Info for theurgists in RvR

P

Puppetmistress

Few patches ago (1.50?) our:

Lower Attack Speed Shout 3 8 14 21 28 37 47
in the earth-spec line (same line as PBT) has become an insta-shout, which you all know probably.

In one of the lastest patches there is a flaw in this insta: It works as an interrupt on RvR-opponents (duel opponents too) and with it's very low timer (5 secs) it's very useful to interrupt the crap out of annoying opponents. Very useful to interrupt bards/healers casting mezz but also for interrupting healers in their daily job (healing), casters, etc.

The lvl 21 one from earthline (Major Friction) doesn't stick very often but it interrupts very nicely. Obviously it's a flaw but it's very useful.

I would advice every theurg with some earth-spec to put it on the quickbar. At first it seems rather useless but after some training I managed to do my daily RvR-job (nuking/AoE-mezzing/rooting) and also interupt other targets. With some fast mouse-action you can annoy up to twice the opponents you normally did. And some opponents you can render useless with it :p

S

stupidshady

thx allot puppet, will try it, lets hope your right, would be nice, waiting while casting and alrdy interrupting the dude ^^

A

Aule Valar

heh sweet, makes the low spec one from useless into really rather nasty :D

K

Kagato.

Its very sweet, I use it on my BG theurg all the time, problem is the range on it isn't to great which is a shame.

Its also very good higher up to slow down the two-handed weapon users, with top pbt and the friction shout they can hardly get through pbt if at all.

P

Puppetmistress

Originally posted by Kagato.
Its very sweet, I use it on my BG theurg all the time, problem is the range on it isn't to great which is a shame.

Its also very good higher up to slow down the two-handed weapon users, with top pbt and the friction shout they can hardly get through pbt if at all.

Range? I am quite sure it's 1500 range. Nowadays I use it all the time before I do something else.

Where other casters have to rely on charges to interrupt, we get a free shout, I am quite sure 1500 range, and on a 5 sec recast, insta :p

So no costs to recharge, same range and no 1 min timer (like charges)..

D

Deskiziado

And is really usefull to make running guys (bards and skalds) lose uber speed (you are in combat recently and the spell have not effect on you)

O

old.Outlaw

I have LVL 28 Friction already on my QB, I always use it! I never knew it interrupted!!!!! H e l l o

P

Puppetmistress

Originally posted by old.Outlaw
I have LVL 28 Friction already on my QB, I always use it! I never knew it interrupted!!!!! H e l l o

Duel someone outlaw.. And spam it on him to see if he can cast a spell.

Unless they changed it this week it still interrupts.

O

old.Outlaw

duel??? lol I am gonna test it on Kallistor!!1!!

D

Deskiziado

Puppet, anyway i read instas does not interrupt casting. i must read all patch notes again ...

D

Deskiziado

Patch 1.51 notes:

- Instant cast debuffs should no longer interrupt other player casters and player archers

P

Puppetmistress

Originally posted by Deskiziado
Patch 1.51 notes:

- Instant cast debuffs should no longer interrupt other player casters and player archers

I know, sorcs debuffs don't have the same effect... Very odd our haste-debuff still does...

Feel free to try a theurg in a duel, it was still in the last SI-patch, so try it out !

D

Deskiziado

I'll try duel you, but i'm a pakete (bad player) :)

W

-Wedge-

It interrupts, the attack-speed debuf from the other reams interrupt too... Must be the spell...

It doesnt break people out of speed though (thats weird but true)...

Probably will be 'fixed'...

M

Mavl

afaik all insta attack speed debuffs interrupt casting

O

old.Wildfire

[game designer] It's not going to be "fixed", the spell is working as intended. You know why? The spell affects the reuse timer on the weapons of the player, increasing their speed value. Therefore the timer on the weapon has to be reset for it to take effect (think stopwatches), providing the rather handy effect we see in-game as an interruption. Why don't any other debuffs do this? The most common confusion is with the dex/qui debuffs, which affect the stats of the player rather than of the weapons they're wielding. Dex/Qui is checked by the game as the weapon is swung (or used), and recalculated each time. Soooo... any changes that take place are taken into account on each subsequent swing, rather than having to restart the calculations completely. [/game designer]

edit: too much thinking for one day, errkkkk :bore:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom