Initial thoughts on new rotation

O

old.Vitenks

What can I say?
There were only 6 people online, probably due to it being new maps, and newly announced (and not everyone knowing the servers exist)
But, I stayed through most of a rotation, and heres what I thought.

Tiger.
So, relaxing!
I don't know why, it just is. 1 person out of the 6 complained of lag, the rest of us found it lovely.
And its so pretty! Didn't really get a proper game going, though.
One last question, does it have medics set to move at 1/4 speed when carrying flags, or what? It seemed so sloww... but maybe it was just me wanting to lie on the beach.

What was next? bases_r, I think.
I didn't like this map so much - it seemed dull - and the coridoors so big and wide.
Also the spy thing is weird, even when you know its gonna happen.
The announcements didn't alwasy work, the scores didn't always work, but its a good solid map, and should some keep people happy.

Flag control!
What a complete *RIOT*!
OK, it could do with messages saying *which* team has the flag, while they aren't scorting, buit its not a major issue.
And teaming up to stop the team who currently has the flag is definately interesting, as is stealing someones base defence gun, and turning it against them.
I knew this was fun before, but online, its better still.
After a while, it turned into a 3v3 match, which wasn't so great, but.

Minor complaint, it takes *ages* to get out of the respawn rooms.

Major reward: If you want to get two teams to gang up on the flag holding team, you have to do it in public chat! So they can see whats happening..
aNd then, theres backstabbing aplenty, and once the flag is free, its anyones game...

I loved this map.

Rock2. Well, its rock2, innit - only 6 of us, so I left.

OK, so I didn't stay a full rotation, but half of one. Nevertheless... I'm gonna go on PCZ tonight and try to empty it out.

------------------

i

O

old.LLAMA Rama

Fun?
Sounds like the new rotations could be a nice job...

O

old.Mad Kain

Well I had a go on er, BW3 I think yesterday, the one with the custom maps (shutdown, and others), and it was pretty good fun.
I've yet to play all the maps so I can't give a good enough opinion, but we've got new servers, and we've got maps which may be changed on a regular basis - all in all I'm impressed so far.
Nice one Dr.Chris
smile.gif

------------------
Kain aka [EQX]Kain

O

old.LLAMA Rama

Looks like everyone's hapy apart from Stuart Granger then... =)
DrChris seems to have had fairly good advice I'd say =)

------------------
--
Rama says....
Ragh

O

old.Totality

CYDONIA

This is one class map on BW4, I've always thought so and it was damn good fun to play last night.

Well done BW (Dr Chris) for taking the plunge and putting up a stack of class custom maps.

------------------
Kamikaze
AKA [ChPt2]Kami
Visit my map review site here:
www.totality.org.uk

O

old.Mad Kain

Ok, having now played most of the Custom maps on the various servers, I can say that Waterfront has to be the most annoying so far, although thats not to say I want it removed. Half the peeps on that yesterday seemed to be lost like myself
smile.gif

Extraction seems like a nice map, and any 'Hunted' alternatives I always enjoy.

Bases_r has a annoying points system, but is fun nonetheless, and god, Flag Control bloody rules, with the right players. Although everyone seems to go with the demospam class...
I played Cydonia in LAN mode yesterday er on my own, and was impressed - its one nicely laid out map
smile.gif

------------------
Kain aka [EQX]Kain

O

old.Totality

I find that most people take a few minutes to work out Cydonia, many people dn't realise that you can detpack the enemy control centre. The ladders in the middle area are also rarely noticed unless by accident.

Bases_r's scoring system is just pants, *cough*street*cough*

I'd like to play "Crusade" on a server, maybe the Totality playtest server when I get it online next week. It's a class map, but suffers from poor r_speeds between bases.

OK I'm going off topic, I'll shut up now.

------------------
Kamikaze
AKA [ChPt2]Kami
www.totality.org.uk

O

old.LLAMA Rama

Ho hum...
I'd agree street looks pretty good... only problem is 2 routes into base, one is naturally blocked, aone needs a key to unlock...

O

old.Totality

3 routes in if I'm not mistaken (it's been a while since I played it).

1 underground
1 climb fence
1 when gate is opened by using key

thats not counting conc/pipe/rocket jumping.

------------------
Kamikaze
AKA [ChPt2]Kami
www.totality.org.uk

O

old.Mad Kain

Well my fav map so far, that i've really enjoyed has to be.....Flag Control!

Loads of spam, but with er, 4 teams, and some good non-spammy players, its a real laugh.

------------------
[ChPt2]Kain aka [EQX]Kain aka [Kain]-DTA aka(1)Player

O

old.Fatbloke

My thoughts on the map rotation - remove the valve maps from BW1 & 2 and also Rock2 from BW4.
It seems many are leaving when the valve maps arrive and I've yet to see more than a couple on BW3 so far.

As for whether we need 2 14 player servers?

Could we try pushing up the player limits on BW1 and BW4 to 24 each and removing BW2?? That way you get the same number of players as before, but less chance of meeting with an empty server.

Just my 2p

Byeeeeeee

------------------
[A&I]Fatbloke
www.armedandinsane.co.uk

[This message has been edited by Fatbloke (edited 05 December 1999).]

O

old.Totality

it's a bit annoying to find the servers empty. Especially when they used to be full all the time. I guess it'll get better as people download the maps and find out they're far superior to the standard valve maps. (well most of them)
smile.gif

------------------
Kamikaze
AKA [ChPt2]Kami
www.totality.org.uk

O

old.Mad Kain

Well I bugger off as soon as I see Rock2.
I cant stand that map, so I kinda wonder off elsewhere.

------------------
[ChPt2]Kain aka [EQX]Kain aka [Kain]-DTA aka(1)Player

O

old.devin

I have one thing to say
smile.gif

Please change 2Fort to Crossover (Valve's newy) on both servers.

O

old.devin

1 x 24 player server? Are you on crack?!?!
smile.gif

That spells L A G and S P A M.

2 top game ruiners!

id rather see each server upped to 16 or 18 players.

O

old.Mr.Bee

Thanks for the feedback guys, glad you like my map (flagcontrol)

Hope its still on the servers for many months to come!!

BTW it takes ages to get out of the respawn room so its harder to defend and keep the flag!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom