Ingame problem

Jpeg[LOD]

Fledgling Freddie
yes i know there is a tech forum. but it isnt often read by many and i thort i would get faster/better feedback from this forum :)

anyways. i have already downloaded NF and ownloaded the patch before u log in.

now when i log in (from connection to server) to char select screen to ingame i am getting CONSTANT HUGE lag spikes making the game unplayable.

i had a similer problem with gorre. at 1st then i was able to play gorre for a few days with no problem at all.. and then it went bad again..

now its happening in LIVE server.
i have
512ddr ram
GeForce 5600fx card
2.6 speed comp
ADSL connection.
no spyware or virus' on comp (i scan 2-3 times per day)

so is anybody else having same problem ? and also does anybody know what to do to fix the problem.

as said from the second its loading the char select screen and connects to goa server im getting massive lad spikes. same when im on char select screen and same when im in game. i get lik 5-10 seconds of screen freeze and then 1-3 seconds of non lag.(might not be lag but it sure as hell seems like it)

please help if u know wot to do . otherwise i' am screwed and will have to ebay my acc :)

<edit> im on windows 98SE .. and computer reformatt is the LAST option for me,.

p.s i know there is a lot of people ingame on patch day but server only had 21.6 people on server when i logged n and i WASNT in NF zone (i was in ML5 dungeon) as said also i had same exp on gorre. and that was ussually late night when there ws only a few hundred online.

Castus

Can't get enough of FH
M8 i got same HUGE lag spikes and gone LD loads alrdy so given up.no wonder its bloody free. :puke:

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
First day damn. im sure they work their best for it to run properly

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
had lag but it's sod all to do with NF it's opentransit as always. been exactly like that for weeks. Hope GOA manage to get them to sort it out.

NF is ace, if you don't like it just FO to WoW and give us peace.

Jpeg[LOD]

Fledgling Freddie
Chimaira said:
First day damn. im sure they work their best for it to run properly

read my original post please.

as i said it was the same on gorre. only at 1st i had mega bad lag.. then it was ok for 2-3 days.... and then gorre was unplayable for me.... but when i wasnt on gorre and i was on the live servers lag was non existant apart from rare lag spikes that lasted 2-3 seconds.

and now i cant log into live server at all without me being lagged to death and ld'ing a few mins later.

any official GM answer or remedy for my problem please?

Jpeg[LOD]

Fledgling Freddie
IF it is the open transits problem... does that mean i am not able to play the game at all untill they have sorted there open transit ?

an official response from a GM would be nice :)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Jpeg[LOD] said:
IF it is the open transits problem... does that mean i am not able to play the game at all untill they have sorted there open transit ?

an official response from a GM would be nice :)

have you tried updating your graphics card drivers?

Is it the game becoming unresponsive (i.e. you can run around in your own little world press buttons and nothing happens till 20s later) or is it your computer going "whirrrrrrrrrr clicccccckckckckkckck" and locking up?

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
As most people seem to be running fine, Id say this is a personal problem with issues of:

1) Operating system - check for MS updates
2) Hardware -
a) Get new GFX drivers
b) Get the manufacturer drivers for sound, network adaptors and GFX
c) Programs running in the background - some anti-v and spyware progs are heavy on resources.
d) Try turning off all the fancy gfx in game, lower res etc
3) ISP issues other than opentranshit, try a ping trace.
4) Try a different GFX card if possible.

The only lag I have had is from opentranshit yet again, and tbh last nigth was fairly minimal considering we must have capped at about 400 ppl per zone at stages.

Jpeg[LOD]

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
have you tried updating your graphics card drivers?

Is it the game becoming unresponsive (i.e. you can run around in your own little world press buttons and nothing happens till 20s later) or is it your computer going "whirrrrrrrrrr clicccccckckckckkckck" and locking up?

yes i have updated gfx drivers..

it starts lagging as soon as the screen comes up with all the trolls etc etc running at a keep....... you now where it says

connecting to server ...
connected to server ...
etc etc

that is the point it starts lagging,
i cant run around for 20 seconds and then loads of spells cast.
the screen actually freezes completely for 5-10 seconds then i get 1sec of lagless play. and then it reverts back to 5-10 seconds of lag (screen freeze lag).

IF it was my gfx drivers or my comp ... why was i able to play TOA EASY with no problems at all... and WHY would it start lagging on the connecting to server screen (before i even get to char select or INGAME) ? because it lags for me on the char select screen also... hence leads me to believe it is a DAOC/GOA issue and not my own comp issue..

cos it worked fine with TOA/SI/CLASSIC .. but as soon as comp gets to connecting to server screen (1st screen i get to after typing in my password) i laf like fook....

cmon somebody must know before i have to delete all my files n start afresh. i dont wanna re-formatt my comp cos i got shit loads of movies ive downloaded :( n dont really wanna loose em.

Frosen

Fledgling Freddie
Burn those movie's etc then repartition your disk in 2 so next time you can save the things you like to keep on another partition then the one from your OS, then format and install a decent OS like win2k tbh.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
sounds like a network card issue maybe?

try updaring your network card drivers?

Jpeg[LOD]

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
sounds like a network card issue maybe?

try updaring your network card drivers?

how do i do that flim mate. im a dumbass when it comes to most tech stuff :)

and as for burning movies. i cant :( they to big to go on a disc (full movies in one file) and i aint got a dvd burner yet. saving uyp for a decent dvd burner . hence why im putting off the idea of reformatting comp :(

Jpeg[LOD]

Fledgling Freddie
Jpeg[LOD] said:
how do i do that flim mate. im a dumbass when it comes to most tech stuff :)

and as for burning movies. i cant :( they to big to go on a disc (full movies in one file) and i aint got a dvd burner yet. saving uyp for a decent dvd burner . hence why im putting off the idea of reformatting comp :(

still cant figure out what problem is...

and if i dont gerrit fixed soon im gonna loose out on my free respec :(

Jayce

Fledgling Freddie
Kami said:
had lag but it's sod all to do with NF it's opentransit as always. been exactly like that for weeks. Hope GOA manage to get them to sort it out.

NF is ace, if you don't like it just FO to WoW and give us peace.

I've been reading all about people's opentransit problems for a ouple of weeks now and I personally have not had a single problem, in that 2 weeks Ive had 3 lag spikes, nothing worth complaining about.

Then NF goes live and I get almost sonstant lag, sometimes for as long as 10 seconds a time and even had an LD last night.

However, I'm assuming this is all to do with the doac population downlaoding and patching their clients so I will endure it until next week, IF it is still happening then I will also do the various ping plotter traces and make complaints etc etc but tbh I dont think I'll need to.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
OK heres what I can give you:

Firstly, www.nvidea.com for the latest GFX drivers for that card
www.ati.com for theirs

Network cards:

To find who makes it, in WinXP, go to your control panel, system, click the hardware tab, then Device manager. scroll down and you should see Network Adapter, click the + and it should reveal the manufacturer. Then do a search on the name and model number in google, plus the word "driver" and it should be apparent.

The fact that your problem is unique to you, shows that the problem is your end and not a GOA / ISP problem.

TBH the reformat option for the time youve lost would have been a good option, get hold of XPpro and I think youll fing things a lot smoother.

Jpeg[LOD]

Fledgling Freddie
network adapter = network card? when i drop down the menu there is 5 card things in it.

Siftwind

Fledgling Freddie
Are you connected directly to your ADSL or do you use a router? If you use a router remove that from the equation first.
Best list for us what comes up as a network adapter in your list.

edit: gah! Just read you are on 98SE :( Why not use this as a useful opportunity to go buy that DVD drive and upgrade to XP. Actually just go buy another harddrive and XP and leave the movies on your old HD. Anyway, post what you have listed as network adapters and we'll see where we go.

Regards,
Sift.

Jpeg[LOD]

Fledgling Freddie
Siftwind said:
Are you connected directly to your ADSL or do you use a router? If you use a router remove that from the equation first.
Best list for us what comes up as a network adapter in your list.

edit: gah! Just read you are on 98SE :( Why not use this as a useful opportunity to go buy that DVD drive and upgrade to XP. Actually just go buy another harddrive and XP and leave the movies on your old HD. Anyway, post what you have listed as network adapters and we'll see where we go.

Regards,
Sift.

im connected direct to adsl

in my network adapter area on system info it has
Dial-UP-Adapter
Dial-Up-Adapter #2 (VPN Support)
GlobeSpan USB ADSL LAN Modem
Microsoft Virtual Private Networking Adapter
WAN Miniport(ATW)

p.s cant afford winXP or new HD/COMP atm :) Xmas is commin!

Siftwind

Fledgling Freddie
Have you contacted AOL (ATW miniport is AOL right?) to see if there are any problems regarding your internet connection?
Really weird if you've changed nothing at all other than installing NF and nothing else regarding internet usage is affected. Have you tried disabling any anti-virus software that you may be running and whatever firewall you have (just while you test). As others have posted, install latest graphics drivers and latest version of DirectX too, in case of the remote possibility that there is some new graphics functionality. If none of this helps then I guess a reinstall of ToA would be in order (without toa_fontiers.exe, at first) after you have uninstalled all current game elements and defragged your hard drive in safe mode. Tbh, I'd go for the complete uninstall/reinstall option first.

Regards,
Sift.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom