stealth 38
CS 44
DW 15
Thrust 50
Poison 34

autotraining stealth til 20 and leavin 4 points over :(

P

Pin

Viable, but I think there's a bit of dough poking out.

Drop stealth to 36, stick it in DW.

Aaaaah, that's a better-shaped cookie.

C

Ckiller ofDust

but that will leave 9 points over :(

i understand that higher dw means more dmg in a longer fight but 9 points over kinda makes autoin stealth til 20 makes it useless?

P

Pin

Originally posted by Ckiller ofDust
but that will leave 9 points over :(

i understand that higher dw means more dmg in a longer fight but 9 points over kinda makes autoin stealth til 20 makes it useless?

So? Raise slash to 4 then if all you care about is seeing no points left over :rolleyes:

C

Ckiller ofDust

ye but 6+9 = 15 and cant add that in any of the styles i use :(

i know what u mean pin but the thing is if ive gone trhough the trouble of autoin a skill id like to get use from the points :)

is lifebane really worth it? mean get 50 poison?

P

Pin

Originally posted by Ckiller ofDust
ye but 6+9 = 15 and cant add that in any of the styles i use :(

i know what u mean pin but the thing is if ive gone trhough the trouble of autoin a skill id like to get use from the points :)

is lifebane really worth it? mean get 50 poison?

Leaving stealth untrained means you level easier as you can put all your points into weaponskill and poison, so it's no trouble at all autoing stealth.

Lifebane is not really worth it. The difference between Insidious (45) and Lifebane (50) used to be 48 damage over 20 seconds. Now that it's effected by body resists, you'd be lucky to see 35 points difference over 20 seconds, and against someone grouped (resist buffs), it's more like 25 points.

T

Tranquil-

What about resist rates with lvl 45 vs 50 poisons? Is there any real differance?

P

Pin

Originally posted by Tranquil-
What about resist rates with lvl 45 vs 50 poisons? Is there any real differance?

A couple of percent difference.

B

belth

I'm using Insidious Lethal Venom and seeing mostly 40-60 dmg/tick, depending on resists.

By autotraining stealth to 24, you can get
19 stealth (18 if autotraining ends before lvl24)
18 slash or thrust
21 CS
17 envenom
in Thidranki. Gets you 24 modified stealth and the first enervating poison (with +5 env ofc) which is a major improvement over the Strength-only debuffs.

J

jua-cosmos-jua

infs dmg is really low so you really need the dw as pin says.. at lvl 50 you see that your first weapon hits for 150 dmg while your second for 90 you really need the dw just for chance not the styles. With mastery of pain it makes a lot of difference too, and yeah infs get so many points to spend, its a shame you dont have lifebane, thats a 60-74 dmg per tick about.. a friendly advice... never put more than 36 base stealth and envenom : ) at rr4 which is easy to get you ll have 50 with items.. stealth and envenom are the only skills that if you have it more than 50 you get nothing new, while thrust or cs can give you some more weaponskill and dw some chances for the second hand to hit.

A

Arthwyr

Being fortunate enough of having level 50 at the time they introduced the respec and the bug that gave you infinite respec I tested out a spec with 50 base dw/24cs 35basedw/34cs and20base dw/44cs regarding maximum damage and offhand hitting.

In both the 35dw and50dw my dw ended up being over50 thx to item and along with duellist reflexes 2 the nr of times I swinged both weapons at the same time wasnt that different.

The 44cs and 50dw base spec had a slightly higher damage cap and more consistant damage output then the 35dw 34cs one but I didn't find that the 50dw style was good enough to give up the PA/Creepingdeath combo wich is very usefull for taking out casters. The 20dw/44 spec had roughly the same damage caps but the extra damage made by the higher CS spec was neglectable since the offhand damage was often missing. sure 34 vs 44 pa gives 90more in damage cap but the offhand hit on a PA is good for 100ish damage as well + possible crit x2 instead of x1

So overall the 34cs/35 dw both +17now provided slightly less max damage but more consistent damage over a longer period of time. Hope this made sense a bit :)

B

belth

I certainly don't miss either Lifebane nor do I miss Perforate Artery much. I'd say I average approx. 125 damage on caster with Backstab1 and Shadow's Edge/Penumbra is pretty much guaranteed to kill them, with my offhand hitting (and proccing DoT usually) most of the time. Maybe 75% of the casters (even the RR8 etc ones) are too slow to prevent me from doing Shadow's Edge, but that's their problem and my RPs gained. Looking forward to /respec all at RR7 if I still play by that time, Backstab2 will give 1s longer stun (guaranteed Shadow's Edge) and ~50 more damage.

Lifebane? ~10 more damage/tick if even that. Pfft, it's not something I look forward to that much.

J

jua-cosmos-jua

i am guessing lifebane will be a little harder to resist too than the lower poison

K

K0nah

36stealth
34cs
34dw
50thrust
34env

is my favorite cookie.

hazelnut AND choc chip!

if u auto'd to 20 instead of 24 make it 35stealth/35env and 0 points left over ;)

K

Karam_gruul

Originally posted by K0nah
36stealth
34cs
34dw
50thrust
34env

is my favorite cookie.

hazelnut AND choc chip!

if u auto'd to 20 instead of 24 make it 35stealth/35env and 0 points left over ;)

rubbish spec imo,

the whole point of infils is to bloody surprise people by owning them in like 2 hits. i really dont know why everyone bothers speccing 50 thrust etc, as its blatently just not the style an infil should be, might aswell just roll a fucking armsman.

in a months time an infil spec will be:

50DW,
0CS
0Stealth
0thrust
0env

just because...... its uber?

noobs

N

Novamir

wrong karam, as usual :rolleyes:

but spec your inf how you want. more noobfils is fine.

F

froler-mid

Originally posted by Karam_gruul

as its blatently just not the style an infil should be, might aswell just roll a fucking armsman.

yea, but stealthing armsman kinda rocks...no?........

:m00:

Originally posted by K0nah
36stealth
34cs
34dw
50thrust
34env

is my favorite cookie.

hazelnut AND choc chip!

good spec, but do 36cs instead of 36stealth ;D

L

lissandra

Dont listen to Remi the Myrmidon gimp (r3l9???)

J

jua-cosmos-jua

yes lower your weaponskill more.. now cs 34..... i lowered it from 44 to 39 and my weaponskill droped by 40 points.. cant imagine if i did it 34.. id get evaded everytime by sbs...

P

Pin

Originally posted by jua-cosmos-jua
yes lower your weaponskill more.. now cs 34..... i lowered it from 44 to 39 and my weaponskill droped by 40 points.. cant imagine if i did it 34.. id get evaded everytime by sbs...

CS has no effect on weaponskill.

J

jua-cosmos-jua

pin i did a respec some days ago from 44 cs to 39 i had 1080 weaponskill and it droped to 1031... you have an url to support that?

P

Pin

Originally posted by jua-cosmos-jua
pin i did a respec some days ago from 44 cs to 39 i had 1080 weaponskill and it droped to 1031... you have an url to support that?

The only things that would effect your weaponskill (as a thruster) are Thrust skill, Dexterity and Strength, so either you are mis-remembering, or you changed one (or more) of those.

J

jua-cosmos-jua

hm if you are sure then i think its the missremembering reason...

T

Tranquil-

Easy to find out, just remove some +CS items and see if the WeapSkill changes.

B

belth

I respecced... Had 1043 unbuffed weapskill, 43 more CS now, still same weapskill. Doesn't affect.

G

Greezy

CS has no effect on weaponskill.

better PA dmg tho

and autotraining with stealth can also be done at lvl 40 through the /respec stealth single line respec so no need to make it more difficult for urself as u lvl

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom