Inf base-spec

C

Cowled

Hehe, tonights biggest discussion on #celticfist: Inf base-spec.

Class: Inf
Race: Saracen
Spec: Thrust

And some facts:
Thrust is 50% dex / 50% str
Evade is 50% quick / 50% dex

What would u spec? And what do your inf have?
Some suggestions:

10 con, 10dex, 10 str.. massive good damage, but not good evade.
10 con, 10dex, 10 quick.. good evade, less dmg.

:)

Suggestions ppl!

Remember buffs

Str can be buffed by 2 buffs.
Con by 2 buffs
Quick by only one buff.

B

belth

10 con/str/qui. I'd switch to those if I could.

L

-Lonewolf-

10 Con
10 Str
10 Qui

Dexterity maxs out too easily so forget points in it

K

knockout

well i had the same dillema and i worked it out by doing

10 DEX
10 QUICK
5 STR
5 CON

B

belth

Originally posted by knockout
well i had the same dillema and i worked it out by doing

10 DEX
10 QUICK
5 STR
5 CON

Went that with my toon but I'd rather go the 10x3 one, got enough Dex as it is but not enough Con :(

T

Tharion

I see alot of ppl saying dex maxes out quickly, but by getting 10 in it from the start you raise your cap.

But if you need 10 more dex capped and unbuffed then the others, that I do not know :)

Matter of opinion i guess.

R

Ragnarok1978

I was under the impression that "the lower the quickness, the better"?

Or perhaps the old "swing slow, but hit like a truck" doesn't go anymore?

L

-Lonewolf-

I don't believe it does increase your cap by raising Dex initially

Because i had maxed it out by lvl 40-45 and got no more increases in it for the rest of my lvls

Better putting it in Con to get those extra HP's

Trust me from many moons of experience

K

K0nah

it still goes but when ur only defence is evade..

F

Flimgoblin

Lower quickness means your individual styled hits will do more damage (base damage won't change) but you'll do less damage over time.

your max stat is starting+200+level bonus at level 50 (including all buffs/item bonuses)

level bonus is either 45, 30 or 15 depending on whether it's primary secondary or tertiary stat...

and 10 difference in a stat makes very little difference anyway :)
I'd go strength so I could carry more :)

O

old.Error404

Briton
Infiltrator ~ !!

10 DEX
10 CON
5 STR
5 QUI

Thrust are 25 % str and 75% rest dex ~~

C

Cowled

Originally posted by -Lonewolf-
10 Con
10 Str
10 Qui

Dexterity maxs out too easily so forget points in it

But u need +dex cos it raises the cap. Oo

T

Tranquil-

Saracen;
10 str(thrust is 50/50 dex/str)
10 con(The higher con the more hp you have left after a debuff, aswell as a bit more hp)
10 qui(2% faster attackspeed, more evade, note that qui caps out from having an effect at 250, dex cap is 300)

(Note that Saracen has 5% heat racial resist(briton has 5% spirit). Heat is Hibernia's caster stun.

If you look at a lvl 50 saracen infiltrator with my above spec, look at the thrust damage formula(50/50 str/dex). At lvl 50 that inf will have 75str 60con 125dex 93qui, unbuffed, without any items(add 75 to all stats to get stats with item cap). Back to the thrust formula; it will give you 200(just a number to describe the damagecap)

Another saracen infiltrator might want to spec 10str 10con 10dex,
that spec gives you 75str 60con 135dex 83qui.
Apply the same thrust formula and you have 210, that gives you a higher damagecap, but will that extra damage give you an advantage over the combined effect 10qui will? 10 qui gives 2% faster weapons and it increases evade probably more than the 10 extra dex at the top end will. Add buffs to this and you will cap out on dex faster than any other stat. The only stat that gives you something back which gives a clear notice is str and con(to some extent). Str gives you higher enc capacity, and con gives you some hp, and the ability to have more hp after a con debuff(same with any other debuff). The stats give you linear results in all other cases, except at the high end where you experience diminishing returns. Also to give or take 5 won't make a good or bad player, nor make your toon good or bad. It's like describing flawless vs perfect. Mythic have made hardcaps on every stat, which makes balance important if you want that tiny bit that comes extra. Not the extra from one direction, versatility and overall performance gives you the best bang for the buck.

B

belth

Originally posted by old.Mitsu
Gotta remember diminishing returns though :eek:

That's why I strongly suggest not putting points to dex as saracen infiltrator, as points after 200 are half as effective as the ones before 200 :(

S

sars

well...

Should make a briton......

dex is maxed out in the 40ies any way so why waste the points in the high 40ies ...... make room for growth..

10dex,10str,10qui

P

Pin

Put 18 in Empathy, it really makes such a little difference.

K

K0nah

Saracens are also smaller and darker, a minor point perhaps but not to be overlooked. ya, if u gonna have a buffbot or regular buffs brit is best statwise as above.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom