Infil Spec - Your Choice

Ucallme

Banned
Ok Seriously...

Infil (Slash Only)

Ive tried numerous specs out with R11 infil and the damage output is pretty good but I do know I can improve on Damage Output. I want to get 110% out of the infil but I think im getting about 90% out of it at the moment.

My current spec:
30+21 Stealth
50+21 Crit Strike
44+21 Dual
33+21 Slash
29+21 Venom (Swapping Items)

RA Setup:

4 Str
2 Con
2 Long Wind
2 Tough
4 MoPain
2 MoStealth
2 Viper
3 Purge
1 Vanish

So heres where you guys come in.

1) Best Spec for R11
2) RA Set Up (106 points to spend)
3) Best Weapons to use
4) Stats with buffs

Well everything you guys can think off which would be helpful for other infils aswel (e.g: Swing Speed / Cap Damage etc...)
Also try to explain the Pro's and Con's with the spec's you choose too.
(Theres not much I havn't tried but to get the MAX damage output I dont think I have achieved yet)

Amphrax/Arauddry

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
Ok Seriously...

Infil (Slash Only)

Ive tried numerous specs out with R11 infil and the damage output is pretty good but I do know I can improve on Damage Output. I want to get 110% out of the infil but I think im getting about 90% out of it at the moment.

My current spec:
30+21 Stealth
50+21 Crit Strike
44+21 Dual
33+21 Slash

RA Setup:

4 Str
2 Con
2 Long Wind
2 Tough
4 MoPain
2 MoStealth
2 Viper
3 Purge
1 Vanish

1) Best Spec for R11
3) Best Weapons to use
4) Stats with buffs

Well everything you guys can think off which would be helpful for other infils aswel (e.g: Swing Speed / Cap Damage etc...)
(Theres not much I havn't tried but to get the MAX damage output I dont think I have achieved yet)

Amphrax/Arauddry

Im a noob on infs -.- only thing i can see is that the 33+21 slash could be reduced 29+21 (50) and increase DW since you would be using that one more then slash attacks :p
if im completly wrong ignore me :D

Ucallme

Banned
Im a noob on infs -.- only thing i can see is that the 33+21 slash could be reduced 29+21 (50) and increase DW since you would be using that one more then slash attacks :p
if im completly wrong ignore me :D

low Slash = low Weapon skill - low Weapon skill = more chance of enemy blocking/evading/parrying

At the mo im trying out different specs again.

30+21 Stealth
50+21 Crit
42+21 Dual
36+21 Slash (Purely for the Weaponskill)
29+21 Venom

my main concern is trying to get more Damage Output which is why im posting on here to see if any others can share there ideas.

Amphrax/Arauddry

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
low Slash = low Weapon skill - low Weapon skill = more chance of enemy blocking/evading/parrying

30+21 Stealth
50+21 Crit
42+21 Dual
36+21 Slash (Purely for the Weaponskill)
29+21 Venom

Amphrax/Arauddry

Nah, the bloke's right, go for low weapon :p I wouldn't lie to you now, would I? ;)

Tip

One of Freddy's beloved
Ok Seriously...

Infil (Slash Only)

My current spec:
30+21 Stealth
50+21 Crit Strike
44+21 Dual
33+21 Slash

RA Setup:

4 Str
2 Con
2 Long Wind
2 Tough
4 MoPain
2 MoStealth
2 Viper
3 Purge
1 Vanish

1) Best Spec for R11
3) Best Weapons to use
4) Stats with buffs

Amphrax/Arauddry

29+21 Stealth (50 stealth)
50+21 Crit Strike (bread and butter)
48+21 Dual
30+21 Slash (composite 51 weapon spec/wyrd)
29+21 Venom (50 venom/lifebane)

Think thats about as good as it gets Max Damage :)

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH

ok then :p like tip said 30+21 then for 51 composite slash and therefore max weapon skill with slash :D

aika

Can't get enough of FH
as far as i know weaponskill that is gained from weapon spec above 51 doesnt benefit your dmg or to hit chance if youre using styles from other line.

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
as far as i know weaponskill that is gained from weapon spec above 51 doesnt benefit your dmg or to hit chance if youre using styles from other line.

Thank god there are lots of people that believe this :fluffle:

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
50 DW, 50 Slash on my. Don't need PA to kill anything and Amy + Dia is sick to hit bonus and damage.

aika

Can't get enough of FH
Thank god there are lots of people that believe this :fluffle:

That what Wyrd spec is all about though.. It might have changed in recent patches, I wasnt really following, however when I was 50 thrust my dmg was lower than with 34 thrust using cs styles..

EvilDonut

Fledgling Freddie
What about the whole thrust vs slash issue?

I went saracen so slash would be pretty poor for me as its 100% str based, however as thrust is 50/50 str/dex it is a better choice for high-dex-low-str infs.

Are you saracen or briton? I always thought saracen=thrust and briton=slash or thrust (either is good)

The weaponskill showed to you in your character builder is "just a number" and is not directly used in the game's internal formulae for calculating blocks etc. There is a post explaining this here: http://daoc.catacombs.com/forum.cfm?ThreadKey=10835&DefMessage=720228&forum=44 (catas is down at the moment so try google cache, search for 'weaponskill "just a number"', second result).

So if that post is to be believed (and it looks fairly well tested, its a long well structured post etc) then you will gain no benefit to your weaponskill past 50(or 51? not sure about this) even though your UI shows that your WS increases. If this is the case then you can spec 29+21 slash and your hit/miss rate (and CS damage) should be exactly the same as if you specced 50+21.

You could always roll a lvl20 inf to check this out - do one test with 20+5 slash and one test with 15+5 slash, then go fight a load of mobs and see if there was any difference in ht/miss rates. If you have a spare couple of hours that is, and by the fact your main inf is RR11 I guess that won't be a problem :p

Tip mentioned this spec:
29+21 Stealth (50 stealth)
50+21 Crit Strike (bread and butter)
48+21 Dual
30+21 Slash (composite 51 weapon spec/wyrd)
29+21 Venom (50 venom/lifebane)

This looks like the 'optimal' spec and you should probably go this if there really is no weap skill benefit past composite 51 even though the WS number shown in your UI increases after 51.

By the way, I've just dinged my inf to 50 and its only RR2 at the moment, and the damage sucks vs most things. Can anyone spot where I'm going wrong? I have a non-final template scraped together for about 2 plat. This template gives +89str, +90dex and caps all skills apart from DW which is 2 under cap. My spec is 50+12CS, 39+12 Thrust, 37+12 Stealth/Envenom, 25+10 DW. When buffed, I have 309 str, 301 con, 380 dex, 261 qui, 1807 hits, 1413 weapskill. I have MP crafted+SCd weapons, weap speeds 3.9/2.4.

How do these numbers compare to others? I have a feeling that str is very low for an inf seeing as I'm missing 12 from absolute cap and I'm saracen with no aug str.

My main problem is that when I hit something it doesnt die, infact its health hardly goes down - even if its a caster. In thid I remember 1-2 shotting most casters but now I'll be lucky to survive an attempt.

I did a PA on a caster yesterday for 620(-396) damage (round about). This suggests they had an overall thrust resist of around 39% which is quite high. Even so, is that ok damage for a caster? His health hardly seemed to budge and he escaped back into the keep with relative ease.

Any suggestions?

aika

Can't get enough of FH
1) You need a template with 10% dmg and style bonus
2) You need more str
3) Do you envenom your weapons?
4) I'm specced 50 cs currently and most casters die after cd
5) 620 PA, if you put enervating on mainhand and dot on offhand you should kill him within the next 2-3 hits.

and yeah you can still one shot casters :)

EvilDonut

Fledgling Freddie
1) Aye the template is probably the main issue, alongside my low RR. Am a bit short on plat at the moment so that will have to wait :) Can still get some artis though I guess.

2) Yep - I was thinking about getting aug str before aug dex - mistake? depends on whether or not dex has a soft cap or not, if not then dex would be better as it helps evades

3) Always - I'm not sure which combination is best. At the moment I'm using disease and WS/con on my main/offhand and having DoT on my secondary mainhand. I usually change weaps after the PA chain to DoT if I think I need it. I don't have lifebane yet as I'm using an RR3 spec/template and am only RR2. Am I right in thinking disease further reduces strength thus weakening most melee classes even more?

lol nice 1 shot - although by the looks of it that caster had 0% melee resist.

Oh another reason my damage sucks is I only mave MoS3 and no other RAs. I was meaning to ask about RAs actually - is MoS3 worth it? Is it right that it only benefits you vs rangers/hunters? I do like the 15% speed bonus, dunno if I'd like reducing it to MoS2 and only 10% bonus. What are other priorities? Purge 2 obviously, but should I go for that before any damage passives?

aika

Can't get enough of FH
You dont need anything above mos2, the only thing it gives you is speed :)

and yes purge is nice to have :)

Yes, Disease reduces a bit of str, makes them move slower and halves the healings cast upon them (as well as stop natural regeneration)

I would say purge2 and then some mopain and aug dex/str.. then you can get some viper ^^

Also being cl10 really helps, as you get 20% more hp, so it will be hard at starts, but if you stick to this char and get it a temp/cl10/some more rr's you will realise that infs are great fun and can kill anything basically :)

EvilDonut

Fledgling Freddie
Pity I used my free realm respec to spec from mos2/vanish to mos3...oh well.

I'll definitely be templating this guy as I'm having a lot of fun playing infs even tho the damage isn't amazing yet. Only about 8k till RR3 too which will help, and only just dinged CL1 so CL10 should give more survivability.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom