Infiltrator Specs

O

old.Oedo

I am making an infiltrator and need some advice, I have checked daoc catacombs and noticed that people who DW have also put points in thrust, I am wanting to spec stealth/DW/CS/Envenom, is thrust needed? Or does DW have its own set of styles?

A very confused boy :)

O

old.chesnor

DW has its own styles, but you damage range is governed by how much you spec into thrust. So if you spec high into DW and low into thrust, your damage range will be very wide (e.g. 50-200), whereas if you spec into thrust your damage range will be much smaller (e.g 175-200).

Hope this helps...

O

old.Oedo

Thanks alot for the help :) now i have the job of sharing these points out... doh!

O

old.Bollinja

Many people advise keeping your Thrust at about 2/3 your level. My inf is only level 13 though so I am ready to be corrected:)

O

old.stroke

Yes, atleast 2/3 to get a decent overall damage. Personally i'm taking it to 50 to get the style there (based on evade).
CS to mid 40s. Stealth high 30s, DW 10-15 (get a ca40% chance to hit with my off hand). Env 40s.
All will be upped to atleast 50 with items and realm rank 4.

To answer the next question: Itembonus is capped at lvl/5+1 (lvl50/5+1=11).
Each realm rank grants +1 to all skills.
Itembonus and realmrank do not grant you the styles (except for envenom where you can apply poisons with bonus).

[Edit: it's RR4, not 3]

O

old.mouth

personally i didnt put much into thrust due to the fact when i fight i use crit strike which governs my damage output {most fights are over b4 my stam bar is down}

but having a half decent thrust is good because if mob not dead and u have no stam its all down to your minimum damage which is governd by thrust

DW is a waste of time u will need good stealth for RvR and good CS for killing em quick its handy to have envenom also as it all helps kill

O

old.stroke

CS decides the max damage on the CS line.
Thrust still decides the minimum damage (even on the CS line), and if thrust is low, you'll get a wide damage range on your PA.

Try a few grey mobs and check.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom