Infiltrator 1.62 TL Report.

E

Ekydus

http://vnboards.ign.com/message.asp?topic=52853495&replies=0

Interesting to say the least...
Concerns

Vanish RA - Vanish is not dropping attackers target. Melee= If a melee player has you targeted and you hit vanish and they are within a close radius, they will still hold target for a small amount of time, within which they can still land an attack. Casters= If they have you targeted and are about to or have begun casting, they will still land what ever they have chosen to cast on you. Archer= If drawing or about to draw an arrow, the archer will still have you targeted even though they cannot see you and will land that arrow. This is making this expensive RA useless.

He's right there...

F

Fagane

I found the MG climb points the best in his report. It would make for more intresting fights and it makes the effective blocking of a MG a bit more dificult.

Fagane

L

loxleyhood

Thing is theres a rather large delay in the time you shoot your arrow and the time it hits your target. There has been many occaisions where:

Shoot bow at assasin --> Assasin stealths --> Arrow hits + uncovers

So I don't think thats specifically a vanish issue.

And hell, I know a lot of infis who wouldn't describe it as worthless, typically its more along the lines of, "hehe, I wub vanish." :p

E

Ekydus

Well I found when playing a 50 Infiltrator that when I choose (or rather need) to use Vanish, I will use it and from here I have about a 40% chance of it being successful. The times you use it are to escape situations that will inevitably involve, and end in death, mainly for yourself. You will use the Vanish RA, then some bastard Bard etc. will mezz you, giving away your position and uncovering you for the kill. Leaving you sitting, or standing, screaming at your screen.

A

Arnor

Im impressed, this was a well thought out tl report. Just need to find out for myself how the pet intercept works, or if its as bad as they want it to seem.

Z

zlair

I can only agree on the cap CS problems with SC gear :(

being full crit the dmg on PA from a lower crit (who then has even more in DW hence i have 0 in dw) is not that different tbh.

the suggestion on removing the absorb on armur when PAing and also make the difference from 50 cs and e.g. 39 cs higher would make more true infils rather than those mercfils we see hanging around.

the Vanish issue... well, as Lox state it, the time it takes from firing - vanish - and arrow hit and then unstealth is also a problem, but that can be lived with by a good infil knowing to Vanish just after 1 arrow have hit him (or be very lucky ;) ).

I wouldnt give shit loads for grp members to be able to c their fellow infils in stealth... that wouldnt be good, cuz it would also incourrage even more stealther grps, of which i sure wont like to see around :(

the dude have some nice pointers there :clap:

E

Ekydus

Nah it's understandable...

Best TL Report out to date IMO. All class TLs should think like this chap.

L

loxleyhood

No, tbh the infi TL isn't that great. Very rarely posts on rogue boards. Of course he isn't the worst because he delivers sound and fair reports, but he isn't the best by far.

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Originally posted by loxleyhood
No, tbh the infi TL isn't that great. Very rarely posts on rogue boards. Of course he isn't the worst because he delivers sound and fair reports, but he isn't the best by far.

I can agree people would not post much on the VN boards, I know Oaklief would try to stay away from there also :p
Climbing points on the MG's would make for some fun... casters getting ganked :p
But then people will complain, cause Albion has 2 classes that can climb those points, others only one.
Regards, Glottis

L

loxleyhood

Originally posted by Glottis_Xanadu

But then people will complain, cause Albion has 2 classes that can climb those points, others only one.
Regards, Glottis

Where the logic is that minstrels can climb and scouts can't I dunno. :p

S

Silenzio

wondering if that guy has an infil or just watched someone else palying...

vanish is not ip... yess it doest clera target n its sad but is far from uselless

n im sure... none from mythik will give a Fxyzk at moa =)

bb

O

old.LandShark

It doesn't do what it's supposed to; it's only good for double perfing, not for escaping. I mean "vanish" doesn't make you vanish; I think he's within his rights to say it's useless.

F

froler-mid

well i liked those ideas about MG climb spots(make em climbable for ALL classes...)

and the See Hidden in group would absolutly ROCK, i mean in 'regular groups', can get healed etc when your stealthed..

+poison weapon for ALL group members in a FAST way, mayby some castable group buff, that needs too recast every time the poison on group members weapon is gone...

but we know Mytic dont listen too our TL's...soo feck it :D

O

old.LandShark

Should be able to see friendly stealthers at all times tbh, it's just fecking annoying.
Oh and I'll take this opportunity to repeat my "5 stealthers sitting on top of each other should be far, far easier to see" whine.

I

ilienwyn

I would prefer it if 5 stealthers or whatever classes couldn't "sit" on each other. It would look more reasonable...

P

Pandemic

mmm quite an interesting report but there isnt going to be any overall change implemented for sometime for albs meant to be mid next i thought ? or was that just some rumour ?

B

belth

He pretty much quit posting on VNBoards because it always degenerated in to flaming.

B

belth

Originally posted by Silenzio
wondering if that guy has an infil or just watched someone else palying...

vanish is not ip... yess it doest clera target n its sad but is far from uselless

n im sure... none from mythik will give a Fxyzk at moa =)

bb

3DK has been playing since... US Beta?

O

old.Sepiritz

Shoot bow at assasin --> Assasin stealths --> Arrow hits + uncovers

If I remember correctly, twas a long time ago since i had vanish, I think it was more in the lines of archer targets you and nocks bow, vanish, archer can still fire off the arrow and uncover..
And that is 'a bit' annoying. :)

S

Silenzio

Originally posted by belth
3DK has been playing since... US Beta?

what a shame then :)

(hem... ever heard ov sarcasm?) :p

B

belth

Yes but I don't see any of that in this thread or it's very bad...

G

Gorbash

vanish, although a little buggy, has still saved my arse on countless occasions. so therefore, i wub it :D

J

jox

And you guys complain about Vanish...

Have you ever heard about something called Shadowrun?

Z

zlair

Originally posted by jox

:uhoh:

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Where the logic is that minstrels can climb and scouts can't I dunno. :p

I think Mythic feels giving archers this ability will make them a bit overpowered. Scouts climbs into keep, and starts killing :)
Would be fun though, and give assasins more work during a keep defense, and would give archers a more offensive task at keep takes. Mythic is mysterious in its ways.

Originally posted by jox

Shadow Run Active 30 min. 10 0 0 0 0 N/A N/A Your run speed while steathed is boosted for 30 seconds.

Oh, joy :p
I would bitch a little about this ra :) Maybe nice to get away from an enemy stealth zerg in the middle of an enemy zerg? Or just put 10 points into Mastery of Stealth, which you can use all the time :)
Regards, Glottis

B

belth

Drop timer to 10 mins on Shadowrun and lower cost to 8 and it might actually be used :p Maybe... Yes it sucks royal arse, with the LA-fix SBs should get a better RA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom