In two weeks time today I shall be...

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
I haven't done it before, but have friends who have. Just make sure you have good support with you to pretty much pamper you between the climbs, and ideally a way of getting some good sleep between Ben Nevis and Scafell. I hope you're not affected by traffic too much as the roads can be bad in the middle of August (especially in North Wales - I grew up there, and unfortunately I can't give you any alternative traffic-avoiding routes to Snowdon, its the A55 or nothing).

All that as well as the usual advice - drink lots and keep your food reserves up :)

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Fm from {Kea} just done this last weekend. I think I should get it done myself some of the photos were just fantastic.

Roa play CSS more noob :p

Roalith

Can't get enough of FH
Calaen said:
Fm from {Kea} just done this last weekend. I think I should get it done myself some of the photos were just fantastic.

Roa play CSS more noob :p

Any servers kicking around? :p

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
aye ill post it tonight

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Break a leg Roalith!

Oh wait, that's what you say to actors, not walkers! :p

Delket

One of Freddy's beloved
Good old Roa, hi!

Anyway hire a helicopter, fly to each 3 and done. New record time!

Wild

One of Freddy's beloved
cHodAX said:
Break a leg Roalith!

its ankles not leg you crazy fool !

Good luck Roalith and dont forget your hinges ! u never know u might get bored climing and decide to make a lil extra gold on the side coz there is bound to be a lil metal in the mountains !

Lethul

FH is my second home
lol @ UK mountains. or shall we call it hills? ;)

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Lethul said:
lol @ UK mountains. or shall we call it hills? ;)

We have mountains! Quite a few actually, well technically they are moutains :p

Roalith

Can't get enough of FH
I can't believe I actually brought a head torch yesterday for use on the first two moutains. Look such a pleb :D

Roalith

Can't get enough of FH
Got back yesterday morning from completing the Three Peaks Challenge, and took a few photos along the way. My legs are still absolutely destroyed, and I'm glad I'm not back at work till Tuesday, that's for sure!

We left at 8am on Monday, finally reaching Glen Nevis Youth Hostel around 10pm from Surrey. We started the challenge at 4pm on Tuesday 22nd, and finished at about 3:15 on Wednesday the 23rd. And no, we didn't get much sleep.

The minibus. 12 of us in a 17 seater, plus bags, for something along the lines of 2000 miles. Not the most comfortable of trips, for sure, but it could have been worse.

The Real Food Café in Tyndrum, along the A82 Highlands road from Glasgow to Fort William. Absolutely stunning food, beautiful surroundings, etc etc. Highly recommended if you're ever up that way.

Couple of my friends in the car park of the Café.

Couple of quick pints in a pub just down the road from the Glen Nevis Youth Hostel, in spitting distance of the bottom of the path up Ben Nevis.

Roalith

Can't get enough of FH
The foothills (!) of Ben Nevis from the Youth Hostel's car park. The peak itself is somewhere lost in the clouds up and to the right.

Roalith

Can't get enough of FH
On the Tuesday morning prior to starting the Challenge we wandered around Fort William, got food ready for the trip, etc etc. Took a look at the old Fort too, although there wasn't exactly a lot to see. Just a couple of walls and arches.

Two of my friends posing in front of what was presumably a sea container on the shores of Loch Linnhe, in Fort William.

Roalith

Can't get enough of FH
St. Andrew's (I think) Church, Fort William.

The start of the path up Ben Nevis, right opposite the Youth Hostel. Summit is somewhere up to the right, off-camera.

Waterfall around 400m up the mountain.

Lake around 600m up the mountain.

Roalith

Can't get enough of FH
Around 700m up the mountain, I turned around to be met with this view. The Youth Hostel is one of the small white dots right of centre, along the road.

View down a crag not far from the summit.

At long last - the summit marker!

Somewhere between Scotland and the Lake District, approximately 1.00am. Not a lot to see.

Roalith

Can't get enough of FH
Didn't get any decent snaps of Scafell Pike during the walk up it. We started at around 3am, and finished at around 7:30. Visibility was non-existant, in addition to it being pitch black we were walking through fog and driving rain most of the way. Did manage to get these two snaps from the Wasdale Inn car park while others were getting changed, etc.

On the road from the Lake District down to North Wales. Mike, the driver and father of one of the walkers, was an absolute legend - we had a running commentary on the state of English cricket for pretty much the whole trip.

View from Pen-Y-Pass (?) car park, at the start of the Pyg track up Snowdon.

Roalith

Can't get enough of FH
About 200m up the Pyg Track on Snowdon.

Only Welsh sheep would decide to have a headbutting contest 400m up a mountain cliff face!

Around 700-800m up Snowdon. The peak is wreathed in clouds in the top right of the photo.

We got quite lucky when we hit the top of Snowdon - the clouds cleared away and we had some fantastic views. Unfortunately... my sodding camera phone battery ran out 200m from the top!

Roalith

Can't get enough of FH
And apologies for the spam, 4 pictures per post etc :<

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
Wow grats for doing it :clap:

Probably going up Snowdon myself in a couple of weeks if I can get over there, but there's no way I could do what you managed - give yourself a well-deserved pat on the back, and several pints of beer!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom