users who are viewing this thread