Advice Information for returning EU player

DeSlisser

Fledgling Freddie
Dear all,

Am a returning player with 3 level 50s in Albion. I last played in 2006. Therefore i am looking for some info on how to get in the sadle (info that i find seems quite outdated very often)

First thing ofcourse is that i am looking for a frindly guild, tips are still welcome.

But, I would really like some advice on
- MLs and farming glass. E.g. Where to farm, howvrequired is this..?
- dragon items and farming scales (these 2 things are related?)

So in general i am looking to equip and spec out my characters to be somewhat viable in pvp. I do like pve too, so group or solo grinding is no issue.

I only have one account, no bb. Chars are Armsmen (Malenfer slash/pole) Paladin (48 - Malmort unspecced) and a cleric (Milonofprydwen, yet also unspecced).

Thanks in advance!

Ps i alrdy managed to get some artifacts with bps for my armsman with help of a friendly person i met via /advice

Duze

Loyal Freddie
Hello!

Hopefully I'll be of some use here, as I had to learn how to do everything again also.

ML's and Farming Glass - You want ML's. You can buy them with glass! You don't need to get ML exp anymore so once you did (or bought) all the encounters in each ML, you just need to talk to the Arbiter to move on to the next one. You can do them in any order but you won't actually open up the ability for a specific ML until you've done the previous numerical ones first. Anywhere in Oceanus will drop glass. Bigger mobs will drop more glass (ie. most of ML9 bosses will drop 100 glass cache and some things in there are soloable with the right classes). Otherwise, find a spot and just farm away.

You use glass to buy ML's, Artifacts and Artifact scrolls. Alternatively, you can buy any of the above with bounty points if you have a lot, or somebody with bp's can buy them for you.

Dragon stuff - this is where I got confused!
There are 2 types of dragon stuff. One is the items that actually drop from the Dragon. You can buy these now from an NPC in Camelot for dragon scales. Dragonscales drop from anything thats killable in Dartmoor, Avalon City or the ML10 bosses.

The other type of Dragonstuff is the Dragonslayer. These are basically items of armour and weapons available from a merchant in Dartmoor that become available when you farm faction. There is a friendly NPC outside of the camp who will give you a one-time quest to kill something, and then you can enter the compound and do a repeatable quest for faction until they become friendly. The items that he sells can be bought with tokens that you buy from dragonscale merchant in Camelot.(The currency for the tokens is dragoncales - see above!)

Don't worry about not having a bb. You can port out into the Frontiers now,before you start your farming, and buy full buffs which will stay for120 minute duration (you won't lose them when you port anywhere).

As for speccing, I have absolutely no idea :) I'll leave that to somebody who knows how to spec those classes.

I hope that helps a bit. If you get stuck, just in-box me and I'll try to help. I know it was a nightmare when I came back, trying to get my head around everything.

DeSlisser

Fledgling Freddie
Duze, thanks for that. Clears things up a bit already. Also good to know I aint the only one.. and that people made it through like you did :D

Equipment wise I'm have got some toa stuff now and am leveling these (Spear of Kings, Maddening Scalars, Belt of Sun, Winged Helm and Battler) bought with mostly BP I had, rest of armor is a mix of old stuff. I chose Battlemaster and am ML2 at the moment (so long way to go).. how important is it to be ML9/10?

For further progression in which order would one go to become RvR viable? Say first MLs (thus grind glass), then Dragonslayer, then Dragon?

Also as Slash Pole Armsman, any good spots for farming Glass at a decent spot with mobs weak to slash and with good respawn?

Duze

Loyal Freddie
The first thing you want to do is find, or make, a template (if you haven't already), so you know what you're aiming for.
Also, you need to go and talk to the King in Camelot Castle and kick off your Champion Levels. You gain champion level exp from pretty much everything so you just need to start it, then go talk to the King when you level. Might as well be gaining your champion level exp while you're levelling artis etc.

I haven't actually rvr'd in a full group for a while so I'm not sure how useful Bodyguard is anymore. If its still viable then you'll need to get ML8 at least fairly quickly. Tbh, unless you're running 8v8 action exclusively, I can't see that bodyguard would be used that much as people tend to be running in and out of keeps and towers a lot, and fights are often too confusing to even know where most of your own group is, due to sheer numbers in one place at the same time!

The Dragonslayer/dragon items will come as you complete you template as almost every template will use something from both, so you'll probably have both of those sorted before you start to rvr.

I mostly farm glass from some ML9 stuff with my friar, so I'm not really sure where a good camp would be. Somebody else might be better able to help with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom