Infil weapon question

C

cantho

Hi,

i have a low level infil alt and currently using a Broadsword as Main weapon and a fast dagger as offhand weapon.

I read that having a slow weapon with higher DPS is better for your CS attack. Here my question, would it be wise to use a Jambiya or Sabre as mainhand weapon or stay with the broadsword ?

B

belth

See which has highest damage... DPS x SPD higher, use that for for perfing tanks etc, fast weapons for casters so they don't get to cast (even with QC), unless you're sure you can take em down before they QC stun & other stupid things on you ;)

C

cantho

Those jayimbas and sabres have lower SPD and higher DPS so guess they are a win-win thing ?

B

belth

Re: ...

Originally posted by cantho
Those jayimbas and sabres have lower SPD and higher DPS so guess they are a win-win thing ?

In arcanium, bastard sword is 3.9 spd and propably 16.1 or 16.2 dps, whereas Jambiyas & Sabres are both 16.5 dps (afaik) and 2.6/3.6 spd, if I remember right. 3.9x16.2=63.18 damage/swing, 2.6x16.5=42.9 damage/swing and 3.6x16.5=59.4 damage/swing - this assuming ofcourse RR5+, the difference between the jambs & sabs is larger compared to bastard sword, in favor of the latter ofcourse ;)
Numbers maybe a bit off, but the end result wont vary enough because of the possible 0.1 offsets.

Bastard sword gives highest damage, but for spellcrafting, you don't want one at 50, as it has less imbue points. Unless you can get a masterpiece bastard for the price of a 99 qua sabre.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom