In Game Sound Bug

C

Cybwyn

Is it just me or is the in-game sound still broken; you know, that bug that GOA introduced when they patched to 1.62 and said that they'd fix as soon as possible? I know that they've had bigger fish to fry recently but I like mobs and people to make noises when hit. :)

Did I miss some sort of announcement over it? Has it been fixed already and it's just me that's broken? Just wondering because nobody seems to be mentioning it.

A

Aldrian

Last time I played it was still broken...
I began to hear some of the moanings sometimes though, when hit by a dot proc for example

I

inqy

There are also a few places that when you hit a mob it plays the wrong sound instead of nothing at all. This is worse than nothing as when you hit a cave bear in vendo caves (mid), it plays the sound of someone healing. Yes that lengthy high pitched annoying healing sound EVERY hit you make on the bear OR whenever the bear is hurt (dot cycle, bleed etc).

I hope it is fixed soon. You do rely on sound for a lot of things.

G

gutrot

yeh im sure the hunters pet sunds like a norseman when it gets hit :D
how the hell do they manage to fck these things up?

R

red_dog

And the Silvermine Badgers in hib make the sound of a healing spell when you hit them, which is a little confusing, to say the least...

P

PJS

when spiders in treibh hit you, you scream like a girl :/

I sent some feedback to Mythic asking why they hadnt sent over a fix. I also asked if they thought Americans would put up with it on their live servers for this long without sueing their asses off or something.

Screw the Europeans having a working game, weve got ToA to do that they wont see for another 6 months anyway, hahaha.

U

uglymug

in mid ... just valkyn males and norse female models seems to make their usual scream/yelp/groan when getting hit

same goes for malevalkyn based mobs like the morvalt .. and norsefemale based mobs .. erm..like those mylings when they change into ones

sofar i've not heard so much as a peep from any other model in mid when they are hit

edit: oh and my huntersdoggy doesn't make a sound..not when hit, not when released..nevvah :(

O

old.Tohtori

Yeah still burgered(you heard me..). Strange sounds coming from strange places. Animals making funky chirp sounds when they should be fierce killers.

I was running in myrkwood and heard an "aaaargh" when noone was around. Ok, so i turn and turn. Nothing. Nobody in sight. This was at 4am real life time. Then i heard it again. Just this faint, quiet, dying sound of a norseman.

aaaargh

Needless to say, even if it was a game, i was spooked shitless by a viper that attacked me from a bush when i was trying to find the source of the sound. First time this game went Friday 13th on my ass.

S

Silenzio

think this crap has been goin on for too long

T

tripitaka

Originally posted by Silenzio
think this crap has been goin on for too long

That may be so - but if it hasn't been fixed yet, it isn't going to get looked at imo.

Roll on 1.65 for more bugged pleasures.

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by tripitaka
That may be so - but if it hasn't been fixed yet, it isn't going to get looked at imo.

Roll on 1.65 for more bugged pleasures.

I think in this case you mean:

it isn't going to get -heared- at imo.

But yeah, more bugs please, this one made my game seem like a neverending horrormovie.

R

Roo Stercogburn

Still broken for me, and I play on several different systems depending on where I am. Its intermittant though, which is the worst kind of problem to track down.

Sometimes groupmembers are casting or getting smacked and I hear nothing. Sometimes ambient music kicks in during a fight. Sometimes it seems distance related: I go running up to groupmates that are silently thwacking away at mobs and suddenly I have full-on combat sounds. Mucho strangeness.

Can't really rely on sounds now as cues for something happening.

O

old.Tohtori

The odd thing eally is that it's accountbased(seems like it) since when i hear a sound(like the aaargh incident) it seems that others still don't.

Kinda funny to be in a group where you can actually get the:

Jeff: Shh. You hear that?

Tonder: What?

Jeff: RIght there! That..hissing noise.

Tonder: You're hearing things.

Jeff: Honest! It's like...a snake or something..

Tonder: Yeah, yeah...and my mother is an AAAAA!!

Jeff: An "aaaaa!!"?

Tonder points.

Jeff: Oh...aAAAAA!!

T

tripitaka

THey could always rollback to 1.60 - GASP SHOCK HORROR.

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by tripitaka
THey could always rollback to 1.60 - GASP SHOCK HORROR.

:eek7:

gasp...shock...horror...

*with a happy voice*

Is that one of my lines? I'm honored.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom