Infs

Retrakith

Banned
Is CS totally gimped now in RvR? i am going to make a 50inf and wanna know whether to go DW or CS for rvr spec :fluffle:

Smurflord

Fledgling Freddie
The design philosophy behind the CS line was the BIG attack from stealth and then a few mediocre styles to finish the person off. Since the advent of the new armours, RAs, spellcrafting, ablatives, artifacts etc, the BIG attack doesn't really hurt anyone except a cloth caster. I used to PA a hunter with my big one-use attack, only to be hit back for more by his anytime style.

It is a real shame as the CS line is what assassins are all about. Like many others, I am seriously hoping the CS line gets some attention in the forth coming reviews. I am mercfil spec, but only through necessity not choice. I would love to go back to CS if they made it worth while.

Even so, I would still recommend going CS spec to begin with. Having to spec 50 weapons, 50 DW at low realm ranks means you take far too big a hit to your stealth and evenom. It really is a much more viable spec at higher RRs.

Loch

Fledgling Freddie
I went slash/cs, works well if you've got Stealthl0re cos you can pretty much always get the first attack in ;o

Thrust/cs - not sure, probably just as good with the 3.9 rapiers now

Slash/dw - heh, very good at times, but suffers alot from no stun (if you go 34cs for cd, you'll have around 6 env = :E )

Thrust/dw - FoTM atm, high dmg prettymuch anytime (DS), good stun (DF), only thing you'll lack is an effective way of dealing with casters quickly

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom