Important - Check your Bank/Credit card statements

war elephant

Fledgling Freddie
Hey all

I'd advise you all to take a look at your statements if you don't normally bother. Just got mine and I've been charged four times this month. (4 * £8)

I'm assuming they'll be refunding it as I have contacted them but I doubt they'd have done it if I hadn't noticed.

Regards.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Ofcourse in said situation, you should first chek your bank that the statement doesn't have an error before going mental on GOA/Mythic.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
i remember my first credited payment on wow was to some hotel in bristol......i was confused untill i read up on it.

being charged 4 times tho, might be an error like teh seel said.

can anyone confirm they have been charged extra?

war elephant

Fledgling Freddie
I know of one other person it happened to now, but they only got two charges.

I confirmed it first. It seems to have been around patchday this occurred.

mirieth!

Banned
they charged me twice after i had canceled once, e-mailed them with screenshots and was refunded 3 months shortly after :clap:

war elephant

Fledgling Freddie
I guess I'll have to send them some screen shots then.

They're fucking me about big time - even said I had to go check some site called www.dibit.com

I don't even know who the fuck they are let alone how to check what it is they're saying.

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
war elephant said:
I guess I'll have to send them some screen shots then.

They're fucking me about big time - even said I had to go check some site called www.dibit.com

I don't even know who the fuck they are let alone how to check what it is they're saying.
It'll be bibit.com not dibit. Bibit are the company who do Goa's billing services so you'll need to check there for a payment code or whatever. Otherwise Goa can't track it as you haven't paid them directly.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
chretien said:
It'll be bibit.com not dibit. Bibit are the company who do Goa's billing services so you'll need to check there for a payment code or whatever. Otherwise Goa can't track it as you haven't paid them directly.

It's GOA's responsibility to check and make sure the issue is sorted out and a refund given. I do hate it when they pass the buck onto a company they contracted to do the work.

If you live in the UK and you are getting nowhere contact your local Trading Standards office. If not resolved they may tell you to contact the Police (not joking) as double billing etc is seen as internet fraud. Also, contact your credit card company and tell them what's occurred sometimes they can get the money back quicker.

war elephant

Fledgling Freddie
chretien said:

That makes more sense, thanks.

Basically they've fobbed me off onto that URL, which was wrong, and even when I corrected to main domain error, the suffix was all wrong so the page didn't even display.

However, I sorted it and I'll send 'em the data.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
If it's a CC then let me remind you that it's very possibly not GOA's fault. I went MENTAL at amazon recently for triple billing me for goods (amounted to an overcharge of about £800). They swore blind they didn't do it, turns out it was my CC company who appologised via a very short and groveling letter a few days later.

So check with your CC company first, then shout at GOA :-P

Marc

FH is my second home
My credit card company took a £135 payment for a phone bill 14 times once. Tossers

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Hawkwind said:
It's GOA's responsibility to check and make sure the issue is sorted out and a refund given. I do hate it when they pass the buck onto a company they contracted to do the work.
I doubt very much whether Bibit are allowed to hand over the details of someone's payments to a third party. If Goa haven't had the money, then they probably aren't allowed to ask for details of the payments from Bibit as that's the private business of the credit card holder. The guy would have to request it himself then pass the details to Goa for chasing.

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
Marc said:
My credit card company took a £135 payment for a phone bill 14 times once. Tossers

Bank employee who had too much coffee?

shaking hands and a <click to accept transfer> button could ofcourse give some very expensive effects :p

[cli-cli-cli-cli-cli-cli-cli-cli-cli-click]

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Ha 02 once charged me 3x for a 300 quid phone, I rang them up each time and got put through to the head of department who ASSURED me it wouldn't happen again..it did.
While I was waiting to get it sorted a Bailif firm pushed a letter through my door saying they would be back for goods equal to the debt.

I rang 02 a little animated and some little slimeball told me it was up to me to prove they had done it, I think I called him names Satan would wince at.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
chretien said:
I doubt very much whether Bibit are allowed to hand over the details of someone's payments to a third party. If Goa haven't had the money, then they probably aren't allowed to ask for details of the payments from Bibit as that's the private business of the credit card holder. The guy would have to request it himself then pass the details to Goa for chasing.

Correct, but in the eyes of the law still GOA are responsible. You pay GOA for a service they provide. They have contracted out the collection of that money to a third party. GOA are still responsible to manage their contractors. To just inform you to contact their contractor because they cannot be arsed is very poor customer service.

No Credit Card numbers need to be used in communication between GOA and Bibit. All they need to inform Bibit of is the account number or billing refernce and complaint.

As I said before contact your CC company and inform them that you only authorised 1 payment. They will help get the other payments back and also give a warning to the billing agent. If a billing agent continues such practices they will have their ratings downgraded and not be allowed to process billing from CC's (in extreme cases). Much more effective than dealing with the billing agent directly.

If you get no joy from CC company (unlikely) or Bibet contact the Trading Standards and the Police.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom