Infiltrator RA advice

T

the_smurflord

I have now reached R5L5 and I am trying to decide what realm abilities to buy in the future.

My current spec is as follows:
Aug Dex 2
Aug Qui 2
Dodger 2
Master of Pain 3
Duelists Reflexes 2
Avoidance of Magic 1
Purge
See Hidden

How effective are Aug Con and Toughness for a saracen infiltrator? Worth the points?
Is Dodger 3 worth 6 more points?
Is Tirelesses worth getting at all?

Any advice would be appreciated.

N

-Nxs-

Personaly id up dodger

But with the changes with ML in ToA - stealthers days are over, may be time to try out another class sadly.

M

mavericky

i dont know if you run buffed or not, but you will be above the evade cap even with dodger 2 if you are buffed, so dont go for that.

Toughness gives a better return on points than aug con, so if it is the choice between the two, get toughness first. but both increase your survivability a bit.

I used to have tireless 2 when leveling my blade before end regen, it allowed me to do one extra low end hit after about 15seconds, so not worth it imo

T

the_smurflord

Originally posted by -Nxs-
But with the changes with ML in ToA - stealthers days are over, may be time to try out another class sadly.

When it comes to ToA, unless they change the way things are atm, I'll be leaving the game. I enjoy my infil, it suits my style of play, and have no desire to level up another character for rvr.

As for buffs, I'm often buffed with in a group but solo I'm rarely buffed.

O

old.windforce

personaly i would get vanish, its an escape out of jail free card

and dr3 >> dodger 3

tireless is pretty good specially with longwind to catch pesky runaways

avoidance of magic is noth worth it on an inf since it doesn't add to melee resist afaik

E

Ezeine

My RA's on inf at RR5L2 are:

Aug Dex 2
Aug Qui 2
Aug Con 1
MoP 2
Dodger 2
Toughness 1
Dualist's Reflexes 1
Avoidance of Magic 1
Purge
Vanish

RR6 I'll have
MoP 3
DR 2
Tireless 1

and after the resistnerf I'll drop the AoM and get Longwind.

IMO, Vanish and Aug Con/Toughness are worth it.
Will get Tougness 2 at some point. Also I'd consider getting Aug Str 1 atleast since it also adds to thrust weapskill.

Just my 2 coppers.

T

the_smurflord

Originally posted by old.windforce
personaly i would get vanish, its an escape out of jail free card

I used to have Vanish from RR3 to RR5. I just found the bugginess with it too annoying, they way that casters and archers should still unstealth you at will instead of losing their target.

S

shani

Originally posted by mavericky
i dont know if you run buffed or not, but you will be above the evade cap even with dodger 2 if you are buffed, so dont go for that.

Doesnt your chance to evade get lowered when fighting enemys with high WS ? Thus making overcapping not that bad

G

gwyneth-love

Evade

1. Evade formula includes such elements as your level, your target's level, your level of evade, your QUI, your DEX, your buffs to QUI and DEX, the number of people attacking you, your target's weapon level, your target's spec in the weapon he is wielding, the kind of attack (DW, range, etc), attack radius, angle of attack, the style you used most recently, target's offensive RA, debuffs, and a few others. (The type of weapon – large, 1H, etc – doesn’t matter.) So it's entirely situational. – Grab Bag 12/13/02

2. Base chance to evade at Evade 7 is 35% (5% per level). Dodger 5 (3% per level) adds another 15%. But that's just a BASE. Those percentages can be modified by all of the above. The cap is 50% - but after your base is modified, you might not be at 50. – Grab Bag 12/13/02

3. Evade is not a skill, and it works very differently from parry and block. Primarily, the effectiveness of evade is related to your level of evade (and of course, your level versus the level of your target). There are many minor factors, of course, but that is the big one. The stats that affect evade are dex and qui in equal proportions, just not in as large a proportion as they are in parry or block. – Grab Bag 10/25/02

4. Evade is not affected by a dual wielder (enemy). – Grab Bag 10/18/02

O

[Oo]Escape

Originally posted by the_smurflord

My current spec is as follows:
See Hidden

What is See Hidden like now?

I used to have Dodger3 before the nerf came, then respecced out of it. Before I would evade a couple of times during a fight and I get the same now.

I have Mop3 and DR3 and I like those. I dw almost every round and that's essential for an infil, to get the haste-effect (unless both weapons are the same speed :p )

The infil class rocks but it's been abused into oblivion, so I'm not serious about it anymore. Next patch I'm going to try the 4.0spd longsword with an Azure Silencerfang and Mastery of Arms5, add high level buffs and you're a perma-hasted killing machine :p

It's hard to mess up on inf RAs, but everyone should have some level of MoP and DR, imo.

B

bigchief

Re: Re: Infiltrator RA advice

Originally posted by [Oo]Escape
What is See Hidden like now?

I used to have Dodger3 before the nerf came, then respecced out of it. Before I would evade a couple of times during a fight and I get the same now.

I have Mop3 and DR3 and I like those. I dw almost every round and that's essential for an infil, to get the haste-effect (unless both weapons are the same speed :p )

The infil class rocks but it's been abused into oblivion, so I'm not serious about it anymore. Next patch I'm going to try the 4.0spd longsword with an Azure Silencerfang and Mastery of Arms5, add high level buffs and you're a perma-hasted killing machine :p

It's hard to mess up on inf RAs, but everyone should have some level of MoP and DR, imo.

see hidden sucks now

And i believe MoA above lvl1 is still bugged come the patch ;o

T

the_smurflord

I find See Hidden extremely useful. Not so much for spotting enemy stealthers, but more for coordinating and keeping track of the rest of any stealther group I'm in.

W

wildsorcerer

see hidden that bad ? can u spot archers at all anymore ?

T

the_smurflord

Originally posted by wildsorcerer
see hidden that bad ? can u spot archers at all anymore ?

Yes you can spot them, but the range is not as good as it used to be. I still uncover a fair few of them, but not as many since the changes.

L

liste

Mopain 4 (this is essential imo. the difference between lvl 3 and lvl 4 is huuuuge)

MoArms. get it. at least level 2, possibly level 3 (currently, level 3+ is bugged and does nothing). if you fancy it, up it more, but level 2 is a minimum.

Toughness and aug con. get level 2 in each. i got about 30 hp increase/level in both (its been a while since i specced it, so the precise number has escaped my memory)

duelists reflexes. level 2 is a minimum. i'd go level 3 on this with a spec of 30ish DW

if slasher, i'd drop dodger completely. if thrust, i'd take level 2 if buffed, level 3 if unbuffed.

this takes you to:

aug str 3 = 10
aug dex 2 = 4
aug qui 2 = 4
Aug con 2 = 4
toughness 2 = 4
MoPain 4 = 20
MoArms 2 = 4
DR 2 = 4
Dodger 2 = 4

58 points, which you're moving in on rapidly, it seems :)

M

Myddrin

Duellist reflexes 3 MOP 3 dodger 2 purge tough 1 AOM 1 etc etc

Moarms is a big waste of points imo atm and the forseeable future

Users who are viewing this thread