In game music

U

Umm...

This'll probably be really stupid but i was wondering if this would be possible...

If some people were listening to songs or had songs on their computer, it would come up in a list for other users to select and listen to ??? would this be possible.

this whole idea is prob a load of bull but any plz answer :D

O

old.Tohtori

The songs would have t be loaded from the user to the servers and so on, would be too much of a waste of space, not to mention the problem of actually making it work. Then we have lag issues, the sound wouldn't stream...it could be done but it would be a pain in the butt all the way around.

U

Umm...

thx for opinion :D

thought it would'nt be that good but spose it was worth askin about

S

SFXman

Another problem is the copyrights on songs I'd guess :)
They'd cost... a lot... to Mythic to play :)

I

inqy

I use a multimedia keyboard to control winamp in the background. works quite well. only way to keep me from going insane.

just make sure you preload winamp and a big playlist :D (otherwise if you load after, you get the familiar, oooh shit I pressed the start key feeling :) )

O

old.Velo

I allways listen to nectarine radio wich is a online demoscene radio station, or slay radio that plays comodore 64 remixes...

http://nlc.no:8002 <- nectarine
radio.c64.org:8000 <- slay radio

K

kr0n

Velo is a C64 n00b ;)

Just use play Winamp under DAoC. And remember that if you have any MP3s, you must own the CD the copies are in, otherwise its illegal :)

V

VidX

Doesn't have to be CD's kr0n, alot of my Winamp playlist is from old LP's and tapes which I can't find on CD :)

O

old.Xarr

Originally posted by kr0n
Just use play Winamp under DAoC. And remember that if you have any MP3s, you must own the CD the copies are in, otherwise its illegal :)

ahahahahahahaha good one :)

*wipes a tear*

B

blain

On this subject.

Has anyone found a way of modifying the music list in camelot to play custom tunes?

i.e play track a when in combat etc?

The file is an XL file, but as soon as you boot camelot, it downloads a replacement of the original. :(

S

SFXman

Originally posted by old.Blain
On this subject.

Has anyone found a way of modifying the music list in camelot to play custom tunes?

The file is an XL file, but as soon as you boot camelot, it downloads a replacement of the original. :(
What you going to put instead?
A recording of some CS player saying "I WILL OWN YOU NOOOOOBBBBBBBBB!" ? :)

O

old.Velo

Originally posted by old.Blain
On this subject.

I know there was a homemade soundpack a few months ago... so its posible... its prob against the rules though.

S

SFXman

Originally posted by old.Velo
I know there was a homemade soundpack a few months ago... so its posible... its prob against the rules though.
Why the hell would it be? :eek:
Well it might be but I find that a bit daft, what on earth could that matter... someone puts a very loud "HEEEEEEEEY !!!!!! YOU ARE BEING ATTACKED NOW SO COME BACK TO YOUR COMPUTER IMMEDIATELY!" when they enter combat mode so that if they are afk they can run back quick?

P

Purefun

You start daoc, let the updater do its work and at the loginscreen you put your custom xlfile over the original one, then you type your pass and press enter. This needs to be done everytime you load daoc, or you could write a batfile to ease up the work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom