Incoming!

O

old.Tohtori

Well someone adviced me to post here as well on this matter. Going to start in Pryd / Albion (duh!) as a mage and there on as a sorceress. Probably even today. My point is, to ask pointers :p

So any hints and tips would be greatly appreciated since..well..i'm a nuubian in the whole darn land of camelot :rolleyes:

Mostly wold like tips bout playing the sorc. So any will do! Pwease? :D

O

old.HiredGoon

well, been there meself, so heres what i learned:

First, visualise the kind of character you want.
do you wanna be albe solo? do you wanna do damage, and if so, does it have to be MASSIVE?

solo players:

You need charm. you need damage.
Mind for charm, Body for damage (DoT is in matter, but you get it in base line)
Debuffs are just a spice here, and mezzmerize is your lifesaver.
also, RvR should be fairly fun with this approach

Group players:

You are THE supportclass, if you know how to play it well.

You need mezz. LOTS of mezz. you need debuffs. you need a bit of damage, for times when youre bored :p

Mind, 3/4 spec. When i hit around lvl 25, i was able to mezz purple cons 80% of the time. i even mezed a lvl 50 in RvR once. POWAH.

Mezz doesnt kill tho.

Debuffs are nice. specially yours, with all the AOE stuff :)
You get the beasic ones, and you get one AOE in mind.

Matter:
DoTs
(not sure if it applies to the sorceror as well, but the DoTs are stackable for the mentalist, so i assume it is for sorc as well. subject to testing tho). This is your damage output (along with drains, which is nice. not too high damage tho, and they aggro like mad. Good news is, they come in baseline Body)

another AOE debuff here. nice1

You also get some amneisa and confusion stuff.. Can be handy.

(confusion is imho the WORST group spell ever invented tho. great for solo, but devasting for group tactics)

This approach proved to have some flaws RvR wise. It is not a damage dealer. it wont kill stuff. The mezz rawks, but is that what you want? the debuffs i found the most fun..
NOTHING beats seing a troll sulking in the corner because his precious strength is now down to an alltime favorite of 70 :) (yes, debuffs CAN stack. basline str with spec str/con for example)

Im currently considering what a Body/matter sorc would be like, but my guess is that it will only be really good at damage, and a wiz will own it any day of the week. Interesting idea, tho

Lastly, i think sorcs are too versatile to go full specc in, say, mind. you would be VERY good at what you do, granted. but you would gimp yourself, as you are capable of MUCH more.
So pick 2 lines and specc 2/3. my advice :)

O

old.Tohtori

Blink!

Oooh...this will do....nice nice...A lot more help then i was even hoping for so ta :p

I

ignore

:uhoh: yea..we really don't need a sorcerer because there's always sooo many of em and, oh my, so little infiltrators around nowadays :p

DO ALBION A FAVOR AND STOP MAKING MORE INFILTRATORS!!!

btw..am I on the advisor list or is a lvl50 infiltrator not on /anon asking to spammed with "hi, whats your spec?"

IT IS: 37 stealth
42 slash
14 dual wield
50 critical strike
39 envenom

And yes! i know the level of gimpness off this spec so plz don' t point it out :p

O

old.Atrox

yea make an Inf... last /who inf only showed like 350ish hits... we are in great need of infils!!!!

anyway, Im going for 41body 34mind, okish DD and even con Pets
solo orange/red cons without anyproblems

another common spec is 48body 24mind ( good dmg, green con pet at lvl50 low radius aemezz )

Get to know your spells and in what situations they might become handy

M

Meatballs

lol hitokiri me and listepik was bitching together about people /advizing us for THE best spec and OUR specs all the time

I got so fed up with being asked whats the best etc I removed myself from being an advisor. Im glad some people are taking the initiative like Iunzana who is going for a proper dual wielding spec inf :D

O

old.Krusha

Well isnt Midgard the Realm of Melee, Hibernia the realm of Magic and Albion the Realm of Stealth?

Or no?

:p

O

old.Sko

Originally posted by ignore

IT IS: 37 stealth
42 slash
14 dual wield
50 critical strike
39 envenom

And yes! i know the level of gimpness off this spec so plz don' t point it out :p [/B]

I`m more gimped than you hito ;P
So please don`t call yourself a gimp - you cannot even approach the level of my gimpnedom :)

S

slapmesilly..

Originally posted by old.Kladen
stop it slapmesilly

Hahaha, finally someone noticed this thread is over 5 months old :p

E

Ezeine

DON'T make a sorceres. You will regret it later.

Make an inf! :p

The peoples drunk has spoken

Edit: Whoops 3 months old ? I guess the guy has left the building :E

O

old.Sko

Originally posted by Ezeine
DON'T make a sorceres. You will regret it later.

Make an inf! :p
... and regret it earlier :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom