Important info to all sbs!

Jox

Fledgling Freddie
Ok, I feel its my duty to tell you about the latest breakthrough in sb-specs;

http://vnboards.ign.com/Midgard_Rogue_Professions/b20912/78799461/?467

So basically; Sword or axe above 51(including items + rr) does absolutely nothing if you dont use sword/axe-styles, and most sbs I know prefer comeback/garrote/frosty gaze/achilles or doublefrost.

Next unbelievable secret; displayed weapon-skill = rubbish

The only thing that lower your foes evade-rate is pure, massive, indomitable strength(got 390 right now), your spec dosent matter at all.

I went from;

Sword 44
Laxe 39
CS 34
Envenom 27
Stealth 30

to

Sword 31
Laxe 40
CS 44
Envenom 30
Stealth 30

and I have noticed a prominent raise in damage-output, I also havent seen more evades/blocks/parries due to lesser "displayed" weaponskill.

So best specs for a rr 5 sb would be;

Sword 36
Laxe 39
CS 35
Envenom 32
Stealth 35

Or the shadowzerk-spec;

Sword 36
Laxe 50
CS 10
Envenom 35
Stealth 35

At rr 6+ the shadowzerk-spec will be impossible to maintain without having large amounts of skill-points left.

Ok, that was all for this time! or as we say in Sweden;

Bättre en rövare i poolen än en polare i röven.

Runolas

Fledgling Freddie
I'm specced atm 35Axe/43LA/34CS/31EN/34EN and can confirm that I haven't seen evaderate dropping - dmg is ok.

Auriel

Fledgling Freddie
Great work by Wyrd ;) I've respecced my ranger - so far I like it and I might have to try 50 Celtic Dual @ RR6 or so ;)

Wmv

Fledgling Freddie
I usally never trust any tests done on VN but that Wyrd dude seems to know what hes talking about

Some time ago i respeced from 50sword (1630ws) to 38sword (1520ws) and i cant say i notice much diff in dmg or miss rate so no it seems like WS isnt everything

tookha

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm. I'll have to try this out also, though i haven't played my current SB much ^^

I remember speccing Evull 35 Axe, 44 LA and 34 CS back in the days, and it worked very well. But I don't really know if that was because of this or because of LA overpoweredness :D

Rezy

Fledgling Freddie
started out with using
35stealth 44axe , 44LA , 35env. as the one i knew as SZ specc.
was a very nice specc tho and was nice to play with.
i respecced for some months ago to
35stealth , 39cs , 44sword , 21LA , 35env.
and i haven't noticed that much difference maybe just me thats somethin wrong with.
but i just wanted to respec to use PA , CD , SS etc. >:) since i got use to that on camlann and missed it on excal while playing my sb :)

Fragoverrule

One of Freddy's beloved
Have spec

34cs, 35 stealth, 35 env, 39 la, 36 axe atm now.. i used to have 50 weapon, 39 la, 35 env, 35 stealth) and i cant i miss the dmg.. actually main hits harder, dunno anymore about offhand

Yadeniel

Fledgling Freddie
Remember how much u all cried about infils with 50thrust? :/

What u think now that 50thrust was the reason of an infil "always" won Sbs due to wpnskill...? now that is false ... and if we want a stun we must spec 50wpn and not lower to 34 or so like NS or Sbs :)

ironic.

Find another reason to whine now? :/ or just play like that m8 did and found that? ..

I will get flamed for sure, but i dont care, c u :)

tookha

Fledgling Freddie
Yadeniel said:

I do, though i remember the reason being that dragonfang was 9 second stun .

Yadeniel said:
What u think now that 50thrust was the reason of an infil "always" won Sbs due to wpnskill...? now that is false ... and if we want a stun we must spec 50wpn and not lower to 34 or so like NS or Sbs :)

Aehahaha ! Cry me a river, whiner !

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
Schimtar figured this out about 3-4 months ago tho.

Ch1ld

Fledgling Freddie
noaim said:
Schimtar figured this out about 3-4 months ago tho.

And the idiot never bothered to share this info with fellow sbs * cough *

Sanzor

Fledgling Freddie
Pretty nice to know, thought my spec on my sb would be gimped 39axe/44la/35stealth/39cs and rest env as im higher in la. Thx for the info, Jox :)

Haldar

Fledgling Freddie
was 37 sword 80% of my SB career.

really funny that 2 yrs ago i made choices that are not bad even now...except failing to AT till 48..

poky

Fledgling Freddie
Haldar said:
was 37 sword 80% of my SB career.

really funny that 2 yrs ago i made choices that are not bad even now...except failing to AT till 48..

did you quit or rerolled or?

Yadeniel

Fledgling Freddie
Evull said:
I do, though i remember the reason being that dragonfang was 9 second stun .

Aehahaha ! Cry me a river, whiner !

And then, u continue crying about all infils with 50wpn, when u had to go for 44... ofc ofc. :D

Yadeniel

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
infils with 50 dw and cs AND relics, FUN! :(

NS and ranger with 2stuns, one from side at low lvl when infils wont have any stun now and sbs only one from chain... FUN ;)

Blitzing

Fledgling Freddie
Yadeniel said:

ironic.

Find another reason to whine now? :/ or just play like that m8 did and found that? ..

I will get flamed for sure, but i dont care, c u :)

nah its wasnt because of their ws, but their insta win DF 9sec stun :D

Cracked

Fledgling Freddie
Respeced yesterday from:

34 Stealth
34 CS
39 LA
41 Sword
31 Env.

to: (Im soon RR7 so i might aswell go with a spec for that)

33 Stealth
50 CS
33 LA
34 Sword
25 Env.

I had to try out 50 CS since i mainly use CS stylez, i also switched from useing comback/frosty to hamstring/leaper since i seldom run solo these days and it's not often i get a chance to get the stun style in.

Tested with a duel against a hunter friend of mine who has capped cold resists, i used a cold MP legendary and malice in offhand, i can say that i lost about 20 in damage offhand but gained about the same in mainhand. I noticed my PA and followups did about 100-150 more damage now. Normal damage to him (if i remember correctly (both fully buffed)) was about 190 mainhand garotte and 80 offhand. Achilles about 210, hamstring 230+, leaper 250+

In any case i will continue to use this spec for avile to try it out, i will probably increase my spec in LA abit to get some of the damage lost back. All in all i liked the spec, fun to try something new. But it's not ground breaking damage compared to before

EDIT: Forgot that i had 3 relics last time i looked at my damage as 5-spec. This damage is really good imo. :drink:

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
should work for every class, its just not very useful for zerks since you would have total shit 2h style dmg, and you have nothing else to put points in except parry

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom