ingame movies like seen on US

O

old.Gombur Glodson

having admired the fantastic movies made by Aladora I was wondering if it was possible for anyone here on EU to do some ingame movies, could be really nice to watch.

S

SFXman

Someone with a video capture card preferrably... the programs that can be used are quite bad I hear.

O

old.Gombur Glodson

anyone know where I can get the program? would like to try it

B

Brannor McThife

I could use my video camera (no sound) to film my screen for a few clips... :p

Like..

"...and here's how I died to this mob..." And "...here's how I died to that mob..." ;)

I agree though. Ingame footage would be sweet. I loved that DS music video.

-G

O

old.Gombur Glodson

thx a lot! gonna play around with it :p
tour de daoc is boring with pics only :)

oh btw how do you edit music in and text ect

O

old.Gombur Glodson

thx for the links much appreciated.
cant do anything about the hardware but can try the software.
Hope the outcome is somewhat good, might make daoc more fun again

J

Jupitus

Originally posted by Brannor McThife

"...and here's how I died to this mob..." And "...here's how I died to that mob..." ;)

-G

... and here's how I died to Jupitus....;)

S

SFXman

Brannor's quote in this thread? Right. Or was this an example of a movie by Gombur :)

O

old.Biohazard

I tried the program, but it's impossible to play due to the resources the program needs to record movies.

B

Brannor McThife

Originally posted by Jupitus
... and here's how I died to Jupitus....;)

....and his 20 yellow/orange con friends....unlike Jupitus who JUST died to me... ;)

-G

J

Jupitus

Bah yeah... we get kill stealers in Alb too occasionally :p

B

Brannor McThife

Originally posted by Jupitus
Bah yeah... we get kill stealers in Alb too occasionally :p

Wow, impressive. First time I've seen an Alb admit he's a kill stealer. Connacht (sp?) a cleric? did the most damage - two spells (probably smites after chain mezzing me...)...the rest of you were just tickling me. ;)

-G

S

Spudgie

Tubalcain in the Axiom Knights/Bonsai Brigade, has all the gear to do it. We've already done some shots for the bonsai bridage, now what we need to do is get to the glacier giant without some middie ganking a load of little <level 20's

J

Jupitus

Originally posted by Brannor McThife

Wow, impressive. First time I've seen an Alb admit he's a kill stealer. Connacht (sp?) a cleric? did the most damage - two spells (probably smites after chain mezzing me...)...the rest of you were just tickling me. ;)

-G

... naahhh I attacked first but my mez didn't stick ;)

O

old.Gombur Glodson

well biohazard was right..that program sure makes some crappy movies...any else with videocapture want to do some footage?

just did one that didnt lag (well not that much)
only problem is that its 2,17 secs long res is 417 something and its 53,4 MB!!!! christ! Is there anyway to make somewhat smaller movies?

O

old.Gombur Glodson

any advices, idead ect are most welcome
I dont want to buy new hardware :(

A

Arlone

I've tried both Camtasia and HyperCam for recording in-game play of DAoC. Both these programs work very poorly with daoc or they just suck in general :rolleyes:

I got a quite nice processor and lots of RAM and still it's not even close to enough for the use of these programs. What I really want is to find a program that writes raw-images (tga, bmp .. whatever). Those usually run very smooth on any mid-good machine and are easier to use when putting the 'movie' together in Premiere.

The Hardware solution sound very messy, but obviously it works atleast :) I'll cross my fingers that someone will find a useable program for this.

Arlone Hammerfist

O

old.Gombur Glodson

I found that I could make small footage with camtasia in a somewhat ok res and not to laggy..the file just might get big but what the hey im gonna try and do a little film for the fun of it

O

old.Nim

Well, I feasibly could do it at some point. I have a video capture card and often show off the capabilities by letting people watch me play DAoC on the TV - which we could then video etc etc.

Am thinking of it, sometime in the future, but at the moment, just getting on, getting a group and learning my way round the frontier has been taking up most of my time.

S

SFXman

Gombur, if you got it working somehow, well good luck with the editing. Even a nice small film would be great to watch. I watched all the ones I could find on the net already, but naturally Aladoras have been the best so far.

S

Seyrcim

I think this was somewhat covered in http://forums.barrysworld.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20765 =)

And really, the only way to go is with tv-out -> tv-in. Try downloading divx5 and compress with. Unfortunatly I haven't got too much hd-space left on my laptop (my work comp) so I have to compress the picture in real-time, which of course limits the size/quality of the movies =/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom