34 Evenom
22 Dual Wield

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Originally posted by Ghostly
LOL, vewy subtle Glott :p

I try my best :)

Originally posted by Vasconcelos
Currently leveling a 48th alt in AC n i can tell ya most pbaoe groups prefer the scout due to his guard ability.
Infils = drags loads of aggro with low hit points n crap armor = nitemares for clerics.

Sounds nice, but I know plenty of scouts who had a nightmare to level. Their high dex makes their guard very good, but not many people know that :(
Good thing if scouts can lvl better now :D
Regards, Glottis

Z

zlair

Originally posted by Glottis_Xanadu
Umm... atleast the infs would get a group...
Groups would prefer having 3 infs to 2 infs and one scout...
So I guess you are just so fucking full of shit, it is unreal.
Get real, telling a scout that an inf is tougher to level...

Groups would rather have 5 afk minstrels to one scout, or a lvl 40 pally compared to a lvl 49 scout... Yeah, I guess now all of the sudden scouts are fotm due to upcoming changes...
Regards, Glottis

lol, im quite sure its YOU thats the problem, not the SCOUT class !

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Originally posted by zlair
lol, im quite sure its YOU thats the problem, not the SCOUT class !

Not sure, but have you ever grouped with me?
Doubt it, so can you refrain from making such statements?
Not sure who you are ingame, would love to know how much of an uber daoc player you are, knowing it all, etc...
Regards, Glottis

S

samildanachh

tbh i didnt find it hard to lvl as an inf-ok getting grps was a pain in the fucking ass,, but tbh i find that most xp grps are mostly crap unless its in guild or people i know, and by the time i was lvl40 i just gave up. then i just solo'd draks at AC entrance from 45-50,they are just piss easy mobs for infs.
tbh infs are not hard to solo with (atleast at higher lvl's once u get higher evade % chances and better styles.)

from personal experience i would say that 44cs its alot better than 39cs, the extra damage is pretty useful. +u get an extra style in the evade chain.

like pin i would only go 50cs once i was rr8+ in which i would still have reasonmby good DW.

D

dimerian

Puller,guard - good to have in group. Infi if you need dmg but yes,pain to cleric.

Just tip to randomscouts out there,if it feels like ye aint getting groups never,start ffs make your own ~.~ - been always best way to get groups :D

B

Bellona

I would also go for

50 thrust
44 critical strike
34 stealth
34 envenom
22 dual wield + what ever i get from autotraining stealth

S

samildanachh

Originally posted by adari
imo,

50 Thrust
44 Critical Strike
34 Stealth
34 Evenom
22 Dual Wield

and that just happens to be my spec-which i recommended to you :D

G

Ghostly

Originally posted by samildanachh
and that just happens to be my spec-which i recommended to you :D

No, no, slash I tell you!

S

stinkie

People have gone threw the spec pretty much so I wont add my comments on those.

Few hints for you:

1) forget BG and auto stealth to 48. for the sake of going to BG's for 1 - 2 nights its not worth it at all. I did and i kick myself everytime i think about it.

2) Even if you dont plan to go a merc-infil route lvling can be much easier specing like one for XPing and then respecing out of DW at 40. so full thrust full DW till 40.

3) The Slash V Thrust thing. if you read any infil board this topic will be on every page atleast once. It really depends on what you want to do. slash is better V casters(higher PA and no need for DF) and does great damage V SB's which is what you fight most, downside is no dragonfang and being hit by a debuff(probably the most use poison in game) your damage will drop a lot more than thrust due to 100% str based. Thrust is much much better against tanks where slash is a LOT weaker as lower base wep skill AND resistant armour type. plus with thrust you get dragon fang(9 sec stun on evade) which is a real fight winning style and the bain of most SBs.

4) on creation what ever spec you go make the char briton with +10 con str and qui(can swop qui for more con or str) with buffs at 50 your dex will easily pass the 300 cap so no point wasting points going saracen of adding +dex

5) spec stealth and env to a max of 35. so at 50 with rr5 you have 50 in total ( 35 + 11 + 4) if you dont plan on playing your infil to atleast rr5 then dont make one, it wouldnt be worth the effort lvling one imo.

6) lvling will be a nightmare. your not group friendly and not too hot solo either, but at the end youl be rewarded with one of the most fun classes to RvR with in alb. To help with lvling a great idea and one i used lots is to start a group. you wont get many invites if any as an infil but if u spend the 20 - 30mins it takes to form a good group then with luck youl have decent XP for a while.

Hope these help and good luck with your char. its a long solo road but the reward is well worth it, I'd do it all again if i had to.

regards,

Jellybaby

Z

zlair

Originally posted by stinkie
Few hints for you:

1) forget BG and auto stealth to 48. for the sake of going to BG's for 1 - 2 nights its not worth it at all. I did and i kick myself everytime i think about it.

Agree. i did it to 44 cuz i got so bored of soloing i had to do SOME rvr ;)

4) on creation what ever spec you go make the char briton with +10 con str and qui(can swop qui for more con or str) with buffs at 50 your dex will easily pass the 300 cap so no point wasting points going saracen of adding +dex

With 1.62 the caps will raise, so if u plan on trust, i recommend u go the saracen route

5) spec stealth and env to a max of 35. so at 50 with rr5 you have 50 in total ( 35 + 11 + 4) if you dont plan on playing your infil to atleast rr5 then dont make one, it wouldnt be worth the effort lvling one imo.

6) lvling will be a nightmare. your not group friendly and not too hot solo either, but at the end youl be rewarded with one of the most fun classes to RvR with in alb. To help with lvling a great idea and one i used lots is to start a group. you wont get many invites if any as an infil but if u spend the 20 - 30mins it takes to form a good group then with luck youl have decent XP for a while.

yup, lvling an inf is a pain in the arse, so if not planning to play it, dont bother. If u however wanna go rvr, u also need a buff bot. sad, but true. no fun playing infil if not buffed hence u get owned so many times over by other buffed assasins... lol, even casters owns u if u miss PA-CD :p

O

old.Ashgen

Be prepared for a long hard road ...

Unless you have power level capabilities levelling an infil can be soul destroying.

They are potentially great fun, and nice break from standard melee classes.

However, no-one "wants" them in a groups and so levelling in 40's is very frustrating indeed.

Mine is 46 now, and it's been a long drag. I can stand in Avalon City for hours waiting for a group, unless I am lucky and happen upon a group who I have been with before and know that infils are not that bad.

I think it is a shame people are so obsessive about getting the ideal group. Accepted there are pre-requisite requirements for each group (one pally, one other tank, mezz, damage and mana regen). However, these requirements can be tailored to suit.

For example it is not necessary now to have a mincer AND sorc, or 2 pallies or always expect an ice wizzy.

The time spent hanging around for the ideal group could be spent getting some xp.

Anyway, how many times have all of us spend ages getting the ideal group together only for one member to say "sorry mates need to log"?

So be flexible and give Infils, and scouts for that, a chance to get some xp :D

Regards

Ash

A

Aybabtu

Groups would rather have 5 afk minstrels to one scout, or a lvl 40 pally compared to a lvl 49 scout... Yeah, I guess now all of the sudden scouts are fotm due to upcoming changes...
Regards, Glottis

Actually infils got turned down for cabbys.......So before you start commenting on how often infils got group i'd think you need to stfu......

Scouts might have it bad but infils DID have it worse...

And yes i have lvl'ed a scout, not to 50 tho.

But now its all about the PL, not much grouping going on

Q

quinthar

Regards, Glottis

Ive never had a problem having Scouts in our groups, so maybe its just you :p

D

Draylor

Just realise that lvling an infiltrator to 50 is a royal pain
Its no more difficult than any other class when stuck to a necro/cabbie - as you seem to be learning ;)

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Originally posted by quinthar
Ive never had a problem having Scouts in our groups, so maybe its just you :p

Yes, I guess so, and all the other scouts I know had similar problems, but I guess it is just them....
Maybe you got lucky and found a group with half a braincell, but most Alb groups are only looking for tanks, wizards, theurgs, clerics, and maybe a sorc or minstrel.
With my sorc I would get pm'd to death, people getting upset I would not join their group cause now 7 other people would not get xp, etc...
Never found this with my scout somehow...
Regards, Glottis

J

Jergiot

everytime an assassin picks SH god kills a kitten.

oh btw if u pick SH ur a faggot, no matter what realm u play in. nuff said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom