infra-red mouse....

N

Nazgul

I am thinking of getting an infa-red mouse and I was wondering how often do you have to replace the batteries?
I was thinking of either the Microsoft Optical mouse or the Microsoft Infa-red mouse

M

mib666

Don't buy a Logitech one, the one I use will stop working after 4 hours and needs a reboot to work again. The batteries seem to last for ages, just to unreliable for online gaming.

M

Meatballs

Originally posted by Nazgul
I am thinking of getting an infa-red mouse and I was wondering how often do you have to replace the batteries?
I was thinking of either the Microsoft Optical mouse or the Microsoft Infa-red mouse

Optical mice don't need batteries. Wireless ones do, and you can get optical wireless mice. Just so you know exactly what you are buying :)

D

darzil

I've got a Trust Wireless Optical Mouse. It's quite good most of the time, and you can plug in a charging cable to recharge it whilst still using it.

Only real problem is that if you let it run right down, rather than just not working, it starts sending dodgy mouse movements to the PC, and carries on doing so until it's been back on charge for a while.

Nice mouse and idea, apart from that !

R

rock_shock

I have a 'Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer.' Its one of the more common infa-red mouses. Its USB and not wireless so it doesn't need batterys. I've never had any problems with it. It is really smooth and can work or nearly any surface, i don't bother with a mouse pad anymore (handy for lan partys).

A

Addlcove

STAY AWAY FROM INFRA RED MOUSE/KEYBOARDS :)

wireless is nice, but get radiocontrolled battery driven ones, believe me having to get LoS for your infrared equipment can be a pain.

W

WPKenny

Some of you guys are getting a bit confused...

And infra red mouse is a wireless mouse that could either be mechanical (a ball underneath) or optical (red light, blue light etc etc)

A RF (radio frequency) wireless mouse also comes in the two flavours above.

For games like DAOC a wireless mouse (of any sort but a RF mouse is better) will be fine but if you were playing faster games like Quake3 or whatever you're best off sticking with a mouse that's hardwired to the computer (USB not PS/2 connection also) because it responds quicker. Go for something like the Microsoft Explorer V3 (V3 part is important.

Users who are viewing this thread