Inactive characters to lose names

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/15...s-character-name-reclamation-coming-9-15-2014

With the upcoming Warlords of Draenor pre-patch (6.0.2), we will be releasing sidelined characters’ names back into the wild. Any characters that have not logged into the game since November 13, 2008 will have their names freed up, making them available to anyone creating a new character or using the paid Character Name Change service.

How Do I Preserve My Names?
You will need to log in to World of Warcraft and enter the game using each character whose name you wish to retain before patch 6.0.2 goes live. While it is possible no one will claim your recently released name and you might be able to snag it again, it is probably not worth the risk if you want to keep your names intact long-term.

Our goal with this great name liberation is to make sure new and returning players have a large and varied pool of names available to choose from—so log in now if you wish preserve your unused characters’ names for your journey intro Draenor.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Brilliant.

If you don't want people to tarnish your name (I know about this, Don't I Blood... :p) then come pay us 10 dollars to keep your name!

DavidH

Part of the furniture
I'm not sure why everyone is saying that you have to resub. Every account that has been inactive for that long surely will have a 10 day free trial waiting for activation. I see this is as a positive for the players :) Plus it saves Blizzard alot of answering tickets about freeing up names :p

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Also helps with future mergers.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I'm not sure why everyone is saying that you have to resub. Every account that has been inactive for that long surely will have a 10 day free trial waiting for activation. I see this is as a positive for the players :) Plus it saves Blizzard alot of answering tickets about freeing up names :p
well

welll

wlell

FUCK YOU

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Note to self/all: After not playing WoW for nearly 3 years, you forget how the game works.

WHY IS INVENTORY BUTTON NOT 'I' BY DEFAULT?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom