Important News Re Public Sof Servers!

T

thorne

umm thats pretty big news,

Barrys SOF servers are noob central,they wont go thru a login even if they knew about it which 99% of them wont.

Guess BW wants the SOF servers empty so they can move them to another game :(

Notice the other games in th test are small/old comminties 2

T

TedTheDog

I'd agreee, it is pretty big news, and I also agree that if people dont know about our Tech Trial they'll go somewhere else.
We dont deny this and we're going to need help getting the message across. We're not doing this to annoy you all, we're doing this as we inevitably must charge for such a service as we provide, and we have to try out the tools that make that possible.
Theres no cost associated with the Tech Trial at all, its just a trial.

As I dont play SoF myself I dont know good SoF sites to email to try and spread the word myself. Can you suggest some?

Also, we've made BarryLogon, part of the Tech Trial, public. Full info on BarryLogon can be found here

S

SarkiE

It's ok spreading the word, but as the majority of players that play on BW sof servers are newbies, then no matter where you post the majority of them aren't gonna know about it, and will not see posts on forums as they don't visit them.

They'll just be sitting infront of their pc's wondering why their favourite servers have suddenly vanished....

S

Sh@dy

I've already let the appropriate 'site owners' know of the situation, but I have to agree with SarkiE (and not just cos she's my G/F :D), the majority of the 'established' community tend not to frequent the BW servers simply because of the lack of gore.
They are indeed full of newbies to the game, and once they 'establish' themselves then they tend to stray from BW and into the mainstay.

It is likely that the BW servers will now be a little playerless, at least until the gore issue is settled.

O

old.Tsy

hmm we could post the word on the TCL website...

wanna do it Shady? :p

X

Xantaro

Yep, no gore, no players.

Interesting that you use the words "we inevitably must charge for such a service as we provide".

I don't quite see why that's inevitable. I'm willing to play for clanservers, but certainly not for fragging n00bs. The publics are for fun, learning the game, more social than anything.

If it was inevitable, surely Jolt would be doing likewise?

O

old.Tharkun

Heh, asking the players to spread the word so that THEY will have to pay some day....no thanks ;)
As long as other companies have free servers up it just wont float.Also, people arent gunna pay a monthly fee for these sorts of games.In fact i would venture to say that more people wont even try the MP if they have to pay for the privilidge, thus killing off the influx of new players to the community, and eventually the game with it.

Users who are viewing this thread