Increasing Focus Shield damage?

Nix

Fledgling Freddie
I've been wondering this many times when I've been nibbling down some big ugly mofo mobs hit points with my chanter's focus damage shield... Is there any way to raise the damage my focus shield does?

Does acuity affect it? Ress illness doesnt seem to lower it... Maybe buff bonus? Has anyone tested this out?

deez

Fledgling Freddie
Focus + Dmg shield = more dmg ... but no pet passive and use mcl ;>

Nix

Fledgling Freddie
deez said:
Focus + Dmg shield = more dmg ... but no pet passive and use mcl ;>

Exactly, I was looking for a way to raise the focus shield damage somehow. Guess I'll run some tests with some buffbonus gear on the chanter... FDS damage variance is quite big so might get no sensible results out of it :(

Taxii

One of Freddy's beloved
Full enchantment speced "Spell Pierce" buff for the pet seems to afffect it slightly, but not worth mentioning. But it takes too long to kill stuff like that .. tho i could take some pretty heavy stuff and also the while pit in CM without even having to heal :D

Nix

Fledgling Freddie
Taxii said:
Full enchantment speced "Spell Pierce" buff for the pet seems to afffect it slightly, but not worth mentioning. But it takes too long to kill stuff like that .. tho i could take some pretty heavy stuff and also the while pit in CM without even having to heal :D

I want to keep my chanter viable for RvR too, going enchantments is a no-no :)

What does that piercing magic exactly do?

Wonder if resist pierce affects mobs too? That would at least raise the damage if it does...

Donledirse

Fledgling Freddie
I would imagine you could increase the dmg if you could debuff the dmg type. Maybe bring a void eld along with you :)

Nix

Fledgling Freddie
Donledirse said:
I would imagine you could increase the dmg if you could debuff the dmg type. Maybe bring a void eld along with you :)

Hmm, sounds good, but mostly I need the damage increase on very high level mobs, which will probably resist the energy debuff anyways... A tank with Sun Weapon could do the trick too :p

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Chanters focus shield has been nerfed <last nerf a chanter got abit before toa> for the reason that even a chanter in rogs unbuffed could focus a purple nightmare or suchlike np :D

Loved that on my old chanter tbh , and its kinda unfair as Chanters are so0o0o0o the strongest petted caster out there ... cough :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom